Badboy

john obi mikel average tackles per game - 2.3

lars bender - 4.5

sandro - 3.4

sven bender - 3.7

ramires - 3.6

lucas levia - 4.7

oscar - 2.3

why dont we buy a top cdm then judge mikel. im sure once we have a new one no-one will miss mikel

DAVID LUIZ. Does that ring a bell?

You're going too far with the Luiz situation, not that many people slated him, I've heard much worse from the likes of Torres, Lukaku & Mikel.

Just because you shown that same faith in Luiz and you want to be the person who was 'I WAS THE ONE WHO SUPPORTED HIM WHEN ALL YOU GUYS SAID HE WAS SHIT' guy doesn't mean it's going to work for Mikel. Mikel is a completely different situation, he's been like this for ages, Luiz is only starting to come into it now, and only had one poor season. Mikel has still not improved and that's very bad, he isn't doing himself any favours either with his poor performances of late.

Oh and as for Choulo you should really just give up and admit you're wrong, I did with Hazard or are you just that stubborn you want to keep deluding yourself that Mikel is one of the best DM's in the league?.

Yet It's you who always brings stats into the debate about his 90 percent pass completion, you know those passes what constantly go back to the keeper?

Your arguement their doesn't even make any sense, the persons opinion you where quoting is clearly more valuble, he's proven the consistency of how many games we've won without him then can't win when he's their. Then you bring Ross Turnbull into it, who has played like one or two games? No not even a fair comparrison at all.

You obviously missed my point: Teams often have a better win percentage without their key men because, injuries aside, you only rest your key players in games against 'weaker' opposition.

Was that Drogba playing with Malaria? Was that the one who gave fuck all? Can't quite remember :)

Mikel needs a fire up his arse and quick :)

Tomorrow he can prove his mantle :)

If he has a blinder I will be man enough to say well done son - but one swallow doesn't mean a summer :)

Was that Drogba who was fine after the treatment who we tried to justify only because he was sick few months before? If you don't know what I'm talking about watch the games against Fulham or Marseille where he was hardly running.

anyway, thanks for discussion lads, going back to books. love :heart:

God forbid we express our opinions. Yes, I would love to be proved wrong (in terms of him not being good enough), but he'll really have to up his performances/attitude for that to happen. What's with the condescending attitude?

He's always like that, that's why I ignore him, how he has never been in trouble with the staff I never know.

He's always like that, that's why I ignore him, how he has never been in trouble with the staff I never know.

how you are still on this forum i'll never know after abusing majority of the members and coming up with fake stories. carry on, wanker.

Oh the old 'you don't understand what Mikel does' bullshit.

Was Makelele flashy? And since when does Cech not get praised? He's considered by most to be one of the best goalkeepers in the world - what more could you want?

It's massively insulting for you to imply that Chelsea supporters who turn up week-in and week-out aren't capable of understanding the role Mikel plays and his effectiveness in it.

He's been a constant presence under all these managers who were fired for under-performing? Well woop-de-fucking-do.

John O'Shea had about 300 appearances for Man United. Park Ji Sung had 200. Bosingwa started (and won) a Champions League Final. Just being present isn't a sure sign of one's ability or level of performance.

Bravo, I can now see why you're getting so many votes in member of the month.

NOW THAT WEST HAM FAN COMES UP WITH HIS "LAMPS'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH" y'know what'm sayin?

The difference between us and the West Ham fan is that that particular fan was judging Lamps on just a handful of games. We've seen Mikel for 5/6 years, so both incidents can't really be compared. Whatever, this discussion could go on for forever, so it's better to just end here.

john obi mikel average tackles per game - 2.3

lars bender - 4.5

sandro - 3.4

sven bender - 3.7

ramires - 3.6

lucas levia - 4.7

oscar - 2.3

why dont we buy a top cdm then judge mikel. im sure once we have a new one no-one will miss mikel

This proves how defensively lazy he is. He has the same amout of tackles as an AM. That's horrible in my humble opinion.

Even DLP's will have better tackles than that and mikel doesn't offer any thing foward for that matter.

David luiz is already even better than mikel in the pivot. He stamps his prescence into teams when he is there just like how ballack used to do but mikel always seems to just pass through the game.

We are not saying mikel should go to the strikers position and score, but we are asking for more determination to collect and intercept balls from opponents, we are asking for more heart in his tackles.

Mikel is rated 6.82/10 in the pivot

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/15464

While david luiz is rated 7.93/10 in the same pivot

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/27586

I would have loved luiz in there till the end of the season if he wasn't our best center back too.

Mikel doesn't tackle, he doesn't have speed, he doesn't offer half of luiz and ramires energy, he only offers accurate passes to ivanovic and azpi.

People are giving excuses that they love a calm DM that doesn't enter too much tackles and they still say that makalele was our best DM?

That is just :sy: :fainthv9:

John Obi Mikel's Characteristics

+ Strengths
Passing
Very Strong
Aerial Duels
Strong
Concentration
Strong
- Weaknesses (Player has no significant weaknesses)
John Obi Mikel's Style of Play
  • Likes to shoot from distance

How do they see his passing as very strong ,I have never seen him play a great pass,aerial duels -for someone who is 6ft 3 he is very poor in the air and his concentration lapses all the time in the way he fails to spot players who run off of him and tends to ball watch. And as for shooting from distance ,he tends to miss by a distance as well .

