• Hazard (sub)
    • Kovacic (sub)

2:1 , 1:1 

Kepa 
Azpilicueta - Christensen - Luiz - Emerson
Jorginho - Kante - Loftus - Cheek
Pedro - Giroud - Hazard

Alonso is keeping his place

We really have no chance to win this in an open match. They are too intense, strong and disciplined. Also they have a coach who actually knows 1 or 2 things about how to set up a team and organizing a defence other than good old Sarri. All we can hope for is that they become reckless, Hazard has a good day and picks them apart like messi did to Pool today. I dont see it but a possibiligy. Frankfurt play a bit similar to liverpool and i can see them dominating the game from minute 1 but they are not always clinical so our chance is to counter attack them. 

1 hour ago, Magic Lamps said:

We really have no chance to win this in an open match. They are too intense, strong and disciplined. Also they have a coach who actually knows 1 or 2 things about how to set up a team and organizing a defence other than good old Sarri. All we can hope for is that they become reckless, Hazard has a good day and picks them apart like messi did to Pool today. I dont see it but a possibiligy. Frankfurt play a bit similar to liverpool and i can see them dominating the game from minute 1 but they are not always clinical so our chance is to counter attack them. 

Liverpool beat Bayern. Tottenham easily beat Dortmund. City hammered Schalke. I'm sure we'll be fine against fourth Bundesliga team. 

It looks like the first eleven picks itself. Rudiger and possibly Willian are out injured. That means Christensen and Pedro will start. Giroud, RLC and Emerson should be rotated in place of Higuain, Kovacic and Alonso.

Not expecting anything amazing here, they will probably have the best of the game whilst we aimlessly watch it pass us by. Stray passes, missed chances and more shake of the head moments.

Can see us getting beat 1-0 or even 2-0 and doing things the hard way like Chelsea do.

14 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Liverpool beat Bayern. Tottenham easily beat Dortmund. City hammered Schalke. I'm sure we'll be fine against fourth Bundesliga team. 

Depends what side turns up. The return leg the other week looked straightforward and was nearly anything but.

If we play like we have some games no reason why they can't get something. And if we play the way we have in others no reason we fant

3 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Should be a walk in the park over two legs. Team with no history & sitting in fourth with dross above them.

Am I right, @Jason:lol:

You must be joking. I honestly consider them favourites home or away, dreading getting drenched, that's how shit we are. 

Don't fucking get me started on this again...

Lol! 

The point seemed to get across eventually.

You must be joking. I honestly consider them favourites home or away, dreading getting drenched, that's how shit we are. 

I had hoped the emoji would have been a give away. We are clearly favourites to win the entire thing and for good reason, but it all comes done to Sarri's managerial ability.

Giroud & RLC better be starting.

10 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

We are clearly favourites to win the entire thing and for good reason

What good reason? I don't see any. Names on paper mean nothing, we are vulnerable even against relegation fodder in the league.

This is probably the game where we will truly see our level. The players got to be super motivated and opponent is good. 

In the league, we are not racing for title and you can see in players they stopped giving 100% big game or small game, the results are obvious.

Here we have chance to win it and the players have to be at their best. No excuses. Opponent is also the best we have yet faced in europa this season.

If we prevail I have some hope for this team, if we lose, we are definately nothing more than average side. 

10 minutes ago, manpe said:

What good reason? I don't see any. Names on paper mean nothing, we are vulnerable even against relegation fodder in the league.

Our pedigree, our know-how in Europe, etc. It's quite easy to see how, but the question mark is actually turning up having had a bye to the semis.