Virgil Van Dijk

dkim2

5 minutes ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

No way we're losing 3 experienced defenders in one go. What's that? I can think maybe we can get rid of JT and Ivanovic but only because their contracts expire.

And what's with Alonso? Suddenly he doesn't play anywhere at all? Even if we sign better LWB then he will be valuable player for both wingback and centreback. No way guy who costed so much suddenly takes Ferreira role.

So we're with minimum 6 CBs. That's enough. 

I wouldn't mind losing all 3 if this means that Christiansen gets his chance ;) Everyone were roasting Cahill for his poor performances 2 months ago and now he is suddenly a God? No, he is still poor defender that can't play a proper pass out of the back and that's why we struggled to control the ball against City, Spurs and even WBA when they pressed us high :) Alonso is LWB and he is our first player on that position until we sign someone new to fight him :) 

We are doing great right now but we shouldn't rest on laurels. We need some more quality and quantity to compete in all competitions next year :) 

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, jernej93 said:

I wouldn't mind losing all 3 if this means that Christiansen gets his chance ;) Everyone were roasting Cahill for his poor performances 2 months ago and now he is suddenly a God? No, he is still poor defender that can't play a proper pass out of the back and that's why we struggled to control the ball against City, Spurs and even WBA when they pressed us high :) Alonso is LWB and he is our first player on that position until we sign someone new to fight him :) 

We are doing great right now but we shouldn't rest on laurels. We need some more quality and quantity to compete in all competitions next year :) 

I agree with the last part, all I want is to tell people that of all positions we think we need an upgrade, CB is least of our problems. A proper upgrade will cost a fortune and we should spend elsewhere first. 

Also Cahill is good player. Squad player but good in the right system. He is homegrown and costs very little on the books due to low fee and stay time. He also saved our run just last Sunday. Put some respect on your captain's name! 

45 minutes ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

I agree with the last part, all I want is to tell people that of all positions we think we need an upgrade, CB is least of our problems. A proper upgrade will cost a fortune and we should spend elsewhere first. 

Also Cahill is good player. Squad player but good in the right system. He is homegrown and costs very little on the books due to low fee and stay time. He also saved our run just last Sunday. Put some respect on your captain's name! 

Nah fam, I disagree. Proper Buildup play is too important for top footballing sides. Cahill will always be a liability when tasked with the responsibility of passing from the back. He's a great squad option like you said, but should be relied upon for rotation/injury purposes, not as an undisputed started in the Fist XI. 

Yes CM is another massive liability, but Chelse have more than enough resources to address both issues at the same time, especially given that Oscar money. 

I know we also have Zouma/Christensen, but competition breeds excellence. Sometimes you have to buy first, and ask questions later. 

If Van Dijk is available in January, Chelsea gotta be all over him. 

8 hours ago, Fernando said:

Definitely, I'm a big fan of him now. 

I wonder if Everton would sell....

That's Gaya, of Valencia.  I like him too. Gotta say, I think he would be a perfect fit for our side, assuming further use of wingbacks.  Gaya could be the type of player that RM or Barca buy. I would consider buying him ASAP.

Now, if you asked me about buying GANA and GAYA, I might be bouncing off the walls --but Everton don't want to sell.

6 hours ago, The Skipper said:

For LWB I would love Kurzawa, Grimaldo or even a hipster option like Jordan Amavi from Aston Villa. 

I like Amavi too, but not seen enough of him yet. He and Souare arrived in the league in 2015, both interesting players with potential. 

15 hours ago, the wes said:

Gaya would be good upgrade 

I'm with you mate. Great playe. Very strong dender that loves going forward and would make a excellent help with Edens lack of defending skills.

I say we use the Oscar money on him ASAP cause ya just know that Shitty are gonna be all over him and every other defender going.,

With Gaya and Djik it would be a hellova strong defence.

2 hours ago, Unionjack said:

I'm with you mate. Great playe. Very strong dender that loves going forward and would make a excellent help with Edens lack of defending skills.

I say we use the Oscar money on him ASAP cause ya just know that Shitty are gonna be all over him and every other defender going.,

I don't follow La Liga or Valencia that much but probably his poor ratings are connected with overall poor form by Valencia? 

He should be available in January because they are close to relegation zone ;)

2 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Did he improve or what? Last time I was watching regulary about two years ago, he wasnt as good defender and Valencia started playing him as winger ahead of fullback in every match against better opponent. 

He was good forward tho...

2 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Did he improve or what? Last time I was watching regulary about two years ago, he wasnt as good defender and Valencia started playing him as winger ahead of fullback in every match against better opponent. 

He was good forward tho...

He looks lightweight to me and a bit flashy.  A lot of his game seems to be about beating his man. That's a good bonus to have on top of your basic game, but when it is your basic game that, in my opinion, is a problem if you are projected to play as a wingback.

15 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

He looks lightweight to me and a bit flashy.  A lot of his game seems to be about beating his man. That's a good bonus to have on top of your basic game, but when it is your basic game that, in my opinion, is a problem if you are projected to play as a wingback.

He's lightweight, yes, but maybe he can work as a wingback.

I feel pretty certain that Conte is not only an excellent tactician and manager, but also he knows what to look for to improve our side at FB/WB and CM.

I love this potential change because it's in those areas that we've been lacking at Chelsea for years.  It's also what prevents us from becoming a top contender in all competitions. Will probably be looking for a new winger/RF in the summer.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't really care how much we spend. We've seen the amount being paid for defenders and he is far better than a lot who went in that 35-60 mil range. 

The guy is the real deal. Get him on the team. We need a big presence, and simply need the numbers when one of our back 3 is suspended or injured. The list of players we have to alternate is very thin back there. 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You