Mikel John Obi

Badboy

btw. whatever you guys say Mikel has been a constant performer in our team under many managers. your opinion is as valid as that of this west ham fan who said Lampsy's not good enough.

I actually like Mikel and am not one of the "extreme haters", but simply think he is underperforming a lot in recent weeks and has recently seemed uninterested when playing... However, that comparison is absurd. Lampard is one of the greatest of all time in his position. Mikel is not.

Not necessarily... People like effort, and players who give their all for their club. Recently Mikel hasn't looked like that sort of player. Makele for example wasn't very flashy yet he was loved and even had the role named after him.

excuse me, but I prefer calm positioning instead of a headless chicken like Tiote.

excuse me, but I prefer calm positioning instead of a headless chicken like Tiote.

Tiote? What has he got to do with anything?

I am talking about work rate, tracking his man, manouvering into position. I'll say again, Recently that hasn't been good enough IMO.

I actually like Mikel and am not one of the "extreme haters", but simply think he is underperforming a lot in recent weeks and has recently seemed uninterested when playing... However, that comparison is absurd. Lampard is one of the greatest of all time in his position. Mikel is not.

God forbid we express our opinions. Yes, I would love to be proved wrong (in terms of him not being good enough), but he'll really have to up his performances/attitude for that to happen. What's with the condescending attitude?

geez, you bunch can really take a man away from studying. I'm not patronizing, but it's getting boring when somebody posts a very insightful piece on Mikel and people come up with "HE'S BORING SHIT, NOT GIVING A SHIT, NOT RUNNING, CAN'T SCORE A GOAL TO SAVE HIS LIFE, SHOULD'VE BEEN SOLD YEARS AGO, WHY IS HE IN THE SQUAD, GIVE ME TIOTE, YADDAYADDAYADDA".

I'm not comparing Lamps to Mikel, all I'm saying is that managers are people who were trained to recognize talent and see those players every day. They know how they think, what they give and what tasks they have to fulfill. So far many managers chose Mikel which seems that they appreciate his work. If not, they would've bought some other player for his role. NOW THAT WEST HAM FAN COMES UP WITH HIS "LAMPS'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH" y'know what'm sayin?

people like flashy, that's why Mikel or even Cech don't get the praise they deserve. you would have to play football at the same position of Mikel and have similar duties to understand what is demanded of him. after every game people who do the hard work don't get the credit they should because "it's their job and they're solid at it". people wank over goals and tricks and don't appreciate good ol' labour.

Oh the old 'you don't understand what Mikel does' bullshit.

Was Makelele flashy? And since when does Cech not get praised? He's considered by most to be one of the best goalkeepers in the world - what more could you want?

It's massively insulting for you to imply that Chelsea supporters who turn up week-in and week-out aren't capable of understanding the role Mikel plays and his effectiveness in it.

btw. whatever you guys say Mikel has been a constant performer in our team under many managers. your opinion is as valid as that of this west ham fan who said Lampsy's not good enough.

He's been a constant presence under all these managers who were fired for under-performing? Well woop-de-fucking-do.

John O'Shea had about 300 appearances for Man United. Park Ji Sung had 200. Bosingwa started (and won) a Champions League Final. Just being present isn't a sure sign of one's ability or level of performance.

Tiote? What has he got to do with anything?

I am talking about work rate, tracking his man, manouvering into position. I'll say again, Recently that hasn't been good enough IMO.

it was discussed that Tiote would be a much better option because he actually runs and tackles, that's why I said I rather player who knows how to position himself instead of running like a headless chicken after every player. (another example of great positioning is Terry)

John O'Shea had about 300 appearances for Man United. Park Ji Sung had 200. Bosingwa started (and won) a Champions League Final. Just being present isn't a sure sign of one's ability or level of performance.

Mikel is far more talented than all three.

it was discussed that Tiote would be a much better option because he actually runs and tackles, that's why I said I rather player who knows how to position himself instead of running like a headless chicken after every player. (another example of great positioning is Terry)

Yeah. I would rather have someone Solid in there than a headless chicken.

JT gives his all. He has made some mistakes this season, and some people may argue he is not good enough etc, but no one would critisise his effort and commitment. You know, he will give 100% every game for the club. I don't think the same applies to Mikel.

For what its worth, i am not too bothered about Tiote either. He was a "flavour of the month" at one point, but i think there are plenty of better DM's out there.

Oh the old 'you don't understand what Mikel does' bullshit.

Was Makelele flashy? And since when does Cech not get praised? He's considered by most to be one of the best goalkeepers in the world - what more could you want?

It's massively insulting for you to imply that Chelsea supporters who turn up week-in and week-out aren't capable of understanding the role Mikel plays and his effectiveness in it.

He's been a constant presence under all these managers who were fired for under-performing? Well woop-de-fucking-do.

Makelele was a special player. He was abused constantly while in Real. Can't remember last time Cech was chosen MOTM when he saves our asses almost every game.

Just because a huge group thinks alike doesn't mean they're right.

Under-performing? I can think of few managers who could've stayed longer if it wasn't for the irrational decisions made by people in charge.

I dislike O'Shea so will not comment on him, but Park Ji Sung had been praised for his hard work just as Kuyt for Liverpool. They did what was expected of them.

Do you even remember that final and why Bosingwa had to start? Do you remember games when Bosingwa benched better players? Because I recall he was just a squad player used when needed.

Mikel is far more talented than all three.

O'Shea and Park weren't picked just because of what they could do with a football - they were picked because they were dependable, hard-working pros who could be relied upon to put in a shift.

I don't hate Mikel. I just find him to be the most frustrating player we're ever had because he has EVERYTHING. He's got the physical tools to dominate. He's got a great eye for a pass. He's good in the air. He's actually got a really good shot on him.

He isn't Jody Morris in blackface. There's a reason the two best teams in England were fighting over him.

It's the intangibles I still have doubts about. The same thing is starting to crop up about Josh too. You can have all the skill in the world but it's the intangibles, the player's personality which determines how much of that talent ends up on the pitch.

I LOVE MIKEL DEBATES!!!!!!! :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

I'm hoping that he'll show us all tomorrow if he starts. United have played to his strengths in our last couple of games so it's set up for him.

And we haven't lost a single game Ross Turnbull have played in this season. Let's get rid of Cech :clown:

Yet It's you who always brings stats into the debate about his 90 percent pass completion, you know those passes what constantly go back to the keeper?

Your arguement their doesn't even make any sense, the persons opinion you where quoting is clearly more valuble, he's proven the consistency of how many games we've won without him then can't win when he's their. Then you bring Ross Turnbull into it, who has played like one or two games? No not even a fair comparrison at all.

Yeah. I would rather have someone Solid in there than a headless chicken.

JT gives his all. He has made some mistakes this season, and some people may argue he is not good enough etc, but no one would critisise his effort and commitment. You know, he will give 100% every game for the club. I don't think the same applies to Mikel.

For what its worth, i am not too bothered about Tiote either. He was a "flavour of the month" at one point, but i think there are plenty of better DM's out there.

some players are more passionate about the game and some treat it as work. Drogba gave fuck all under AVB and somehow he skipped the criticism. If you want a sign of commitment just try to remember that he played when his father was held hostage and the manager gave him a green light to rest.

people like flashy, that's why Mikel or even Cech don't get the praise they deserve. you would have to play football at the same position of Mikel and have similar duties to understand what is demanded of him. after every game people who do the hard work don't get the credit they should because "it's their job and they're solid at it". people wank over goals and tricks and don't appreciate good ol' labour.

but his hard labour consists of strolling back when our defence is under attack. proper cdm's would risk their life to stop the oppisition scoring. he rarely shows that level of work rate. the fact is mikel wins a low amount of tackles compared to other defensive midfielders. same on average as oscar i think.

It's the intangibles I still have doubts about. The same thing is starting to crop up about Josh too. You can have all the skill in the world but it's the intangibles, the player's personality which determines how much of that talent ends up on the pitch.

Fair enough, can't disagree. You watch Mikel play for Nigeria (granted against poorer opposition, but still) and everything goes through him. These intangibles can be fixed though - one thing I am looking forward to if Mourinho does return is a fully, pushed, motivated Mikel.

Who decided to deploy Mikel as a defensive midfielder? Was it Mourinho? I can't remember. Hopefully he'll have the lock to him if he returns.

I wonder how Sir Alex Ferguson would have used him, I really do.

some players are more passionate about the game and some treat it as work. Drogba gave fuck all under AVB and somehow he skipped the criticism. If you want a sign of commitment just try to remember that he played when his father was held hostage and the manager gave him a green light to rest.

All i am saying is at times, especially recently he has been underperforming imo. That's all. I don't think he is shit. Right now i think there are better options but that doesn't mean i think we should throw him aside.

Was that Drogba playing with Malaria? Was that the one who gave fuck all? Can't quite remember :)

Mikel needs a fire up his arse and quick :)

Tomorrow he can prove his mantle :)

If he has a blinder I will be man enough to say well done son - but one swallow doesn't mean a summer :)