Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Chelsea 0-2 Liverpool


Jase

Man of the Match  

17 members have voted

  1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

    • Kepa
      2
    • James
      1
    • Zouma
      1
    • Christensen
      0
    • Alonso
      0
    • Jorginho
      0
    • Kovacic
      0
    • Kante
      2
    • Werner
      8
    • Havertz
      0
    • Mount
      0
    • Tomori (sub)
      3
    • Abraham (sub)
      0
    • Barkley (sub)
      0


Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, DanP2311 said:

Can someone explain to me what Frank sees that puts CHO so far down the winger list? At the end of the restart he looked good to me, certainly far better in attacking wing position overall than several of the people that have been playing ahead of him.

I dont understand RLC ahead of him, but I can see Mount because Mount will pull the trigger on a shot on goal. CHO has not been as aggressive with taking the shot. There must be something going on at training for CHO to be so far down the list.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I dont understand RLC ahead of him, but I can see Mount because Mount will pull the trigger on a shot on goal. CHO has not been as aggressive with taking the shot. There must be something going on at training for CHO to be so far down the list.

Tomori must fuckin stink in training sessions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's logically not making sense to me why people want Havertz to play on the right rather than CAM position. Why would you want to force him on the right when he is much better in the middle?
Who said they want him to play there? The fact is we have one winger available right now who struggled last season. I would have played CHO but Frank didn't so it is what it is. It's not ludicrous for him to have played him out there despite it not want everyone wanted to see.

The point was purely that as is always the case everyone wants to make instant snap decision judgements after 1 game. Every player is either complete dogshit or the second coming of christ based off the first game of the season with no preseason when he fact is you can't really judge anything this early.

I cant see that hes mot fit. He was chasing balls down up n down.
He was very laboured. Had his big run to recover his error but was getting beat all over the place so definitely lacked some match sharpness as he was a passenger for a lot of the game.

Which is a testament to the guy in that he was able to do what he did without having that full match fitness. He should be immense when he is in a few games time.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Hutcho said:

Who said they want him to play there? The fact is we have one winger available right now who struggled last season. I would have played CHO but Frank didn't so it is what it is. It's not ludicrous for him to have played him out there despite it not want everyone wanted to see.

The point was purely that as is always the case everyone wants to make instant snap decision judgements after 1 game. Every player is either complete dogshit or the second coming of christ based off the first game of the season with no preseason when he fact is you can't really judge anything this early.

He was very laboured. Had his big run to recover his error but was getting beat all over the place so definitely lacked some match sharpness as he was a passenger for a lot of the game.

Which is a testament to the guy in that he was able to do what he did without having that full match fitness. He should be immense when he is in a few games time.

Then why mention him playing on the right when he's matchfit? We got Pulisic coming back for the Liverpool game on Sunday. I would love to see Havertz play in the middle where he is at his best. 

All I'm saying is that playing him on the right will hinder his performances. It reminds me of when we used to play Mata on the right tbh. It's not his natural position. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites



Then why mention him playing on the right when he's matchfit? We got Pulisic coming back for the Liverpool game on Sunday. I would love to see Havertz play in the middle where he is at his best. 
All I'm saying is that playing him on the right will hinder his performances. It reminds me of when we used to play Mata on the right tbh. It's not his natural position. 


My point was simply that he may play well out on the right and this was not fair to fully judge kai on 1 performance. Because injuries happen and have happened and we may need options.

I would also rather he play Central. But my point was purely that he may have performed average if he played Central due to the other things I've mentioned such as match fitness etc and he may still be an effective option there if we needed it. I don't think we can make any judgements of him based on 1 game which was his first competitive match in over a month.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Strike said:

Kepa

Reece Zouma Silva Azpi

Kante Jorginho Kovacic

CHO Giroud Werner 

Ignore.gif.7379961d86f0e002473db81dfce617c5.gif

Whatever happened the 1st game we SHOULD have expected Kai to be on the slow side so I really couldn't care what anyone says about him and where hes played. Guys going to be immense for us.

Im just waiting for that day we can have all the new lads on together. All fit,gelled. That day will be remembered/

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Unionjack said:

Ignore.gif.7379961d86f0e002473db81dfce617c5.gif

Whatever happened the 1st game we SHOULD have expected Kai to be on the slow side so I really couldn't care what anyone says about him and where hes played. Guys going to be immense for us.

Im just waiting for that day we can have all the new lads on together. All fit,gelled. That day will be remembered/

Still convinced Kai will come good but he shouldn't be starting as a winger because Liverpool's fullbacks will be all over him. Centrally, I'd prefer Kovacic over him for this game and keep a simple counter-attacking game plan of trying to release CHO and Werner into space 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Strike said:

Still convinced Kai will come good but he shouldn't be starting as a winger because Liverpool's fullbacks will be all over him. Centrally, I'd prefer Kovacic over him for this game and keep a simple counter-attacking game plan of trying to release CHO and Werner into space 

You dont want to play Kai but would a very unproven,rusty CHO? Hmmm.wheres the threat in that MF

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kante kova
CHO Kai Werner
Giroud


Kova and kai in the middle should help build up through the small spaces. Giroud will actually win the inevitable long balls ( if we play hoof ball then Giroud must be first name on the sheet).

I'm really looking forward to when giroud and Werner play together

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Still very weird that there's been zero footage of Thiago Silva training yet. Equally as weird how we haven't heard via well connected Chelsea sources about the severity or even what the injury actually is with Ziyech.

I'd be super excited and even fairly confident about winning this if we had those 2 fit. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Still very weird that there's been zero footage of Thiago Silva training yet. Equally as weird how we haven't heard via well connected Chelsea sources about the severity or even what the injury actually is with Ziyech.
I'd be super excited and even fairly confident about winning this if we had those 2 fit. 
Lampard already said that he expect Ziyech to be out for couple of weeks

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Lampard already said that he expect Ziyech to be out for couple of weeks

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk
 

He said something like "we hope it's just a couple of weeks" but he wasn't sure. All we know is that he had a "slight twist" to his knee. It's gotta be something more severe than that if it's all such a mystery. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Unionjack said:

You dont want to play Kai but would a very unproven,rusty CHO? Hmmm.wheres the threat in that MF

'Unproven, rusty' CHO played in the Brighton pre-season friendly and had good games for England U-21

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You