• Hudson-Odoi
    • Morata
    • Willian (sub)
    • Drinkwater (sub)
    • Moses (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)

1 hour ago, Antonio8 said:

they will begin to undestand sarriball, that's a long process guys

I agree it's going to take time to play Sarri-ball we were never going to challenge for the league this season this season is about rebuilding a sarri team that will challenge of the league in the future I'm happy be with the Europa league and 4th spot this season 

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, El P. said:

Sarris tactics this, Sarris tactics that. Mourinho once said - you can't make an omelette with rotten eggs.

"A once manager once said"... Mourinho has a top squad at his disposal and still plays a brand of football even my five year olds can relate to after two training sessions. 

It's preparation matches still and Emerson could well be a starter, too, if Alonso was on the pitch today doesn't mean heis going to make the left full back position his. Same goes for Michy/Giroud. Hazard is going to be back soon, Kante as well, Willian also. 

2 hours ago, Starman60 said:

Yes I agree.........PSG have won it all...Oh no,I forgot they win a mickey mouse league at a canter but do F all in Europe

If you want to challenge the facts that the most valuable teams are those that get trophies, look at the evidences instead of repeadtly insulting me: 

RM: CL.

EDF: WC

MC: PL

That's being said, there might some exemptions but be realistic. Most valuable team won on average. And inded City has a net spend of around 150 every year while we have 50. It is translated on the pitch. Like it or not.

1 hour ago, !Hazard! said:

More like wait till the end of November/December to see some actual results

People acting like 5 year old girls in here. Have patience ffs

the thing is our board don't have patience tho 

Got outplayed from minute one tbh. Strange to say it but Rudiger was the only player who impressed me. Thought he did well. Hudsonn-Odoi can also have his head held high. Was decent enough. Especially playing against Walker, which is no easy task. Just shows that Sarri has a lot to work on but I am still optimistic as other than today, we have looked good and I am confident enough going into the new season, when Hazard and Kante are back. We just played a team who are another level to us right now.

However the two concerns today for me in particular was Azpi and Alonso. Azpi is brilliant at what he does but in an attacking formation like Sarri's, he looks a bit out of placed, because he does not have that pace and acceleration to pose enough of a threat on the right hand side. If he is going to have Azpi playing at RB, then we need Emerson on the left hand side because he is very offensive. Having one more defensive fullback in Azpi and a attacking FB on the other flanks is fine. However playing Alonso and Azpi, is one of the slowest fullback combo you can have in football. Surely Sarri has to identify this because they won't pose as attacking threat as Sarri will like. Look when he was at Napoli. he had Hysaj on one hand who is very attack focused then on the LB he had Ghoulam/Rui who are also very offensive. Zappacosta may not be starter material, however him and Emerson playing is much more of a Sarri team. Azpi was poor today on both aspects which is strange.

Morata once again was poor which is a huge concern, however looks like we are going to have to keep with what we have got. And the creativity today was poor tbh anyway. Anyway, hopefully the team picks itself up for our PL opener next week.

1 hour ago, !Hazard! said:

In Mourinho's case it's the chef that's rotten

Unless Sari gets to Waitrose for a bit of shopping over the next four days, he'd better set up with 5 eggs at the back or we are going to struggle badly. Our full backs are not going to help provide the right kind of attacking platform in a flat four, and we are not getting the width from anywhere else.

1 hour ago, Azpinator said:

It's not a small club narrative. It's about a team in its first month of reforming its identity. In my opinion, you just cannot seriously expect that team to challenge a well-oiled machine like Pep's.

There's a headline on the BBC football page asking why is it so hard to defend the Premier League title. I have not read the article, mainly because I believe I know the answer. The answer is that it is not hard, it's simply that the last several Champions have not been great teams. United's last hurrah, City's side limping home when we and Liverpool slipped up late in the season, ourselves twice and Leicester. This City side is different; it is a good team and will almost certainly defend the title. They are too good for us. No sense beating ourselves up. We just have to get down to work and focus on trying to get closer to them. 

