Mikel John Obi

Badboy

He was one of the best strikers in the world

But he isn't currently, is he? Neither is Gomez. Gomez is, rather ironically, just like a clone of Mikel but with decent finishing.

Mikel is a sub under Benitez and will continue to be a sub when Mourinho comes, y'all can't do anything about it.

Ba's also a sub and Torres is a starter under Benitez. So...?

Funny thing Mourinho was the man who wanted Mikel at Chelsea, and even wanted him to become a DM. But yeah, you surely know what you're talking about...

To be honest, I haven't really had a problem with Mikel until this season, mainly due to his bad performances and piss poor attitude. And yes, this club doesn't give a fuck about our opinions. This is the same club that sacked Mourinho, Carlo, RDM, and appointed Benitez, so what's your point?

My point is Mikel will spend the rest of his career and will become legend here. Deal with it.

Funny thing Mourinho was the man who wanted Mikel at Chelsea, and even wanted him to become a DM. But yeah, you surely know what you're talking about...

Funny thing that Mourinho tried him at Chelsea but didn't even bother to get him to Inter nor Real. He must really think Mikel is a superb player!

Mikel's going through a very rough patch at the moment so it's easy for people to slate him, after all, people were doing the exact same with Luiz, they used to ridicule him from here to the sun, and look now. He's still a good player in my books. I've seen people now say because Essien has had a few decent games (at RB) that they'd rather have Essien at DM than Mikel which I think is bollocks tbh. I love Michael but it just shows the fickle nature of our fans, and football fans in general - the grass is always greener on the other side right? A few weeks of bad performances won't completely change my opinion on him, he's still got a lot to give to the squad. Mikel has the top performances in his locker, as we saw at the end of last season and the very start of this one, and he has shown a few flashes e.g. when he came on against United.

It's very easy for people to say Luiz>Mikel because Luiz has that adventurous, attacking side to him - they're different types of players. People have always rated a player who can score goals above one that doesn't. I still think Mikel is the better DM with the right partner but then again, that depends on what you look for in a DM. What I look for in a DM is someone that can provide a platform for the rest of the team to express themselves - Mikel at his best does this brilliantly. Luiz's performances in midfield are being overhyped because he's scored a few goals from that position (even though he has done the same at CB). His general performances have mostly been average there.

Mikel could flourish under Mourinho as well, after all it was Mourinho who reverted him to that DM role. He's still a great asset to the squad IMO. Grill me if you want but I stand by that until I see anything else to suggest that I should change my opinion, which I haven't.

You're literally the only person I've ever heard suggest that. You say some interesting things elsewhere but when it comes to Mikel, you're so far out on your own that it's amazing. You would like this guy captaining this club....following in the footsteps of so many greats, so many legends, so many men. Wow.

What can I say? I'm a pioneer! :D

You can aim personal insults at Mikel all you want, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't give a fuck, so I'd save my breathe if I were you..

ugh mikel is so lame. lethargic , one dimensional , lazy , boring , crappy , inadequate.

seriously i would play romeu over him next season. just buy a real CDM ffs.

Funny thing that Mourinho tried him at Chelsea but didn't even bother to get him to Inter nor Real. He must really think Mikel is a superb player!

Then again, Carvalho was the only Chelsea player Mourinho brought to Real. Guess by that logic Drogba, Lamps, Terry, Cech, Cole etc. shouldn't be, in some cases shouldn't have been, starters as well at Chelsea.

I've discussed this with many users on here and neither side is likely to change their mind, so I'm sorry but I won't reply anymore because I have studying to do..

Amen (for what finals are worth for).

Then again, Carvalho was the only Chelsea player Mourinho brought to Real. Guess by that logic Drogba, Lamps, Terry, Cech, Cole etc. shouldn't be, in some cases shouldn't have been, starters as well at Chelsea.

LOL, if you believe in what you just said, you are not living in reality!

Mikel is a player (just like Khedira or Xabi Alonso) that if Mourinho wanted in his new teams, he would have gone for it. First because DM is not that expensive of a position and second because Mikel is not a key irreplaceable player for Chelsea...

I am not in the group that thinks Mikel is useless or a cunt or whatever (you can check that throughout my discussions in this thread), but I am of the opinion who think he doesnt give 100% all the time and who think he doesnt have the necessary quality and talent to be the absolute number one option. If he isn't expensive, I would keep him as a substitute, but we do need to find a new DM (Chalobah could be the one, but he still needs a bit of time to mature and gain experience).

The weirdest of it is that we are doing much better without him than we were with him!

people like flashy, that's why Mikel or even Cech don't get the praise they deserve. you would have to play football at the same position of Mikel and have similar duties to understand what is demanded of him. after every game people who do the hard work don't get the credit they should because "it's their job and they're solid at it". people wank over goals and tricks and don't appreciate good ol' labour.

btw. whatever you guys say Mikel has been a constant performer in our team under many managers. your opinion is as valid as that of this west ham fan who said Lampsy's not good enough.

people like flashy, that's why Mikel or even Cech don't get the praise they deserve. you would have to play football at the same position of Mikel and have similar duties to understand what is demanded of him. after every game people who do the hard work don't get the credit they should because "it's their job and they're solid at it". people wank over goals and tricks and don't appreciate good ol' labour.

Not necessarily... People like effort, and players who give their all for their club. Recently Mikel hasn't looked like that sort of player. Makele for example wasn't very flashy yet he was loved and even had the role named after him.

btw. whatever you guys say Mikel has been a constant performer in our team under many managers. your opinion is as valid as that of this west ham fan who said Lampsy's not good enough.

God forbid we express our opinions. Yes, I would love to be proved wrong (in terms of him not being good enough), but he'll really have to up his performances/attitude for that to happen. What's with the condescending attitude?