Mikel John Obi

Badboy

My worry in all this is that Jose/the board think they will pull a master plan by not buying anyone if Mikel is sold and slot Essien straight in there.

Essien is a million miles away from the player he used to be, couldn't be further in fact. Essien could be a viable option as back-up RB to Azpi but nothing more IMO. In his last spell with us before leaving for Madrid his passing had become so poor I actually thought he was trying to throw games.

Remember that time when "This is a bullshit story, the club wouldn't let him leave" and "I'll be laughing when Jose picks him almost every game" were both consistently being posted only with slightly different words each time?

Remember when the argument was "Every manager has picked & retained him and we see what he brings to the side so he obviously is good."?

Well a more seasoned, experienced and better Mourinho is now letting him leave. This newer, more competent board are letting him leave.

He's come out to say earlier in the season he couldn't give a fuck about the Europa League yet jumped in the celebrations like Bosingwa in Munich.

He's now saying it's the 'time to leave'. Dat loyalty :wank2:

Thank fuck this thread can quiet down once the move is complete. Although I'm sure it'll come alive for a few hours when he scores a tap in for Gala :ph34r::getin:

I'll be pretty sad if he leaves. His been for year and although his performances where sometimes frustrating ge always gave his all to the club. I also fell he still has potential and under a manager like mourinho he could become a key player.

Agreed. Munich and Barca away performances stick out like a sore thumb. Gave EVERYTHING for Chelsea both those nights. Will always appreciate him for those games.

Seems like he's leaving based off of his own will and not the clubs own doing, Probably wants a club where he would be appreciated and where better than the city of the most passionate fanbase in the World, where half the supporters aren't clueless.

Those quotes seems a bit dodgy. Feels so open, random and casual about it. Could be a mistranslation/misquote with these kind of interviews.

Never really fulfilled his potential -but for his performance in th CL Final alone he deserves much adulation -he would have died for the club that night

I think this is a signal that the club are looking to have players in the squad better able of controlling the tempo positively, rather than simply trying to limit the opposition to 34 chances in a game and rely on luck.

But he'll go down in history as being in Munich on that night and we'll say thanks for that, like we did with Bosingwa, Malouda, Kalou, Sturridge and maybe even Torres.

When Kalou was here no one really focused their hate on Mikel. No one was really bothered by him. As soon as Kalou went people realised they needed someone to hate.

God knows who it's going to be now

I've personally chosen Mata. It's so controversial I'll definitely get a few bites. :Goober:

When Kalou was here no one really focused their hate on Mikel. No one was really bothered by him. As soon as Kalou went people realised they needed someone to hate.

God knows who it's going to be now

I think you'd struggle to find anyone who hates Mikel. There are just many, many people who don't rate him and think we should sell him.

Personally I think hate is a pretty strong emotion to throw around so flippantly when talking about sport.