• Mount
    • Hudson-Odoi
    • Willian
    • Abraham
    • Kovacic (sub)
    • Pulisic (sub)
    • James (sub)

16 minutes ago, Tomo said:

On another note were the Longstaff brothers really made to look that good against United or were the media hying them due to the romance of them playing together?

I thought they were both absolutely terrible today.

Worst combo since Ant and Dec

Buzzing after this hard fought win..we were up against it with half the team injured and right after this untimely international break. We grinded out a result in a match we would have let slip just a few weeks ago. But the team is maturing quickly. Game management again was excellent ater the opener, defending with the ball.

Well that was far more hard fought, than it should have been.

Tammy could have easily have had a hat-trick.

CHO is an absolute GEM. Kovacic was very good too.

JOrginho was my MOTM. What a performance. Just brilliant.

Tomori needs to learn. last 3 games, 3 mistakes. Needs to cut it out. Zouma is going from strength to strength. 

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

On another note were the Longstaff brothers really made to look that good against United or were the media hying them due to the romance of them playing together?

I didn't think they were terrible. They weren't great, but they are two very young midfielders playing in the middle for Newcastle (that was solely focused on parking the bus) against quality players in Jorginho, Kovacic and Mount.

They are both very promising, but they don't have experience to be playing just the two of them against someone like Jorginho.

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

I swear to god Willian effortlessly juked past the ginger one who scored against United about 10 times today. Just literally ran past him like he wasn't there. 😂😂😂

Not gonna slate the lad, though. Pretty huge step up to face us with our style of play and quality compared to McTomi-what's-his-name, Fred, and United's horrific football.

I know it was Newcastle but I'm bullish on this squad.  Still with a bunch of key players injured.  Love this infusion of youth they all just seem so passionate about the results.  Look at Tammy celebrating after the Alonso goal.  Love it...come on you Blues!!!

11 hours ago, Jason said:

Azpi picked up a knock towards the end of the game apparently but nothing serious, according to Lampard. 

Dammit.

Kidding of course. Or am I? :ph34r:

Excellent result. The second half was generally good. Their goalkeeper made some good saves (none of them were as outstanding as people are making it out to be, however...); we hit the bar; missed some golden opportunities and, inexplicably, had a wonder-clearance at the end to deny us the layer of gloss our efforts deserved. However, winning 1-0 feels really, really good - regardless of the opposition, that is two home clean sheets on the bounce and it means we've only conceded three goals in our last five games in all competitions (with one of those three goals being a wonder-volley). The defence is steadily improving, though it hasn't necessarily been the most testing opposition. What I am pleased to see is that, in those five games, we've only conceded ten shots on target in that time. That's a step in the right direction.