+ Strengths
Passing
Very Strong
Aerial Duels
Strong
Concentration
Strong
- Weaknesses (Player has no significant weaknesses)

How do they see his passing as very strong ,I have never seen him play a great pass,aerial duels -for someone who is 6ft 3 he is very poor in the air and his concentration lapses all the time in the way he fails to spot players who run off of him and tends to ball watch. And as for shooting from distance ,he tends to miss by a distance as well .

these strengths and weaknesses from Who scored are a joke. They are never complete and usually wrong. How is long shots not one of Mikel's weaknesses?

+ Strengths

Passing

Very Strong

Aerial Duels

Strong

Concentration

Strong

- Weaknesses

(Player has no significant weaknesses)

His passing is strong statistically because he only passes to the back four. So a high passing accuracy because he never tries to give a long foward pass.

He likes to shoot from distance but its not his strength bcos he's poor too from there.

these strengths and weaknesses from Who scored are a joke. They are never complete and usually wrong. How is long shots not one of Mikel's weaknesses?

They're not really wrong but they normally put only major weaknesses that's why it seems they are never complete. But I see what you mean.

This proves how defensively lazy he is. He has the same amout of tackles as an AM. That's horrible in my humble opinion.

Even DLP's will have better tackles than that and mikel doesn't offer any thing foward for that matter.

David luiz is already even better than mikel in the pivot. He stamps his prescence into teams when he is there just like how ballack used to do but mikel always seems to just pass through the game.

We are not saying mikel should go to the strikers position and score, but we are asking for more determination to collect and intercept balls from opponents, we are asking for more heart in his tackles.

Mikel is rated 6.82/10 in the pivot

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/15464

While david luiz is rated 7.93/10 in the same pivot

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/27586

I would have loved luiz in there till the end of the season if he wasn't our best center back too.

Mikel doesn't tackle, he doesn't have speed, he doesn't offer half of luiz and ramires energy, he only offers accurate passes to ivanovic and azpi.

People are giving excuses that they love a calm DM that doesn't enter too much tackles and they still say that makalele was our best DM?

That is just :sy: :fainthv9:

Luiz has much more score because hes scored goals. WhoScored ratings aren't very realistic. If Mikel scored 3 or 4 goals in about a week but did nothing else he'd end up with a WhoScored rating of about the same as Luiz got likely.

I'm not saying Mikels been good recently or that but the WhoScored ratings are weird because if your defender was to say score 2 goals but fuck up for a goal in the same match he'd end up with a reasonable score because he scored twice.

Mikel is shit, no need to read 117 pages to understand that, he is shit shit and shit.No argument no need to develop, he is mainly shit since he is playing for us, we need a defensive midfielder next season.

Why all this hate? This so called 'shit shit and shit" player helped Chelsea win its first Champions league and numerous other titles including hopefully an Europa league title to. Mikel has his good and bad days like all the other players including Mata, Hazard, Lampard and Luiz but I dont see them being described as 'shit' players. First it was Kalou, and now that he is gone Mikel seems to be the new fall guy!!!!!!!

Why all this hate? This so called 'shit shit and shit" player helped Chelsea win its first Champions league and numerous other titles including hopefully an Europa league title to. Mikel has his good and bad days like all the other players including Mata, Hazard, Lampard and Luiz but I dont see them being described as 'shit' players. First it was Kalou, and now that he is gone Mikel seems to be the new fall guy!!!!!!!

I like your response, you are a true supporter and I perfectly understood your point, but I dont hate Obi, the only player I hate in the squad is Torres.Since i'm a supporter, there is only Torres who I really dislike, Mikel is probably a good person and isnt harming the squad but I'll give you an example so you'll understand : I'm shit when I play football with my best friends, I know i'm shit, and I know that if I'm replaced with X or Y he'll do better, so basically when my team-mates tells me you're not good, I accept the fact that i'm not good, and try my best to be better, but in the case of John Obi Mikel, he is shit, but he isn't realizing that, so, he'll continue to earn money and being shit, mediocrity isnt acceptable at CFC, not now anymore.

Luiz has much more score because hes scored goals. WhoScored ratings aren't very realistic. If Mikel scored 3 or 4 goals in about a week but did nothing else he'd end up with a WhoScored rating of about the same as Luiz got likely.

I'm not saying Mikels been good recently or that but the WhoScored ratings are weird because if your defender was to say score 2 goals but fuck up for a goal in the same match he'd end up with a reasonable score because he scored twice.

I know whoscored ratings are not perfect but, we could see by watching how much better luiz is than mikel, especially against smaller teams.

David luiz was always among the top three tacklers in those games. Mikel never makes half the amount of tackles luiz does there and he also doesn't give any key passes like luiz does, and he never could contribute goal wise.

So I can't see where exactly mikel rates better except passing accuracy to back four.