• Kante
    • Werner
    • Havertz
    • Mount
    • Tomori (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Barkley (sub)

19 minutes ago, Hutcho said:

Definitely think everyone's reading too much into the poor performance of players as being due to be being out of position rather than just being not match fit.

Havertz will probably be very effective on the right but he was clearly not fully match fit which makes sense seeing as how he hasn't played a competitive match in ages. Same with a lot of them. The ones who played 2 lots of 90 mins with their country looked pretty sharp. The likes of Christensen, Werner as well as kante and jorginho come to mind. All of whom have had that extra couple of games.

Play a fully match fit kai on right wing and we may be saying something different. I think even if he played centrally it wouldn't have been the kai we will hope to see in a few weeks (would have been better than RLC I imagine). But I think we need to get players back fit and get a bigger game sample size to be able to judge much of anything.

I cant see that hes mot fit. He was chasing balls down up n down.

Can someone explain to me what Frank sees that puts CHO so far down the winger list? At the end of the restart he looked good to me, certainly far better in attacking wing position overall than several of the people that have been playing ahead of him.

22 minutes ago, DanP2311 said:

Can someone explain to me what Frank sees that puts CHO so far down the winger list? At the end of the restart he looked good to me, certainly far better in attacking wing position overall than several of the people that have been playing ahead of him.

I dont understand RLC ahead of him, but I can see Mount because Mount will pull the trigger on a shot on goal. CHO has not been as aggressive with taking the shot. There must be something going on at training for CHO to be so far down the list.

47 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I dont understand RLC ahead of him, but I can see Mount because Mount will pull the trigger on a shot on goal. CHO has not been as aggressive with taking the shot. There must be something going on at training for CHO to be so far down the list.

Tomori must fuckin stink in training sessions.

It's logically not making sense to me why people want Havertz to play on the right rather than CAM position. Why would you want to force him on the right when he is much better in the middle?
Who said they want him to play there? The fact is we have one winger available right now who struggled last season. I would have played CHO but Frank didn't so it is what it is. It's not ludicrous for him to have played him out there despite it not want everyone wanted to see.

The point was purely that as is always the case everyone wants to make instant snap decision judgements after 1 game. Every player is either complete dogshit or the second coming of christ based off the first game of the season with no preseason when he fact is you can't really judge anything this early.

I cant see that hes mot fit. He was chasing balls down up n down.
He was very laboured. Had his big run to recover his error but was getting beat all over the place so definitely lacked some match sharpness as he was a passenger for a lot of the game.

Which is a testament to the guy in that he was able to do what he did without having that full match fitness. He should be immense when he is in a few games time.

6 minutes ago, Hutcho said:

Who said they want him to play there? The fact is we have one winger available right now who struggled last season. I would have played CHO but Frank didn't so it is what it is. It's not ludicrous for him to have played him out there despite it not want everyone wanted to see.

The point was purely that as is always the case everyone wants to make instant snap decision judgements after 1 game. Every player is either complete dogshit or the second coming of christ based off the first game of the season with no preseason when he fact is you can't really judge anything this early.

He was very laboured. Had his big run to recover his error but was getting beat all over the place so definitely lacked some match sharpness as he was a passenger for a lot of the game.

Which is a testament to the guy in that he was able to do what he did without having that full match fitness. He should be immense when he is in a few games time.

Then why mention him playing on the right when he's matchfit? We got Pulisic coming back for the Liverpool game on Sunday. I would love to see Havertz play in the middle where he is at his best. 

All I'm saying is that playing him on the right will hinder his performances. It reminds me of when we used to play Mata on the right tbh. It's not his natural position. 

Then why mention him playing on the right when he's matchfit? We got Pulisic coming back for the Liverpool game on Sunday. I would love to see Havertz play in the middle where he is at his best. 
All I'm saying is that playing him on the right will hinder his performances. It reminds me of when we used to play Mata on the right tbh. It's not his natural position. 

My point was simply that he may play well out on the right and this was not fair to fully judge kai on 1 performance. Because injuries happen and have happened and we may need options.

I would also rather he play Central. But my point was purely that he may have performed average if he played Central due to the other things I've mentioned such as match fitness etc and he may still be an effective option there if we needed it. I don't think we can make any judgements of him based on 1 game which was his first competitive match in over a month.

1 minute ago, Strike said:

Kepa

Reece Zouma Silva Azpi

Kante Jorginho Kovacic

CHO Giroud Werner 

Ignore.gif.7379961d86f0e002473db81dfce617c5.gif

Whatever happened the 1st game we SHOULD have expected Kai to be on the slow side so I really couldn't care what anyone says about him and where hes played. Guys going to be immense for us.

Im just waiting for that day we can have all the new lads on together. All fit,gelled. That day will be remembered/

1 minute ago, Unionjack said:

Ignore.gif.7379961d86f0e002473db81dfce617c5.gif

Whatever happened the 1st game we SHOULD have expected Kai to be on the slow side so I really couldn't care what anyone says about him and where hes played. Guys going to be immense for us.

Im just waiting for that day we can have all the new lads on together. All fit,gelled. That day will be remembered/

Still convinced Kai will come good but he shouldn't be starting as a winger because Liverpool's fullbacks will be all over him. Centrally, I'd prefer Kovacic over him for this game and keep a simple counter-attacking game plan of trying to release CHO and Werner into space 

1 minute ago, Strike said:

Still convinced Kai will come good but he shouldn't be starting as a winger because Liverpool's fullbacks will be all over him. Centrally, I'd prefer Kovacic over him for this game and keep a simple counter-attacking game plan of trying to release CHO and Werner into space 

You dont want to play Kai but would a very unproven,rusty CHO? Hmmm.wheres the threat in that MF

Kante kova
CHO Kai Werner
Giroud

Kova and kai in the middle should help build up through the small spaces. Giroud will actually win the inevitable long balls ( if we play hoof ball then Giroud must be first name on the sheet).

I'm really looking forward to when giroud and Werner play together

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Still very weird that there's been zero footage of Thiago Silva training yet. Equally as weird how we haven't heard via well connected Chelsea sources about the severity or even what the injury actually is with Ziyech.

I'd be super excited and even fairly confident about winning this if we had those 2 fit. 

Still very weird that there's been zero footage of Thiago Silva training yet. Equally as weird how we haven't heard via well connected Chelsea sources about the severity or even what the injury actually is with Ziyech.
I'd be super excited and even fairly confident about winning this if we had those 2 fit. 
Lampard already said that he expect Ziyech to be out for couple of weeks

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk