Mikel John Obi

Badboy

Actually there's nothing wrong with what he said. I mean, do you want him to say "Yay, it's a dream come true to play in the EL!"? He's aiming for bigger things than fucking EL and that, if anything, is the only and right attitude. He knows where Chelsea belongs and wants us to play there again. It's called "ambition". Jeez...

Also, where does the author of the article get the "Chelsea's Mikel John Obi believes Champions League qualification is more important than winning the Europa League." phrase from?!

He still has to wear that shirt and represent us fans - isn't that a big enough honour?

Did you see his performance in that match? He was an utter disgrace to this club.

WTF? Micky was one of our best performers fact.. I've slated him but this proves me right again.

he was horrendous in the second half... but not as horrendous as Bana, Azpi, Bertrand, Luiz, Oscar and Torres, so where is he the worst on the pitch?

he at least tried to do something but we got fucked hard 2nd half after studge came on.

Actually there's nothing wrong with what he said. I mean, do you want him to say "Yay, it's a dream come true to play in the EL!"? He's aiming for bigger things than fucking EL and that, if anything, is the only and right attitude. He knows where Chelsea belongs and wants us to play there again. It's called "ambition". Jeez...

Also, where does the author of the article get the "Chelsea's Mikel John Obi believes Champions League qualification is more important than winning the Europa League." phrase from?!

Look, you simply don't say things like that as a player. You can spout crap as much as you want once you're retired, but what you say affects your team. For example if I was a player and actually wanted to win it or at least give my everything, then I would feel disheartened if I had to play with someone who publicy admits he doesn't care. In the back of my mind I will always hesitate to pass him the ball because I can't count on him to do the best he can with it. I wouldn't feel confident with him protecting the defense.

Also, does he want to be benched? Because I'm not sure any manager likes to hear things like that. It doesn't show ambition, it shows he has an attitude problem. What you say to the press should be something that won't taint the image of your club and won't compromise the confidence of your team, he can be 'ambitious' quietly.

Wait.....so asking you if you watched a match that you're giving an opinion of is 'unfair'?? I asked you because I wasn't sure if you watched the match.

As for logic, we're talking about football. Logic has it's place but there's no definitive measure of whether a player is good enough (sorry to all those people who put so much faith in stats). I have faith in my opinion and I'm quite happy to back-up my points.

I'm also man enough to admit when I'm wrong.

Luiz didn't have a horrible game. He probably should've done better with the Suarez goal but I don't think you're prepared to countenance the possibility of the midfield having a detrimental effect on our team's performance. I've criticised Ramires, Mikel and Lamps for poor performances there and in every game this season that we've lost, it's been a factor.

Well done for watching the game twice though.

The problem is your definition of a bad game for Mikel is seemingly worlds away from what most Chelsea fans think.

I honestly think you should stop talking about him because the crap you spout about him actually makes him a more loathsome character. Mikel wouldn't be nearly such an annoyance if he didn't have people defending him from criticism. It's like when backstreet defends Torres or Rupert defends Rafa - it's unnecessary and contrarian for the sake of it.

so what you wanna say?

what about you start getting honest yourself?

He still has to wear that shirt and represent us fans - isn't that a big enough honour?

Did you see his performance in that match? He was an utter disgrace to this club.

How does having ambitions exclude being honored to wear the blue shirt? And where does he say that he isn't honored enough if he isn't playing CL football? All he said was that he wants Chelsea to be in the CL again and not in the EL next season. No more, no less.

Can you please specify which game you're referring to?

How does having ambitions exclude being honored to wear the blue shirt? And where does he say that he isn't honored enough if he isn't playing CL football? All he said was that he wants Chelsea to be in the CL again and not in the EL next season. No more, no less.

problem is we wont be in the cl again with this mule protecting our defense

Could any one please tell, What the fuck Mikel was doing with Suarez? Like seriously? IIRC he has a very limited role? doesnt he? Oh and that henderson cunt was roaming freely everywhere, so was Gerrard in the second half.

does he even has a role or he's instructed to fucking do what he wanna do lol ?

