Mikel John Obi

Badboy

If we could get De Rossi for the prices banded around it would be a brilliant piece of business. If not De Rossi I am not sure exactly who it could be, but I trust Jose and the board to get it right.

Bench warmer at best, not the worst in the world but no where near good enough either. If we get £10m then must sold this guy, hell even Romeu is catching up to him now and some people think they are on par already. Never reached his potential and never will, shame imo.

funny how people always calling romeu..he has had a hard injury, how people do know that he will reach his level after it? also, i dont see how people rate him that much higher than mikel. he is maybe technically better, but mikel is defensively better than romeu is. romeu is mediocre at best atm.

if mikel leaves, we need 1-2 new DMs...and dont know if we will get them.

Marmite this bloke, love or hate him, no in between. I also find it strange how offensive people become if people don't rate Mikel.

In no way would I say "Eff off your crap" he's been really good for us, but I feel he has really stagnated, we must improve on this position and I think we easily can.

He continued: 'Talks have reached an advanced level between Chelsea and Galatasaray. Chelsea won't make the move difficult and regarding my salary there won't be a problem.

'All that is left is for the clubs to reach an agreement.'

I must be dreaming!

Seems a bit too good to be true. It doesn't really make sense to put him on such a lengthy contract and sell him a year later...unless this comes straight from Mourinho. In that case, it hints at a new style for the pivot or even the development of Chalobah/Aké (if you take into account his mention of not challenging for the title right away).

That said, it would make sense to take the year to simply develop new blood instead of having some players who have hit their ceilings or never fulfilled their potential (Mikel) hogging game time.