Danny Drinkwater

xPetrCechx

other than selling De Bruyne and buying Kepa (only because of how much we paid and then the fucking SEVEN year contract on a high as hell wage, if he was a Mendy level buy, then no biggie), Drinkwater is the worst transaction in the history of the club, he has passed up Torres

I still want vengeance for whatever cunt thought up this shite

just insane that he will end up costing us over £60m net spend!!!!!

fuck :rant:

7 minutes ago, Vesper said:

other than selling De Bruyne and buying Kepa (only because of how much we paid and then the fucking SEVEN year contract on a high as hell wage, if he was a Mendy level buy, then no biggie), Drinkwater is the worst transaction in the history of the club, he has passed up Torres

I still want vengeance for whatever cunt thought up this shite

just insane that he will end up costing us over £60m net spend!!!!!

fuck :rant:

I don't think i'll ever be able to look past Torres purely because of how long we persisted with him despite the clear detriment of the club, it was the only time of Roman's tenure i worried our expectations were in the gutter. Because of him we were out of play when Aguero and Falcao were on the market, we lost Sturridge due to the insistence on trying to make it work with Nando, the club gave him every possible condition to succeed and most of all his attitude stank.

As poor as Danny was the mistake (atleast in terms of first team involvement) was rectified pretty quickly with minimal damage done.

1 hour ago, King Kante said:

I think it is pretty clear now he either has mental health problems or substance (alcohol) abuse problems, if not both. 

Apparently he works on his mental issues as mentioned on previous page and I really pity him due to how his career fell off the cliff in Chelsea, but I suppose that while he'd probably get all the best kind of support from the club, any substance abuse that interferes with football would be used as a reason to terminate his contract the very first second it happened. 

He, as a business asset is a huge trouble for the club so I doubt they keep dumping millions of pounds on him if they are not absolutely forced to but rather look for any way to move him without even bigger loss. 

25 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I don't think i'll ever be able to look past Torres purely because of how long we persisted with him despite the clear detriment of the club, it was the only time of Roman's tenure i worried our expectations were in the gutter. Because of him we were out of play when Aguero and Falcao were on the market, we lost Sturridge due to the insistence on trying to make it work with Nando, the club gave him every possible condition to succeed and most of all his attitude stank.

As poor as Danny was the mistake (atleast in terms of first team involvement) was rectified pretty quickly with minimal damage done.

I can see that being a valid argument

NOTHING though makes up for the De Bruyne sale

that will haunt me for life

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

I can see that being a valid argument

NOTHING though makes up for the De Bruyne sale

that will haunt me for life

The forum was blinded by Jose and the brief Fabregas-Costa spell but man, KDB would have set us up for a decade

I actually dont blame it all on Danny, that kid 2 footed him first, little sht.

Think of it from Danny's perspective, his bussiness ventures are not turning out well, hes dealing with his mental/alcohol issues and hes trying to get his carrer on track. One reckless tackle in a nothing game and it could be the end of his carrer and then what does he have? You can imagine the pressure he has to try and work something out with his life.

10 minutes ago, Strike said:

The forum was blinded by Jose and the brief Fabregas-Costa spell but man, KDB would have set us up for a decade

all we had to do was put a BUYBACK in

:rant:

we sold him to middle sized club, not some monster like Juve or Real or Bayern

sigh

I was pissed about Salah too, but nowhere near as much (at the time) as KDB

but we should have put a buyback in as well on Mo

real shame that Costa did not sustain at a high level

Imagine

CF Lukaku or Costa (healthy) or to go mind-fuck time-travel Mbappe (if we had signed him as a youth when he had a try-out)

LW Hazard

RW Salah

AMF De Bruyne

5 hours ago, chelsea_4_eva said:

I actually dont blame it all on Danny, that kid 2 footed him first, little sht.

