Mason Mount

the wes

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

I don't believe this for a second. 

First of all it's hard to imagine such a small detail can be deal breaker. 

He is not resigning because it was reported by tier one journalists that he wants money close to highest earners or 3 times more than current. Also he is not sure about role because there is no place for him in starting 11. I mean in current 4231 he cannot play in pivot, Felix, Nkunku, Havertz all ahead for number 10 role. And Mudryk and Sterling for LW. Not even first option from the bench. Remember Lampard quote about fire in his eyes when not picked? Plus became very toxic between him and Chelsea fans, saw the other day he is blocking people on Twitter. In Liverpool he could play perfect role for him in 433 where there is no expectation in the final 3rd, just to press and let front 3 do the work. 

So this is only reasons from Mount pov. Now there is Chelsea pov and the list is even longer because for sure nobody is happy with him. And also we heard what academy players mean for FFP.

I think the decision is already been made but news that it will be resolved in the summer is just to put all this noise about him to bad. I think he is leaving and won't start many games till the end of the season. 

About Chalobah yeah if he wants to be 5th choice squad option he can stay. 

LCB Badiashile and Colwill for a next decade 

RCB Fofana and Silva who will be replaced in the summer 2024. 

Name them and provide the source. 

6 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Why would we sell Chalobah? He's a great squad option? Just signed a new deal too. 

We aren't shifting RLC on 120kpw. 

Completely forgot about Ampadu so good funds there. 

Mount isn't refusing the role nor the salary, he's refusing the length of the contract. He wants 5 years max and we are offering 7-8. 

Yep this is being heavily implicated as the main issue and has been for a while, the Athletic have been on about it a few times.

I don’t think wages will be a big issue at all once the length of deal is in the ball park of what he’s looking for.

He doesn’t strike me as someone who wants to be the highest paid player but just wants a fair wage that reflects his position at the club. In fact the only thing I’ve seen re wages is he wants a higher base salary meaning less incentives/add ons so more money upfront but it didn’t specify a sum specifically.

I doubt he’s asking for 250-300k straight up like many hinting at but as I said in a previous post people will use this situation as a stick to beat him.

I think if the offer was say around 175k base plus whatever add ons/incentives on a 4 or 5 year deal it would of been signed by now. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

On 26/11/2022 at 13:26, OhForAGreavsie said:

Thank you!!! If you ever spot me in a pub, come claim a free drink.

The whole world has forgotten the word uninterested because they think disinterested means the same thing and makes them sound cleverer. Well originally disinterested did not mean uninterested. These days however, after being so widely misused, for so long, it has to be accepted that it does mean uninterested. Indeed, dictionaries now give both its original meaning and the uninterested definition when you look up the word disinterested.

Still hurts my head though when people say disinterested, when what they really mean is uninterested. I wonder how many of those people know what disinterested really means?

Fucking hell mate even Greavsie wouldn't have said that he wouldn't have been interested.

45 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

😂😂 They already started hard. 

First one can disturb atmosphere in the club. This second one saying he rejected similar offer as James is pure bullshit. I reject to believe we would offer him 250k per week and even more that he would reject that. Both scenarios sound surreal. Clearly news is fabricated if some other team appear they can get more money with 'we rejected 250k from Chelsea'. 

Guy is clearly thinking more about off field stuff. Tiktok, modeling, his media persona... I think in his head he genuinely thinks he is Beckham or something. Been shit all season and instead of focusing how to improve he is thinking about hiring PR agency to improve his media image. Just wow. Anyway would be surprised if he starts any game till the end of the season especially after just finally won 2 games in a row without him stepping on the pitch. 

Edited by NikkiCFC

4 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

😂😂 They already started hard. 

First one can disturb atmosphere in the club. This second one saying he rejected similar offer as James is pure bullshit. I reject to believe we would offer him 250k per week and even more that he would reject that. Both scenarios sound surreal. Clearly news is fabricated if some other team appear they can get more money with 'we rejected 250k from Chelsea'. 

Guy is clearly thinking more about off field stuff. Tiktok, modeling, his media persona... I think in his head he genuinely thinks he is Beckham or something. Been shit all season and instead of focusing how to improve he is thinking about hiring PR agency to improve his media image. Just wow. Anyway would be surprised if he starts any game till the end of the season especially after just finally won 2 games in a row without him stepping on the pitch. 

Well, it really doesn't take much to be a Beckham level footballer, but the image, looks, and media persona... not that easy. 🙂

United are looking at alternatives and could rival Liverpool for Mount. The 24-year-old’s talks with Chelsea over a new deal have hit a brick wall and the club could look to sell him. Mount could be available for about £50m.

Chelsea’s owners, Todd Boehly and Clearlake Capital, are keen to avoid the uncertainty caused by letting players enter the final year of their contracts. They were not impressed with the previous regime allowing talks with Antonio Rüdiger and Andreas Christensen to drag on. Rüdiger and Christensen left on free transfers last summer, leaving Chelsea with major gaps in defence.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/mar/09/mason-mount-jude-bellingham-harry-kane-manchester-united-summer-target-list

• 2 weeks later...