Danny Drinkwater

xPetrCechx

On ‎08‎-‎01‎-‎2020 at 10:29 AM, Special Juan said:

The biggest sign ever was we signed this guy that the people behind the scenes are so non football people.

People harp on about Marina getting insane prices for people but she was part of bringing fucking donkeys like this here and they are still around.

How dare you spew such crap.....this is not in her job description, she has no say on these matters........or so some still claim.

16 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

How dare you spew such crap.....this is not in her job description, she has no say on these matters........or so some still claim.

So to clarify, you think she actually scouts and identifys signings herself?

Marina is to blame for a LOT of the fucked up things that go on

not all, but a fucking shedload

her and the corrupt SIBNEFT Mafia who continuously broke rules and got us the ban

she is the money, sales/buy negotiation and contract person for years and has been HORRIFIC on that end

she got lucky a couple times with Atleti and our two dreg strikers and pulled off a COMBINED 25m quid or so profit

that is piss-pot compared the hundreds of millions she and the numpty board have shit away

this whole strawman of 'oh, she doesn't scout' is distractive bollocks

she does more than enough damage without scouting shit

17 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Marina is to blame for a LOT of the fucked up things that go on

not all, but a fucking shedload

her and the corrupt SIBNEFT Mafia who continuously broke rules and got us the ban

she is the money, sales/buy negotiation and contract person for years and has been HORRIFIC on that end

she got lucky a couple times with Atleti and our two dreg strikers and pulled off a COMBINED 25m quid or so profit

that is piss-pot compared the hundreds of millions she and the numpty board have shit away

this whole strawman of 'oh, she doesn't scout' is distractive bollocks

she does more than enough damage without scouting shit

If there's enough to slate her for in the first place then it's even more bizzare that he's gone down the route of blaming her for something not in her job description.

May aswell pin the Kennedy assassination on her aswell.

14 minutes ago, Tomo said:

If there's enough to slate her for in the first place then it's even more bizzare that he's gone down the route of blaming her for something not in her job description.

May aswell pin the Kennedy assassination on her aswell.

I slate her hard for the business and strategic end, never the scouting

if she is actually having input (which I very much doubt) into whom to buy from a footballing talent perspective, then we are well and truly fucked

31 minutes ago, Tomo said:

So to clarify, you think she actually scouts and identifys signings herself?

Vesper more than decently answered that, all I know we have gone way backwards with most buys and general transfers. If she has no say as some say then why is the same issues still evident. Why are those that fuck up still at it? You must admit we have done some bizaar stuff under her, not all bad of course but some ( there are many ) make us look a bit like amateurs.

13 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Vesper more than decently answered that, all I know we have gone way backwards with most buys and general transfers. If she has no say as some say then why is the same issues still evident. Why are those that fuck up still at it? You must admit we have done some bizaar stuff under her, not all bad of course but some ( there are many ) make us look a bit like amateurs.

she is handed the ones to buy and the ones to sell

and is also involved in contractual management for pre-existing players

and proceeds to bollocks up far more than she gets right

our scouting department and the linkage with the previous managers has been horrific lately too, with a few exceptions like Kante and Rudiger

Jorginho was one of the few that was strictly do to the manager

I so think that IF we had no bans, we might not have even purchased Kovacic ffs

14 minutes ago, Vesper said:

she is handed the ones to buy and the ones to sell

and is also involved in contractual management for pre-existing players

and proceeds to bollocks up far more than she gets right

our scouting department and the linkage with the previous managers has been horrific lately too, with a few exceptions like Kante and Rudiger

Jorginho was one of the few that was strictly do to the manager

I so think that IF we had no bans, we might not have even purchased Kovacic ffs

Yeah we probably wouldnt have had Kova. Having the know how when to renew and when not to is a big factor in running a Club, being astute enough to get rid of a player that is either spent or average is crucial. As I said before all will be revealed come summer. We will see if we have learned anything at all.

1 hour ago, Nicco said:

The one who made this transfer possible shouldn't only be sacked but also sued for trying to tarnish our reputation and club.

So Antonio Conte? He stated he wanted Drinkwater for his experience and to provide balance in our midfield. 

People need to realise that Conte should be held just as much accountable for our horrific 2017 transfer window. Just take a look at some of the players he wanted the club to sign. Vidal, Nainggolan, Bonucci, Candreva, etc. These players would've been short term options and would've cost the club millions in wages. We would of found outselfs post 2010 Inter Milan had we signed all of them. Not to mention he desperately wanted gash like Morata and Bakayoko. 

Matter of fact, I would only criticise our board for not sealing the deal on Alex Sandro and Tolisso. 