10 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Unless Sari gets to Waitrose for a bit of shopping over the next four days, he'd better set up with 5 eggs at the back or we are going to struggle badly. Our full backs are not going to help provide the right kind of attacking platform in a flat four, and we are not getting the width from anywhere else.

Maybe "sari" will get himself a nice garment at waitrose also lol

47 minutes ago, the wes said:

the thing is our board don't have patience tho 

On what evidence? The last time we had a good "progress" season despite winning nothing was Jose's first season and back and he wasn't sacked.

I’m telling you now Captain or not, Azp will never contribute as RB, he will fail big time in this Sarri system. This is his fourth match under Sarri and was never even close being decent. Hard to pick who is more useless Azpi as RB or Alonso as LB. Won’t even scratch about CB and midfielders, attacker’s... This season is finished but what’s worst is it’s not even started.

5 minutes ago, zekinjo said:

I’m telling you now Captain or not, Azp will never contribute as RB, he will fail big time in this Sarri system. This is his fourth match under Sarri and was never even close being decent. Hard to pick who is more useless Azpi as RB or Alonso as LB. Won’t even scratch about CB and midfielders, attacker’s... This season is finished but what’s worst is it’s not even started.

Please do yourself a favour by either stop watching Chelsea matches or stop your negative contribution...

I can't believe the comments on here, i'm over my disappointment with the shitty game.

Now let's look at the situation realistically, what were you all thinking we were going to hit the ground running, game one and your on it like fucking locust.

Get used to the idea that there's probably a lot more heart break to come, it's going to be a long hard trek, we need to get behind the manager and the lads, not slating them, they have been brainwashed into negative tactics by the former manager, now Sarri has to influence them into his philosphy, it will take time.........so for fuck sake be patient

6 minutes ago, zekinjo said:

This is not news. Even without seeing it in action it is obvious that Dave is not a Sarri 4-4-2 full back. In a Jose system where he is less integral to the attacking structure then he can be outstanding but not playing in today's shape. To get the best out of Dave we should line up in Conte's 5 at the back. That RCB role is perfect for Dave. The best Sarri right back we have is on loan at Wigan so there is some thinking for the boss to do.

3 minutes ago, bigbluewillie said:

I can't believe the comments on here, i'm over my disappointment with the shitty game.

Now let's look at the situation realistically, what were you all thinking we were going to hit the ground running, game one and your on it like fucking locust.

Get used to the idea that there's probably a lot more heart break to come, it's going to be a long hard trek, we need to get behind the manager and the lads, not slating them, they have been brainwashed into negative tactics by the former manager, now Sarri has to influence them into his philosphy, it will take time.........so for fuck sake be patient

Some of what you say is valid but there's no brainwashing. Antonio changed because that is what suited the players at his disposal. With virtually the same players available to him Sarri will face a difficult choice. Sacrifice points and stick to your guns, or sacrifice your principles and chase points with five at the back.

Brainwashed into negative tactics, lol. I mean, yes, we ruined slower-than-my-grandma Alonso and Fabregas, we ruined super-intellignet Willian, we ruined overly-composed Morata. And then that fucker Conte came and played the bus, omg.

On a serious note, 90% of this team is no top 4 quality, I am sorry. This defense will crumble badly I'm afraid.

Poslano sa mog SM-A310F koristeći Tapatalk

My last comment/question about this match. I wonder if today was enough for Sarri to realize that Alonso simply cannot excell in his setup. He has started every preseason game so far and has looked poor in each. Even clubs lower in the table will be able to get at him. Every opposing manager will have their side under instructions to target him, it'll be all over their film study.

It's bad enough that Cesc will have to play for a bit longer until Kante is ready. We can't have another passenger in Alonso. We need to get Emerson up to speed ASAP.