Mikel John Obi

Badboy

I went ballistic when I saw him grabbing the trophy along with JT & lamps, made me cringe, just reminded me of last year with Bosingwa & Kalou - let's hope he follows the same path..............

Made more fucking effort trying to get his mits on that trophy then he did picking up his marking assignment in the away leg against Rubin Kazan. :wank2:

Didn't look like he struggled to get up for this Europa League match.

Looking through some of the old pages at the start of the year, and I was right about Mikel from the very start.

Mikel dissapointed me since last season, and I don't think there is a way for him to just somehow break into the team and start playing great all of a sudden.

People where saying he's stepping up his game yet it was clearly obvious that he wasn't... Yeah sure right he has been injured of late, but I think it's clear Benitez doesn't rate him, whenever he can he will always bench Mikel, he has been able to play for the last two games aswell, with Lamps playing a full game against Villa and plays another full game, whilst Mikel is on the bench.

The only arguement the Mikel supporters have and have ever actually had was the fact he's been here for a long time and has been getting played. Yet none of them have ever been able to describe and justify what he does on the pitch, and that's simply because he's limited. The only thing Mikel can be useful for is an additional role, he is not good enough to carry out a role where the whole team depends on him, being in a midfield for two Mikel can't cut it.

Yet none of them have ever been able to describe and justify what he does on the pitch, and that's simply because he's limited. The only thing Mikel can be useful for is an additional role, he is not good enough to carry out a role where the whole team depends on him, being in a midfield for two Mikel can't cut it.

Great, we're back to this again.

There's numerous posts in this entire thread with people giving very good examples of Mikel's role. Especially when compared with Romeu, but they're just ignored and buried under the repetition of trolling/spamming/insults etc.

Personally? I think everyone will change their mind if Mourinho inserts him back into the squad.

Great, we're back to this again.

There's numerous posts in this entire thread with people giving very good examples of Mikel's role. Especially when compared with Romeu, but they're just ignored and buried under the repetition of trolling/spamming/insults etc.

Personally? I think everyone will change their mind if Mourinho inserts him back into the squad.

What like Seb? Sebs analysis on Torres and Mikel wern't even accurate in the slightest mate.

People only used to like them because of all the information, Seb actually convinced people he was a good scout, yet he got most of his predictions wrong. Like trying to convince everyone Edin Dzeko is better than Falcao, Gary Cahill would of been a bad player for us and how John Obi Mikel was vital to the team yet we played better without him.

We countered those arguements more than once, we shown his defesive liabilities when he wasn't getting back to mark in the box, he was always behind the players, we showed countless of GIF's for it. Even his passing sometimes was shocking, like the Juventus game when he gave the game away, had we of won that game I seriously think we would've been in Champions League.

What like Seb? Sebs analysis on Torres and Mikel wern't even accurate in the slightest mate.

People only used to like them because of all the information, Seb actually convinced people he was a good scout, yet he got most of his predictions wrong. Like trying to convince everyone Edin Dzeko is better than Falcao, Gary Cahill would of been a bad player for us and how John Obi Mikel was vital to the team yet we played better without him.

We countered those arguements more than once, we shown his defesive liabilities when he wasn't getting back to mark in the box, he was always behind the players, we showed countless of GIF's for it. Even his passing sometimes was shocking, like the Juventus game when he gave the game away, had we of won that game I seriously think we would've been in Champions League.

Not just SeB. A lot of members have, myself included. If I had the time I'd go through every page of this thread and show you each post that was actually discussing Mikel's positives (regarding football).

Of course Mikel's made mistakes in his time, so has Romeu.. And when Romeu first played he was treated like the second coming. I'm not going to fall-back on statistics and all this - but if people think Luiz is a better DMF then the world is getting cray. All Luiz does is push forward and leave gaps that a lot of good teams would pounce on.

Not just SeB. A lot of members have, myself included. If I had the time I'd go through every page of this thread and show you each post that was actually discussing Mikel's positives (regarding football).

Of course Mikel's made mistakes in his time, so has Romeu.. And when Romeu first played he was treated like the second coming. I'm not going to fall-back on statistics and all this - but if people think Luiz is a better DMF then the world is getting cray. All Luiz does is push forward and leave gaps that a lot of good teams would pounce on.

Because Romeu was a lot better, under AVB Romeu was very good. Mikel has never shown that class, I have never seen Mikel come on and run a game and pretty much make it his, Mikel is a passenger.

And yeah sure I've been too harsh, especially at the start, but I used to act very foolish then and immature. And maybe there is a chance for him in the future, but right now we can't just say he is going to be a starter in the future because sorry it just doesn't look that way at all. Not saying it can't happen, but with his performances this season... yeah.

Also on page 50 you say that Mikel has stepped up this season? yet this season has been his worst season by far, he has been far too inconsistent. Plus do you think it's a coincidence that now mostly everyone agrees that Mikel is not good enough? Just look at this thread it's only Choulo who argues about how good Mikel is.

You can't just say that and point out that we had all these arguements this and that, because I've been arguing in here from day one and I've never seen any good argument on him.

Because Romeu was a lot better, under AVB Romeu was very good. Mikel has never shown that class, I have never seen Mikel come on and run a game and pretty much make it his, Mikel is a passenger.

