Kylian Mbappe

Captain Ahmed

2 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

And he would never have developed or played first team football aged 17. Same with Christian Eriksen and countless others.....

This. His opportunity with us is going to be limited. Moving to a big team in a very young age is a career suicide. 

Mbappe is not coming to us. He basically can pick any team that he want after his breakout season with Monaco. He picked psg maybe for money, maybe because he is from Paris, I don't know. 

3 hours ago, !Hazard! said:

No chance of getting him even if we gave them Hazard and Kante

It's not about who we give them, but why would he join us?

We keep talking about price and fees, but if the players would rather play elsewhere, in a a more stable environment, and/or not in England, it does not matter how much you offer to the cubs. You can inflate the wages, but that comes at a cost too...

Gotta get them *before* they are famous. There is Messi and then Mbappe... you are all dreaming...

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

Id make that trade any day of the week. Realistically, Mbappe will be the in the top 5 players to come out of Ligue 1 if ever moves abroad.

But Vesper is talking like this is an FM. Sell this sell that, buy this buy that. It never happen with any team in real world that I know of. PSG won't sell him to us for hazard and Kante. 

And this is nice example how people are so naive sometimes.

Mbappe is this and that and superstar and world class and oh my boy what a player blah blah blah.

Hazard on other hand meh good ok player, has his days but realy inconsistent, not a leader, overrated, was never realy that great,...

If only same people watched both week in week out with some sort of objectivity and without "their grass is greener" mind, the conclussion would be that both are absolutely fantastic players, but also both can dissapear in games (like every world class player does sometimes)

Its mind boggling how some Chelsea fans dont rate Hazard, but lick the arses of half of players we dont have. 

9 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

And this is nice example how people are so naive sometimes.

Mbappe is this and that and superstar and world class and oh my boy what a player blah blah blah.

Hazard on other hand meh good ok player, has his days but realy inconsistent, not a leader, overrated, was never realy that great,...

If only same people watched both week in week out with some sort of objectivity and without "their grass is greener" mind, the conclussion would be that both are absolutely fantastic players, but also both can dissapear in games (like every world class player does sometimes)

Its mind boggling how some Chelsea fans dont rate Hazard, but lick the arses of half of players we dont have. 

There's no doubting Hazards ability but Mbappe is already probably at the same level if not hes not far off, aged 20. Hence why he gets such praise and plaudits. Anyone denying that is simply wrong. This is a kid who flipped a world cup final on its head. Aged 20. A guy with 14 CL goals at 20. Its hardly as if hes a mediocre footballer.

Hazards inconsistency has been well documented here and unfortunately it seemed to be swept under the run for a long time until this season which  has severely upset a lot of people I think.

If you asked me in the summer before the world cup I would have swapped Eden for Mbappe. If you asked me after the world cup still the same answer. Its nothing to do with thinking Eden is average, its just I dont think Mbappe is far off him if he isnt already on the same level which I would reckon he is. At age 20, that is scary. 

15 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

There's no doubting Hazards ability but Mbappe is already probably at the same level if not hes not far off, aged 20. Hence why he gets such praise and plaudits. Anyone denying that is simply wrong. This is a kid who flipped a world cup final on its head. Aged 20. A guy with 14 CL goals at 20. Its hardly as if hes a mediocre footballer.

Hazards inconsistency has been well documented here and unfortunately it seemed to be swept under the run for a long time until this season which  has severely upset a lot of people I think.

If you asked me in the summer before the world cup I would have swapped Eden for Mbappe. If you asked me after the world cup still the same answer. Its nothing to do with thinking Eden is average, its just I dont think Mbappe is far off him if he isnt already on the same level which I would reckon he is. At age 20, that is scary. 

16 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

He is indeed fantastic player, but far less complete than Hazard for example.

Mbappe thrives on collective game with his positioning, he needs creative team mates and he needs space. He is quite useless if opposition parks the bus. Hence I dont think he would be anywhere near as successful here.

Mbappe right now is in form for Paris and we are big mess, its unfair to compare the two. Mbappe would be out of depth here too if he played for us right now.

Hazard can score, assist, create, break defenses and much more. Mbappe is clearly the better finisher and his positioning is way better too. That said Mbappe is young which is even more exciting and he scores alot of goals. Hazard was ripping league 1 too when he was a kid.

If you compare the two when both are at their best, both are world class and all Im saying is fans should appreciate us having this kind of player.

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

The only football player I would pay personally to go and watch live is this kid.

His movement last night even without getting the ball was just on another level.

Yeah his pace just makes him a huge weapon even without the ball because teams know whats coming but hes so difficult to match or to stop. Lindelof tried to stay with him for the 2nd goal and got blitzed.

• 2 years later...

According to transfermarket his contract expires on:

Contract until: Jun 30, 2022

Has a market value of 144 millions. 

If he don't sign a new contract we should go for him. Haaland is WC, but Mbappe is on another level me thinks. 

150 million for him, I know it's a lot but if you don't fork that out PSG ain't selling and will wait till January and by then the transfer battle will be insane with Real Madrid and others. 

Well that's IF he does not sign a new contract. 

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, Tomislava10Barisic said:

COME ON ROMAN ABRAMOVICH GET THIS MONSTER MBAPPE.... PLEASE ROMAN ABRAMOVICH!

Sorry to say you are wasting photons here. In any case...

1 hour ago, Tomislava10Barisic said:

MBAPPE is the best Attacker he is better than Ronaldo, Messi & Ibrahimovic....

He didn't look it in the summer. He looked selfish and over interested in trying to win the game on his own. Mbappe produced a very unconvincing tournament.

• 1 month later...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You