Virgil Van Dijk

dkim2

3 hours ago, Thor said:

I don't really care how much we spend. We've seen the amount being paid for defenders and he is far better than a lot who went in that 35-60 mil range. 

The guy is the real deal. Get him on the team. We need a big presence, and simply need the numbers when one of our back 3 is suspended or injured. The list of players we have to alternate is very thin back there. 

I don't want this fella at all, so the price doesn't come into it for me.

In my opinion he is reasonably sound defensively but overrated in possession. Koulibally has signed a new contract, and is presumedly more out of reach than ever now, but van Dijk is a poor alternative.

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way I look at it is theres only been 3 or 4 players in our recent history that we have all agreed was a great player and most of the others had their good and bad points,

But Conte has a history of puttung together excellent defences, Our current one is a perfect example.

So I reckon if he says that he wants the guy, whether hes £6mill or £60 mill then we do what we can to get the guy!

6 hours ago, Unionjack said:

But Conte has a history of puttung together excellent defences, Our current one is a perfect example.

So I reckon if he says that he wants the guy, whether hes £6mill or £60 mill then we do what we can to get the guy!

Exactly my thoughts too. A lot of people were bashing Conte for signing Luiz, but look how that turned out. I trust him 100% with the transfers.

Jose Fonte has handed in a transfer request at Southampton...No chance Van Dijk moves in this window unless he follows by handing in a request and REALLY pushes for the move. Price just went up also. 

1 hour ago, akgw13 said:

Jose Fonte has handed in a transfer request at Southampton...No chance Van Dijk moves in this window unless he follows by handing in a request and REALLY pushes for the move. Price just went up also. 

Yeah, losing both would ruin an already struggling Southampton. Can't see them letting both go.

• 4 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Fernando said:

According to Mirror he is on our list for this summer of players to buy....

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-already-plotting-100m-summer-9739312

He would be a good buy, because of his one on one tackling, speed, height and passing. 

But if he's too hard to get, we should keep an eye out for Maguire of hull city. We all saw good he was in a back 3, carrying the ball out from the back against us and has long range shooting. He was impressive too against manutd twice in a week and is only 23. He could be a homegrown bargain 

Hope we make him our #1 defensive target. He'll be very difficult to sign because I'd bet that both Manchester clubs will be after him as well.

Luiz, Azpi, and VVD as a back 3 would be insane and have the perfect mix of all attributes.

8 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Hope we make him our #1 defensive target. He'll be very difficult to sign because I'd bet that both Manchester clubs will be after him as well.

Luiz, Azpi, and VVD as a back 3 would be insane and have the perfect mix of all attributes.

That means selling Christensen imo. I'd rather have Andreas. 

24 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

That means selling Christensen imo. I'd rather have Andreas. 

Has Andreas already proven himself in the PL in contrast to Virgil? 

As he is reported to be a target:

Hope this doesn't damage his abilities when he returns from the injury. Would be a good signing. 

13 hours ago, BoyBlue96 said:

Has Andreas already proven himself in the PL in contrast to Virgil? 

As he is reported to be a target:

Hope this doesn't damage his abilities when he returns from the injury. Would be a good signing. 

Hope it doesn't damage Southampton's ability to take points off our rivals.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You