Davide Zappacosta

xPetrCechx

• 8 months later...

Zappacosta Error and Late Penalty Dooms Roma in 2-0 Loss to Milan

A gaff from Zappacosta gifted Milan a late goal, while a dodgy penalty in 89th minute sealed Roma's fate today.

https://www.chiesaditotti.com/2020/6/28/21306046/zappacosta-error-and-late-penalty-dooms-roma-in-2-0-loss-to-milan

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

Zappacosta Error and Late Penalty Dooms Roma in 2-0 Loss to Milan

A gaff from Zappacosta gifted Milan a late goal, while a dodgy penalty in 89th minute sealed Roma's fate today.

https://www.chiesaditotti.com/2020/6/28/21306046/zappacosta-error-and-late-penalty-dooms-roma-in-2-0-loss-to-milan

This guy is one of the worst Chelsea players in the last 15 years.. Hopefully some italian team bags him this summer.

2 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

This guy is one of the worst Chelsea players in the last 15 years.. Hopefully some italian team bags him this summer.

Not Chelsea level but I do not remember him costing us any goals or something... I do not think he deserves epithet you gave him.

• 4 weeks later...

I have been thinking about the RB position for next season and was wondering if it may be wise to loan out James to a PL side for experience and bring back Zappa as RB2. 

My thinking here is as follows: 

1) Dave is the captain and he looks like he will continue to start 70-80% at RB next season. 

2) Zappa wasn't actually that bad, he just never got a look in. When he played, I thought he was ok as he offered more pace than Dave but still didn't have any brain fart moments. 

3) I rate James really highly but he looks like he still needs more experience. My feeling is that for his own development he is better getting a full season in rather than battling (and probably losing to) Dave. 

4) Zappa, as his knee went is essentially a sunk cost, James would pick up a reasonable loan fee. For me, with the consistency of Dave, Zappa may as well sit on the bench for a financial point of view as well as a developmental one. 

On 28/06/2020 at 6:43 PM, nyikolajevics said:

He was nowhere near one of the worst.

Was average and shouldn't have been signed  (especially at that price) but there's been many worse player's than him at fullback alone.

7 hours ago, King Kante said:

I have been thinking about the RB position for next season and was wondering if it may be wise to loan out James to a PL side for experience and bring back Zappa as RB2. 

1) Dave is the captain and he looks like he will continue to start 70-80% at RB next season. 

2) Zappa wasn't actually that bad, he just never got a look in. When he played, I thought he was ok as he offered more pace than Dave but still didn't have any brain fart moments. 

3) I rate James really highly but he looks like he still needs more experience. My feeling is that for his own development he is better getting a full season in rather than battling (and probably losing to) Dave. 

4) Zappa, as his knee went is essentially a sunk cost, James would pick up a reasonable loan fee. For me, with the consistency of Dave, Zappa may as well sit on the bench for a financial point of view as well as a developmental one. 

Why? Give Reece the experience here itself. With a shorter season there will be more opportunities as well as the chance to give him EL/CL experience. 

As for zappa,

out of his 25mil euro fee:

17/18: Amortization: 6.25mil

18/19: Amortization: 6.25mil

19/20: Amortization: 4.2mil (Since he signed a contract extension of 1 year hence the change in amortization value)

So basically we have 8.4mil euros of value left of him on our books. If we sell him for 10-15mil this window, thats still a profit from player sales and we can simply move on from someone who was always a MEH! signing for the club. Not only that, but we also open up space on our books of about 4.2mil +wages for new signings.

On the other hand sending Reece out on loan gives a wrong signal to the youth and the boy himself. He is quality and should be blooded in.

In my opinion, having zappa back would make no sense. Either financially or just by quality

8 hours ago, King Kante said:

Azpi cannot be starting every game anymore because he is getting older and the full back position demands end-to-end presence, attacking quality. He should be rotated heavily and used as a squad player. Reece is good enough as a starting full-back already and is getting better 

Zappa anyway would be a big drop in quality

1 hour ago, Strike said:

Azpi cannot be starting every game anymore because he is getting older and the full back position demands end-to-end presence, attacking quality. He should be rotated heavily and used as a squad player. Reece is good enough as a starting full-back already and is getting better 

What about defensive quality? 

As welcome as James has looked more like himself and played well in the last 2 games, let's not forget that in the games before that, he showed that he's still got much to learn before nailing that starting full-back position. 

18 minutes ago, Jason said:

What about defensive quality? 

As welcome as James has looked more like himself and played well in the last 2 games, let's not forget that in the games before that, he showed that he's still got much to learn before nailing that starting full-back position. 

Yes but with Azpilicueta for cover, that can happen at Chelsea itself.

6 hours ago, Puliiszola said:

Why? Give Reece the experience here itself. With a shorter season there will be more opportunities as well as the chance to give him EL/CL experience. 

As for zappa,

out of his 25mil euro fee:

17/18: Amortization: 6.25mil

18/19: Amortization: 6.25mil

19/20: Amortization: 4.2mil (Since he signed a contract extension of 1 year hence the change in amortization value)

So basically we have 8.4mil euros of value left of him on our books. If we sell him for 10-15mil this window, thats still a profit from player sales and we can simply move on from someone who was always a MEH! signing for the club. Not only that, but we also open up space on our books of about 4.2mil +wages for new signings.

On the other hand sending Reece out on loan gives a wrong signal to the youth and the boy himself. He is quality and should be blooded in.

In my opinion, having zappa back would make no sense. Either financially or just by quality

Problem is Dave is the Captain and super consistent. James does not just need to be better but much better to replace him. In my opinion, if James stays here next season he will only start 20-30% of our games. Hence, why I think he may be better off on loan to get a full season. I am not writing James off, I just want to ensure he gets minutes and I do not think he gets enough here next season. Be happy to be proved wrong.