And yeah sure I've been too harsh, especially at the start, but I used to act very foolish then and immature. And maybe there is a chance for him in the future, but right now we can't just say he is going to be a starter in the future because sorry it just doesn't look that way at all. Not saying it can't happen, but with his performances this season... yeah.

Also on page 50 you say that Mikel has stepped up this season? yet this season has been his worst season by far, he has been far too inconsistent. Plus do you think it's a coincidence that now mostly everyone agrees that Mikel is not good enough? Just look at this thread it's only Choulo who argues about how good Mikel is.

You can't just say that and point out that we had all these arguements this and that, because I've been arguing in here from day one and I've never seen any good argument on him.

He had stepped up, until he was removed from the team, that was Rafa's own tactical decision and fair play to him. But that partnership of Luiz-Lampard has been awful and if Lampard wasn't scoring goals then everyone would see it. This isn't saying Lampard has no place in the team, but he doesn't in central midfield.

The reason Choulo is the only one still arguing, is because the rest of us are tired of repeating ourselves. And every time we try to have an actual debate there's always going to be the one clown who says something like "Mikel is shit" and the thread goes into another meltdown.

If you have the time & patience, please do go through each of the last 119 pages. And this isn't the only thread we've had on Mikel, we've had so many where there have been good discussions but now they're forgotten/locked/deleted. When I have the time I will give it one more attempt to debate with you why Mikel is still an asset for where he plays.

Looking through some of the old pages at the start of the year, and I was right about Mikel from the very start.

Mikel dissapointed me since last season, and I don't think there is a way for him to just somehow break into the team and start playing great all of a sudden.

People where saying he's stepping up his game yet it was clearly obvious that he wasn't... Yeah sure right he has been injured of late, but I think it's clear Benitez doesn't rate him, whenever he can he will always bench Mikel, he has been able to play for the last two games aswell, with Lamps playing a full game against Villa and plays another full game, whilst Mikel is on the bench.

The only arguement the Mikel supporters have and have ever actually had was the fact he's been here for a long time and has been getting played. Yet none of them have ever been able to describe and justify what he does on the pitch, and that's simply because he's limited. The only thing Mikel can be useful for is an additional role, he is not good enough to carry out a role where the whole team depends on him, being in a midfield for two Mikel can't cut it.

You were right on this until you mentioned Tiote some day and got crucified. He went on to have a stinker of a season as well

He had stepped up, until he was removed from the team, that was Rafa's own tactical decision and fair play to him. But that partnership of Luiz-Lampard has been awful and if Lampard wasn't scoring goals then everyone would see it. This isn't saying Lampard has no place in the team, but he doesn't in central midfield.

The reason Choulo is the only one still arguing, is because the rest of us are tired of repeating ourselves. And every time we try to have an actual debate there's always going to be the one clown who says something like "Mikel is shit" and the thread goes into another meltdown.

If you have the time & patience, please do go through each of the last 119 pages. And this isn't the only thread we've had on Mikel, we've had so many where there have been good discussions but now they're forgotten/locked/deleted. When I have the time I will give it one more attempt to debate with you why Mikel is still an asset for where he plays.

Choulo is arguing because he is stubborn and can't admit he is wrong. And he stepped up this season? Well then you're just delusional if you really think that, because when we won games Mikel was just the passenger, he hasn't contributed at all this season.

You were right on this until you mentioned Tiote some day and got crucified. He went on to have a stinker of a season as well

He didn't have a stinker, he was injured for months on end, he's still a cracking player. I wanted him at first and I wanted another DM who has more to his game then Tiote ball winner. Tiote is still a fantastic ball winner, although I rate Sandro a lot more now, he has really stepped up his game.

When people speak of Mikel, they are settling for 'good enough' when we could be so much better with a genuine destroyer in midfield. I cringe at reports of Fernandinho going to City.

this horse has been beaten to death but even after 6-7 years at the club, Mikel has never been considered a part of the spine of the club. Always the afterthought and rightly so

Made more fucking effort trying to get his mits on that trophy then he did picking up his marking assignment in the away leg against Rubin Kazan. :wank2:

Didn't look like he struggled to get up for this Europa League match.

Must of been him that damaged the FA cup - he's used to letting things slip! Yeah talk about things that come back to bite you on the arse!! Then he steps up like he won the trophy himself, more neck than a fucking giraffe.

I went ballistic when I saw him grabbing the trophy along with JT & lamps, made me cringe, just reminded me of last year with Bosingwa & Kalou - let's hope he follows the same path..............

Exactly mate. Considering all that trash talk he had done and then his p!ss poor performances, he should at least have had the courtesy to let the players who actually contributed take the center stage.

We had 5 europa games where Mikel played no part ( neither Starting XI nor sub) and we won all 5 of them (Sparta Prague away, Rubin Kazan home, Basel home, Basel away and Benfica)

He started 3 europa games, we won 1, lost 1 and drew 1

He came on as sub in one game and we went from winning that game 2-1 to losing it 3-2

When people speak of Mikel, they are settling for 'good enough' when we could be so much better with a genuine destroyer in midfield. I cringe at reports of Fernandinho going to City.

this horse has been beaten to death but even after 6-7 years at the club, Mikel has never been considered a part of the spine of the club. Always the afterthought and rightly so

Fernandinho - destroyer? That's a new one.