21. Ben Chilwell

Strike

2 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Just come off injured.

Looks to be his back, and hopefully more of an impact injury rather than any sort of muscle injury. Fingers crossed, cannot stand international breaks just hoping everyone comes back fit.

Better be prepare to see Emerson or Alonso back in the starting XI next weekend... :rant:

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Better be prepare to see Emerson or Alonso back in the starting XI next weekend... :rant:

We'll see, Chilwell tried to carry on but it seemed Southgate withdrew him as a precaution. It didn't look particularly serious, hopefully it's just a bang and a week's chance to heal will hopefully be ok.

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Welp Emerson is playing good vs Poland so he may be a back up but i wish that Ben has nothing serious.  You cant imagine how i hate internationals break.

6 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

We'll see, Chilwell tried to carry on but it seemed Southgate withdrew him as a precaution. It didn't look particularly serious, hopefully it's just a bang and a week's chance to heal will hopefully be ok.

Hope so! Southgate better let Chilwell return to Cobham after this regardless of whether it's serious or not. England's midweek game looks like a dead rubber at this point.

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

Hope so! Southgate better let Chilwell return to Cobham after this regardless of whether it's serious or not. England's midweek game looks like a dead rubber at this point.

I think Southgate is a pretty abysmal manager, piggy-backing off one of the easiest world cup runs to a semi final ever known.

However, he seems a pretty reasonable and professional person when it comes to managing the players. I could see him wanting to keep a good relationship with Premier League managers.

Like you said, that midweek game looks like it'll be a dead rubber and as a result I can see him not starting anyone who's played in both games, so hopefully he'll also give Mount a rest in that one too.

1 hour ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Chilwell shaked his head. He wanted to continue, however felt discomfort and when he was walking off you could see him saying he was unable to continue.

1 hour ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

It was difficult to tell if it was anything really bad. Holding his lower back but didn't look to be in a lot of pain.

Hopefully not. I remember Hazard had a back issue couple years back and he missed a week and a few days but was back within a fortnight. Hopefully it is just that. I would be more concerned if it was a lower body injury though, so hopefully he is back for weekend.

I know Chilwell has started well here and depending on the injury or if it was precautionary substitution or not it, we may see Alonso (preferably over Emerson if I had to pick from the two personally) or Emerson in some capacity. 

I am sure it was the same when Alonso came in last season for a few games at the start and he did ok after Emerson had that decent few games under Frank, despite the doom and gloom of “oh ffs now Alonso needs to play” “hes so shit” bla bla bla

I am sure for a week or two these guys can surely fill in and be reasonable enough 😂

Hopefully precautionary but again if it means letting BC miss one game to be rested/fully recovered so hes fully fit to go for the week after (Spurs isnt it?) then surely Alonso/Emerson would suffice for 1 game. Or will it be a meltdown if one of them are named in the starting 11 next match 😂? 

7 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

I am sure it was the same when Alonso came in last season for a few games at the start and he did ok after Emerson had that decent few games under Frank, despite the doom and gloom of “oh ffs now Alonso needs to play” “hes so shit” bla bla bla

Alonso was useless last season. Period. 

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

Alonso was useless last season. Period. 

When he came in for Emerson at the start for a few games he did ok (ok being passable - not great) but obviously got worse as the season went on. I get overall he was shit mostly but if its going to be one or two matches its hardly worth getting in a twist over. 

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Azpilicueta says no.

Would sacrifice some attacking guile down the left in favor of defensive solidity.

We have James and Ziyech on the other flank.

Hope Lampard agrees. And hope Pulisic is also fit by some miracle 

We can’t have any liabilities defensively at the moment. Alonso ruined his chance with that atrocious display against West Brom. 

Willing to sacrifice our attack for Dave at LB for the time being.