Virgil Van Dijk

dkim2

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure what to make of it. A bit shocked. I thought Christensen might actually have a chance. 

van Dijk is just the flavor of the month, in my opinion. Much like Mahrez was last season. 

1 hour ago, The Skipper said:

£50m AND Christensen on loan? He isn't worth that money, seriously...

Can't rule out the possibility that you, me, and everybody else who sees it your way, are simply wrong but people seem to have lost their heads over VVD. A £55m - £60m Champions League defender? I just don't see it.

has there been any confirmation on if Christensen will be loaned or sold? I hope its a loan, i would be shocked to see him sold. For god sakes if we sell can we PLEASE insert a proper buy back clause.

1 minute ago, akgw13 said:

has there been any confirmation on if Christensen will be loaned or sold? I hope its a loan, i would be shocked to see him sold. For god sakes if we sell can we PLEASE insert a proper buy back clause.

No confirmation on any of it as far as I'm aware.

Whenever there have been comments about Andreas which qualify as more than mere speculation, they have always claimed that he likes BMG, would be happy to stay there, is not prepared to return to Chelsea for anything other than a starting role and is expecting to take part in our pre season. I'd be surprised if he has any interest at all in Southampton, never mind a loan.

4 hours ago, milka said:

Chelsea have beaten Arsenal to the £50m signing of Virgil van Dijk. We've offered Andreas Christensen to Southampton in return [Mail]

Chelsea beat Arsenal to £50m Virgil van Dijk after Blues offer Andreas Christensen to Southampton in return (via @neilashton_) #CFC #AFC

The main question here being why would Christensen want to go to Southampton? Reeks of bs. 50 mill alone is overpriced for VVD.

18 hours ago, The Skipper said:

£50m AND Christensen on loan? He isn't worth that money, seriously...

According to reports its Zouma going on loan Christensen take his in place in the sq and buying a new cb as well 

50mill you having a giraffe , club will be right van dicks if they sign him for that , that ship sailed for me when he we went to Southampton for 11+ mill and another injured cb no thanks lets move on officer nothing to see here.

4 hours ago, the wes said:

I heard that aswell that's should a steal at £22m 

Yeah lets get Kyle Walker also , apparently he is offski 

1 minute ago, It's too big said:

Never got the big fuss with VVD. It's almost as if he's the new Maldini or something. He is a good Premier League defender, but one of the best in Europe I am dubious about. 

Well when fit he is one of three top CBs in PL, other two being Azpi and Alderweireld. You can throw Kos and Verthongen in there when they have good day. Verthongen is better than Aldo this year, but generaly speaking he is not. Kos makes some stupid mistakes too often to get in top 3. 

That said, he plays for Soton and will definately need to join bigger club to prove himself at next level and get recognition as one of best in europe. But he certainly has that ability to be one.

I agree 50m is too much, that Christensen deal is even worse. But 40m alone, I think he is worth the risk. 

Powerful CB who is also good on the ball, consistent past two seasons and leader. Perfect age too.

I do fear his recent injury might halt his progress, but before that I would take him in a heart beat. 

Luiz, Azpi, Cahill, Dijk, Christensen and either Ake/Zouma would be great to go next season. 

I hate how players like Belotti or Dijk are so expensive these days when they are not proven in europe, but neither was Eden and I see similar potential in those players, just different positions.

3 minutes ago, RoyalBlues said:

heard a rumour that he is verbally agreed to join the scouse

If this is true, then bullet well dodged. Means he has no ambition and aims too low.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You