Jorginho

Unionjack

Suicidal player to have in front of the defence. Presses high up the pitch and vacates so much free space to attack when he inevitably fails to win the ball. About as stupid as asking Fabregas to be the only CDM. Ridiculous tactics.  

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 6:08 PM, Tautvix said:

Controlling games? Without creating chances to score? That's not controlling games.

Jorginho only passes back... Haven't seen a single good pass forward from him this season.

You see that pass for Willian he created straight after Newcastle scored? Had that been Pedro or Willian, would most likely be in the back of the net...

Just now, Fernando said:

No better options. 

Get the man better players. 

Had chance to rest Jorginho for Fabregas in certain competitions didn't do it. Had the chance to rest Alonso for Emerson, didn't do it. Had the chance to rest Willian/Pedro for CHO has hardly done it. 

Whilst we need better players the rotation has been fucking horrific.

Had chance to rest Jorginho for Fabregas in certain competitions didn't do it. Had the chance to rest Alonso for Emerson, didn't do it. Had the chance to rest Willian/Pedro for CHO has hardly done it. 
He just doesn't like to rotate. It was known issue at Napoli as well

5 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Sarri said the same thing I just said:

Chelsea's Sarri: Jorginho 'trouble' proof club need Fabregas replacement

LONDON -- Maurizio Sarri reiterated that Chelsea must find a replacement for Cesc Fabregas in the January transfer window after admitting that Jorginho was "in trouble" during Saturday's 2-1 win over Newcastle.

"Today Jorginho was in trouble and on the bench there wasn't a player for that position," Sarri said. "I need an option for Jorginho."

Asked when he expects a Fabregas replacement -- reportedly a straight choice between Zenit St Petersburg midfielder Leandro Paredes and Cagliari star Nicolo Barella -- to arrive, Sarri replied: "I have no idea.

"It's not too much [of a worry for me]. [If] the club is worried, I don't know. The club knows very well my opinion. I need the player there [in that position]. It depends on the club decision, I think. I cannot do anything more."

http://www.espn.com/soccer/chelsea/story/3749916/chelseas-sarri-jorginho-trouble-proof-club-need-fabregas-replacement

4 hours ago, Fernando said:

Chelsea's Sarri: Jorginho 'trouble' proof club need Fabregas replacement

LONDON -- Maurizio Sarri reiterated that Chelsea must find a replacement for Cesc Fabregas in the January transfer window after admitting that Jorginho was "in trouble" during Saturday's 2-1 win over Newcastle.

"Today Jorginho was in trouble and on the bench there wasn't a player for that position," Sarri said. "I need an option for Jorginho."

Is Sarri gonna pretend not having an option for Jorginho isn't his fault? He had Fabregas. He could and should have rotated more between him and Jorginho but nooo, he decided to play the latter 95% of the time and caused the former to leave because of the lack of playing time. :doh: 

Watching Jorginho against Newcastle made me think about his performances of late, and maybe I'm missing something, and I stand to be corrected if this is the case, but I'm starting to think this guy is stealing a living at Chelsea. The guy is great at 4 yard sideway passes, but ask the lad to split an opposition defence or play a ball over the top to feet and he's incapable of doing it. I think his stats in the Premiership is that he has made the most passes but not one assist to his name !!. He has been rumbled and teams are smothering him, but if he's as great as Sarri insists he is I expect a lot more from him. To see Cesc leaving on a free is a crime, and no back up in place. If we bought a Central defender I'd love to try Luiz in his role as he has a far greater eye for the killer pass and shows much more creativity, and if Kante dropped slightly further back to assist him defensively it could work. I'm beginning to think that Jorginho is Sarri's secret love child as he can do no wrong in the managers eyes....But I'm no manager so.am I missing something??

Think he's completely burnt out. As far as him not having any impact on our attack, I don't blame him at all. We saw with Napoli that he was excellent at the "Fabregas pass" over the top. He tries it repeatedly here (as we saw yesterday) but since we aren't playing with someone who naturally makes those runs up top they're useless.

I think he's the biggest beneficiary of the possible incomings of Paredes and Higuain. One plays exactly like he does so he can be rested frequently and the other is the picture perfect forward that plays to his strengths.

Sad and frustrated to see so many Chelsea fans on social media having a go at him. Members of the media who don't pay close enough attention as well. Yes, his form has dropped lately but there's a reason why. And it's not ability.

14 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Think he's completely burnt out. As far as him not having any impact on our attack, I don't blame him at all. We saw with Napoli that he was excellent at the "Fabregas pass" over the top. He tries it repeatedly here (as we saw yesterday) but since we aren't playing with someone who naturally makes those runs up top they're useless.

I think he's the biggest beneficiary of the possible incomings of Paredes and Higuain. One plays exactly like he does so he can be rested frequently and the other is the picture perfect forward that plays to his strengths.

Sad and frustrated to see so many Chelsea fans on social media having a go at him. Members of the media who don't pay close enough attention as well. Yes, his form has dropped lately but there's a reason why. And it's not ability.

Allyour points make sense and I'm happy to be corrected. Yes he maybe a bit burnt out but he is starting to frustrate me. But i still think that in his position he should have some assists to his name for the amount of games he has played. Even Cesc, with limited playing time had a couple I think. But after reading your post I will give him more time