The Rubin Kazan game...ya know, the Europa League one that he made the comments before. :rolleyes:

Look, you simply don't say things like that as a player. You can spout crap as much as you want once you're retired, but what you say affects your team. For example if I was a player and actually wanted to win it or at least give my everything, then I would feel disheartened if I had to play with someone who publicy admits he doesn't care. In the back of my mind I will always hesitate to pass him the ball because I can't count on him to do the best he can with it. I wouldn't feel confident with him protecting the defense.

Also, does he want to be benched? Because I'm not sure any manager likes to hear things like that. It doesn't show ambition, it shows he has an attitude problem. What you say to the press should be something that won't taint the image of your club and won't compromise the confidence of your team, he can be 'ambitious' quietly.

You're putting words in his mouth he hasn't said. Where did he ever state he didn't care about the EL? All he said was

"I think for us and the fans, Champions League football is what this club has always been involved in and that is what we as players want to achieve," he said. "We want to be in the top four, top three, whatever. We want to be in the Champions League next season."

"No disrespect to the Europa League but, when you saw that game on Thursday," he said, "it was a bit of a ... it's not ... when you get that buzz and you hear the Champions League song, it's different. We have been used to those special nights and we want to get them back. We want to be involved again in the Champions League next season. I don't even know the Europa League song. I have been here seven years and I have never played football on Thursday nights.

"It has been kind of frustrating to watch the Champions League. And we have to then play on Thursday night. What do they say? 'Thursday nights, Channel 5?' Hopefully next season we are not going to be in it. We are going to be prime time."

and that's it. I don't get what's so wrong with this statement. Every player on our roster wants to play in the CL again (especially those who have been wearing our shirt for years, like Mikel for example), he's just the one who publically admitted it.

It's so easy to interpret stuff, really. And this time the article isn't even DailyFail level aka "We'll take one simple quote of a player and build some lies around to make the article sound controversial".

I don't want to get into a debate about the horrible game Luiz played yesterday, but I think it is quite clear that the better option yesterday was the composed short passing. I watched the game (twice as a matter of fact) and, again, I though Mikel was very good for reasons I've already stated twice.

then do you recall - very late in the game where Mikel twice launched the ball downfield than keep possession? At the time of watching it, I was so frustrated that we were not keeping the ball and then Mikel of all people goes and belts the ball straight to Reina from the half-way line. It is more like the exception than the rule itself but that was not very wise from Mikel.

then do you recall - very late in the game where Mikel twice launched the ball downfield than keep possession? At the time of watching it, I was so frustrated that we were not keeping the ball and then Mikel of all people goes and belts the ball straight to Reina from the half-way line. It is more like the exception than the rule itself but that was not very wise from Mikel.

you never played football did you?

It's common sense in football as defensive player you have to get the ball out of you're field in what ever circumstances you have to get the ball out of there, and if there is no one especially in the DIEING mins of a game you have to get the ball away, he just kept it simple... and there is nothing wrong with that, i

I remember one of them. Anyway, Rafa screwed us completely at the end; we sat too deep and invited Liverpool. There really wasn't any passing options because everyone was behind the ball and Mikel was just looking to relieve the pressure. Rafa's done this numerous time and more often than not we pay for it like against Southampton, Reading..etc

You're putting words in his mouth he hasn't said. Where did he ever state he didn't care about the EL? All he said was

and that's it. I don't get what's so wrong with this statement. Every player on our roster wants to play in the CL again (especially those who have been wearing our shirt for years, like Mikel for example), he's just the one who publically admitted it.

It's so easy to interpret stuff, really. And this time the article isn't even DailyFail level aka "We'll take one simple quote of a player and build some lies around to make the article sound controversial".

People like to shit on Mikel. What else is new?

Oh, funny thing is there were at least 5 other players who were worse than him but whatever. What would you call them?

Really? Marin was terrible, and needs selling. Who are the other 4?

People like to shit on Mikel. What else is new?

People making one sentence statements and being able to actually have a proper discussion. Oh, there you are.