Think of it from Danny's perspective, his bussiness ventures are not turning out well, hes dealing with his mental/alcohol issues and hes trying to get his carrer on track. One reckless tackle in a nothing game and it could be the end of his carrer and then what does he have? You can imagine the pressure he has to try and work something out with his life.

Yeah, just seen a clip of it. That tackle was way worse than what he did and obvious straight red imho, so if that kid left unwarned it's ridiculous.

Media making headlines like 'Drinkwater obliterates 15-year old' now are BS and just unfair. Never thought I'd say it, but I 100% stand behind Drinkwater here.

And of course, Tottenham school of football visible even in kids match – make a two-footed, criminal tackle and then pretend to be the victim, holding wrong leg, ugh.  

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
3 hours ago, King Kante said:

Sooner hes gone the better. Never fit for the shirt and never will be. Just not Chelsea level.

• 3 months later...

Drinkwater is probably the worst Chelsea signing ever, we all knew he was utter crap before we signed him. What followed was even worse, completely useless and didn’t provide anything in his Chelsea career.

Amazing that someone thought it was a good idea to pay 40m for this guy.

2 hours ago, Clockwork said:

Drinkwater is probably the worst Chelsea signing ever, we all knew he was utter crap before we signed him. What followed was even worse, completely useless and didn’t provide anything in his Chelsea career.

Amazing that someone thought it was a good idea to pay 40m for this guy.

I understood the idea of signing him in isolation. Proven partnership with Kante, was very good at sharp balls over the top on the counter attack and compatible with the type of system Conte played. The Drinkwater of 15/16 would have probably been a regular starter and was very much an upgrade on 2015 onwards Matic.

The part that was inexcusable was the wage, surely he would have accepted something along the 60-80k line and if he didn't that should have been a red flag straight away.

Edited by Tomo

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

I understood the idea of signing him in isolation. Proven partnership with Kante, was very good at sharp balls over the top on the counter attack and compatible with the type of system Conte played. The Drinkwater of 15/16 would have probably been a regular starter and was very much an upgrade of 2015 onwards Matic.

The part that was inexcusable was the wage, surely he would have accepted something along the 60-80k line and if he didn't that should have been a red flag straight away.

Absolutely not, I watched a few games of Drinkwater before he signed, it was quite clear he was level blow a top tier side. From a physical and technical standpoint. It is amazing he is actually worse than the very little I thought of him. I am honestly surprised reading the early pages where people rated him. I stand by it he is the worst signing ever, because he had so little potential. 

i hated virtually every Conte signing for the exception of Rudigar.

Edited by Clockwork

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

I understood the idea of signing him in isolation. Proven partnership with Kante, was very good at sharp balls over the top on the counter attack and compatible with the type of system Conte played. The Drinkwater of 15/16 would have probably been a regular starter and was very much an upgrade of 2015 onwards Matic.

9 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Absolutely not, I watched a few games of Drinkwater before he signed, it was quite clear he was level blow a top tier side. From a physical and technical standpoint. It is amazing he is actually worse than the very little I thought of him. I am honestly surprised reading the early pages where people rated him. I stand by it he is the worst signing ever, because he had so little potential. 

i hated virtually every Conte signing for the exception of Rudigar.

I have to go with Tomo 100% here. Have been saying the same for ages. I watched almost all of Leicesters 's 2015/16 games and Drinkwater did not look out of his depth at all next to Kante. He was the more progressive ball playing option and his quick collection and redirection of the ball was key to their fast-paced counter-attacking football. I also watched him in their CL matches the season thereafter and he was consistent throughout, esp vs Sevilla in R16. Honestly, based on his championship season, i would have tipped him for a starting spot in england xi. Back then he was in good athletic shape, above average pace and strength, decent technique and quick footballing brain. Apparently, he was completely thrown out of his path the moment we signed him. Matic on the othe rhand was absolutely useless for mos tof his time here apart from second half of 2014 and 2016 and I had regarded drinkwater as an upgrade as well at that point. maybe the needlessly bombastic wages indeed sapped Drinkwaters motivation.