Mikel John Obi

Badboy

I know whoscored ratings are not perfect but, we could see by watching how much better luiz is than mikel, especially against smaller teams.

David luiz was always among the top three tacklers in those games. Mikel never makes half the amount of tackles luiz does there and he also doesn't give any key passes like luiz does, and he never could contribute goal wise.

So I can't see where exactly mikel rates better except passing accuracy to back four.

I'll be honest here, 5/10 times Luiz's long passes when hes playing DM work. He could play today and be absolute shit. Hes still very much unproven as a holding MF player.

Another game with a win and a clean sheet without 'Marmite Mikel'! Ummm getting a bit of habit this.............

Anyway let's see what the future holds for him if Jose returns, I would be stunned if he is first choice but if he is indeed selected, ups his game (which shouldn't be hard!) finally gets some consistency & I'm not talking about a couple of months, I would like to see him perform to a high standard throughout the whole season & take it into the next before I get off his back.

Probably all academic anyway as I just can't see Mikel in jose's starting 11, I'm not hoping I'm wrong either but like many decisions for next season - its going to get interesting..........

Another game with a win and a clean sheet without 'Marmite Mikel'! Ummm getting a bit of habit this.............

Anyway let's see what the future holds for him if Jose returns, I would be stunned if he is first choice but if he is indeed selected, ups his game (which shouldn't be hard!) finally gets some consistency & I'm not talking about a couple of months, I would like to see him perform to a high standard throughout the whole season & take it into the next before I get off his back.

Probably all academic anyway as I just can't see Mikel in jose's starting 11, I'm not hoping I'm wrong either but like many decisions for next season - its going to get interesting..........

Since Mikel's return from African's Nations Cup, he has started 9 games for us. We have won 3, drawn 2 and lost 4 of them.

In the 14 games during this period when Mikel did not start, we have won 12, drawn 1 and lost 1. The one we drew, he played as a sub for 38 minutes and the one we lost, he came on after 60 minutes when we were leading 2-1 and ended up losing 3-2.

Since Mikel's return from African's Nations Cup, he has started 9 games for us. We have won 3, drawn 2 and lost 4 of them.

In the 14 games during this period when Mikel did not start, we have won 12, drawn 1 and lost 1. The one we drew, he played as a sub for 38 minutes and the one we lost, he came on after 60 minutes when we were leading 2-1 and ended up losing 3-2.

Didn't know that but thanks for the info - I rest my case! :-)

Let us not mention that we were losing in the one we drew 2-0 before he came on shall we...

Let us blame all of our bad performances on Mikel. After all, us Chelsea fans always need a scapegoat...

Let us not mention that we were losing in the one we drew 2-0 before he came on shall we...

Let us blame all of our bad performances on Mikel. After all, us Chelsea fans always need a scapegoat...

Oh the 2 - 2 draw at Old Trafford where Hazard was brilliant after coming on, wasn't just down to Mikel....

Not sure where he is blaming Mikel but focusing more on his recent poor individual form 'from the African Nations Cup'

Oh the 2 - 2 draw at Old Trafford where Hazard was brilliant after coming on, wasn't just down to Mikel....

Not sure where he is blaming Mikel but focusing more on his recent poor individual form 'from the African Nations Cup'

I didn't say it was solely down to Mikel, didn't even mention in that post that it was due to Mikel we drew. What I'm trying to say is that if you're going to state facts don't try to put a negative spin on them.

I agree Mikel's been in poor form since the ACON but then again you can't solely push the blame on him for our poor performances - I'm not saying that you are, you've made fair points on Mikel, but certainly a few people on here do so.

I didn't say it was solely down to Mikel, didn't even mention in that post that it was due to Mikel we drew. What I'm trying to say is that if you're going to state facts don't try to put a negative spin on them.

I agree Mikel's been in poor form since the ACON but then again you can't solely push the blame on him for our poor performances - I'm not saying that you are, you've made fair points on Mikel, but certainly a few people on here do so.

Fair comment, there is no doubt that other players have contributed to those defeats & draws & with respect there are others that can see no wrong in Mikel at times, I very much doubt that even Obi is happy with his form since February & I think this is what he was alluding too.

when i see Javi Martinez or Gundogan playing, the amount of work and effort they put in the game

and compare it to Mikel

i understand why they're in the CL final and we're in the Europa League (or atleast that's one of the many reasons, i'm not saying it's entirely Mikel's fault)

Is he still injured?with the amount of games we have had recently it seems strange that he appears to be not part of the team even with the rotation going on ,is it me or does it seem we lose a lot when he is in the team and win when he is not? I thought I heard the waiter say he was fit now ,if Mikel does not get the call to play on Weds he will have been well and truely dropped and he can have no complaints .

Mikel can't be a starter unfortunately. He is average defensively and poor offensively. Doesn't really provide much of anything and hasn't really been missed. The Mikel and Lampard combination has been such a terrible idea and yet the club persisted with it for so long. More so than anything it has been responsible for a lot of insipid football.