Lets put this Drinkwater maths shite to bed once and for all

Transfer fee £35m

Salary £110K per week (there was some confusion as some sites said £120K per week but I am going with 110K now per the extremely reputable Athletic

https://theathletic.com/1516614/2020/01/07/danny-drinkwater-aston-villa-wages/

so

5 years at 110K per week is £28.6m in wages

meaning we are on the hook for a total of £63.6m for the 5 years  

we paid all his wages in

2017-18 we paid ALL his wages

2018-19 we paid ALL his wages

2019-20

Burnley paid £1m for a 5 month loan (they picked up 50K of the 110K in wages for 20 weeks, again per multiple links including the Athletic one above)

we demanded they pay it all for the rest of the year, they said piss off

Aston Villa the same (we wanted them to pay the full 110K they said no), so we cut a deal (probably similar to Burnleys, BUT I will even give us the benefit of the doubt, an say they are paying 50% more than Burnley, so 1.5m quid for the 5 months)

Lets say we somehow get a team to pay his FULL wages on a 2 year loan (2020-22) to close it out (there is almost no chance of get a transfer fee for him with these wages and his age)

again I am giving us full benefit of the doubt here

so that knocks off (assuming they pay the full 24 remaining months of his wages) £11.44m (and that is also generous as a team can wait a couple of months to start the 2 year loan, so they would only pay 22 months worth or so)

lets do the maths

£63.6m

minus

1m

minus 1.5m

minus 11.44m

equals

a straight cumulative net spend of £49.66m (call it £50m, especially if we only get 23 or 22 months for the final 2 year loan) (as he walks on a free in June 2022)

that £50m also assumes we can do what we have failed to do so far, that being getting a team to pay his FULL salary for 2 years (which is really looking shaky atm)

so that £50m could easily go up to around £53m to 55m in total net cost

no team is going to buy him for even £10m in transfer fees and then pick up those insane wages on top. At just a £10m transfer fee, that would mean they are paying around £21.5m for a 30 to 32 year old MFer (who was been a disaster for the past 3 years) for just two years of play, and a player who then walks on a free (or they keep him and pay him far lower). Why would a team shit away 10m (at a minimum) when they can just loan him and probably NOT even have to pay his full wages (no one except us has paid his full wages yet)

If anyone thinks that that is 'good business' by the board, and that I am an idiot who doesn't know finance (laughable) then I truly do not know what to say, other than good luck in life.

So sick of these dodgy as hell appeal to authority logical fallacies being rammed down our throats by a few bad apples. Remember, this is the same board who just shit away £26m plus on the sacking of just one manager. I do not (nor have I EVER claimed to) have access to the club's books, but their public disclosures back me up 100%. You can take what I say with a grain of salt (I urge any and all to always fact check me, and I always try to provide links), but I will be fucked if I am gaslit into believing we are conducting an overall good business model when it comes to contractual management, piss poor buys, cocked-up non buys and stalled out (to the point the window closes) tie ups on multiple occasion (Italy, I am looking at you), non-timely sales (knowing a player will not renew), renewals of contracts for dodgy players and overall salary cock-ups in general.

NO ONE on here needs an advanced degree in any sort of actuarial or fiduciary science to see it has been one disaster after another. But by all means, put those baby blue blinders on and all hail the magnificence that is the Chels board!

#sodone

56 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Eric Bailly: Manchester United trigger two-year extension in defender's contract

I have a question about this? How come United does this and we don't do this? 
It helps so that no one can leave on a free. 

Because... board.

:ph34r:

0c6309740132368d3e8f9c39f9f2ce94.png

The Ballad of Danny Drinkwater

The fall of a Premier League champion shows just how precarious a soccer career can be, and the damage that can be inflicted by one bad choice.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/17/sports/danny-drinkwater-lionel-messi.html

Enjoying this newsletter every week? Forward it to a friend and tell them to sign up at nytimes.com/rory.

A few hours after Danny Drinkwater joined Aston Villa in the first week of January, a friend asked if he wanted to go watch his new club in action.

Aston Villa was playing at Leicester City in the semifinals of the Carabao Cup, English soccer’s midweek afterthought, the night after Drinkwater’s move was confirmed. There was a space for him in an executive box at the King Power Stadium: Drinkwater could come along, pretty much incognito, and cast an eye over the Villa players who were, now, his teammates.

Politely, he declined the invitation. It is not especially hard to discern why. Leicester was, of course, where Drinkwater spent the happiest, most productive years of his career: a central cog in the team that first won promotion to the Premier League in 2014 and then, as is still occasionally pointed out whenever Leicester is mentioned, won the English title two years later.

It was at Leicester where Drinkwater grew into one of the most highly regarded midfielders in England. He won the Premier League. He made it to the quarterfinals of the Champions League. He played for England. He was good enough that Chelsea, the team that had succeeded Leicester as champion, paid $45 million to acquire him in 2017.

A few days after that deal went through, Chelsea, in one of those quirks that soccer throws up so frequently that you wonder if the whole thing is scripted, visited Leicester. Ngolo Kanté, a player who had left Leicester for Chelsea a year earlier, was given a rousing reception by his former fans. Drinkwater, named as a substitute, a little less so. The BBC described his welcome as “mixed.” It is a fairly transparent euphemism.

Perhaps that memory gave Drinkwater pause as he contemplated the idea of walking into the King Power, a few months short of three years on, to watch a game. Or, perhaps, it is something a little deeper. Perhaps he sensed that returning to Leicester, where his career topped out, would simply serve to remind him that he had fallen.

snip

2 hours ago, Fernando said:

Eric Bailly: Manchester United trigger two-year extension in defender's contract

Think both parties would have to agree to putting an extension option in the contract? Or if the club activate the option, the player would have to agree as well? Otherwise, the player would just be "surrendering" himself to the club if they have no say whatsoever.

3 hours ago, Fernando said:

We've recently done similar with this Nathan guy and people lost their shit.

Seems like we can't win either way.