Virgil Van Dijk

dkim2

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Totally unrealistic price, and if that figure is right we won't pay it.

We could get Ben Gibson for half of that and he's every bit as good, and I say that with confidence after watching both all season.

Ehhhh. Van Dijk is much better, I think. Think VVD has absolutely everything in his locker to be a dominant, top class CB at any big club.

£60m is of course absolutely ridiculous and we'd likely never pay that, but he's going to be very expensive. Stones for £50m has probably changed the market for a CB forever. And I'd have Van Dijk ahead of Stones 10 times out of 10.

9 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Ehhhh. Van Dijk is much better, I think. Think VVD has absolutely everything in his locker to be a dominant, top class CB at any big club.

£60m is of course absolutely ridiculous and we'd likely never pay that, but he's going to be very expensive. Stones for £50m has probably changed the market for a CB forever. And I'd have Van Dijk ahead of Stones 10 times out of 10.

Gibson this season has been a golden light in a tragic season for Boro. His distribution with both feet has been first class, his reading of the game is absolute quality, his timing of tackles is superb and he will be a main stay of the England back line for years to come, I promise.

We all questioned the Alonso signing last season but maybe in this instance I'm seeing something in Gibson we all missed in Alonso. I'm not certain we will go for Gibson but we could do a hell of a lot worse I'm telling you, not only that but his price will probably a realistic figure and not something stupid like for what is being spoken about for VvD.

On 5/17/2017 at 2:03 PM, Special Juan said:

Totally unrealistic price, and if that figure is right we won't pay it.

We could get Ben Gibson for half of that and he's every bit as good, and I say that with confidence after watching both all season.

Spot on man

#Chelsea’s primary target is Virgil van Dijk though Southampton maintain they want more than £50million for the Dutch centre-back. [Mail]

As talks continue with Southampton, who are expected to sack manager Claude Puel soon, #Chelsea are weighing up all options. [Mail]

#Chelsea want at least one new CB while Conte will also assess Christensen to see if he can go straight into his first team squad. [Mail]

Stones 2, Koulibaly 3... I don't believe his worth is that much, but if we are willing to pay the sum for him and Conte really wants him in the team, better get him asap, I'm fed up with transfer sagas about new CB.

16 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Yeah this might be another Stones saga. 

Everton are a pretty big club with new, rich ownership so they could play hardball over players and hold out for huge money. Not sure Southampton can keep a player if a huge offer comes in and the player wants to leave.

I've seen on Twitter today that Klopp really likes him and that he "may be interested" in working with Klopp. Would be pretty bad if we miss out on our supposed #1 choice CB target to fucking Liverpool. Can't imagine he'd choose them over us if we both actually bid.

1 minute ago, the wes said:

Manchester City fear they will be forced to pay more than £50m to sign Southampton centre-back Virgil van Dijk, according to Sky sources.

Like they give a shit.

Already spent 100 million so far. 

Manchester City beat Liverpool and #Chelsea to £60million signing of Southampton defender Virgil van Dijk. [Mirror]

Despite overtures from Liverpool & #Chelsea, City have blown their rivals out of the water by making a mammoth offer to Van Dijk. [Mirror]

Van Dijk is set to trouser over £200,000-a-week in a monster five-year deal that will make him the world's most expensive defender. [Mirror]

Insane. Don't think we'll ever be able (or willing, maybe) to compete finincially with the Manchester clubs going forward. Unlike us, they're willing to just pay whatever it takes. We have to be efficient and calculated if we want to remain on top next season. 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You