Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Virgil Van Dijk

dkim2
Followers 3

This isn't 2000s that you can buy for 20-30m. Some players you just have to pay big. That's how it works these days. Go big or stay home.

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who says we're interested? These sources are pure nonsense too, so I'm not believing anything any more until it's 100% guaranteed and a legit source reports these things. The Mirror, Sun, Metro, FootballItalia, Mail, Guardian, Telegraph, they're all unreliable as far as i'm concerned. 

1 hour ago, It's too big said:

Who says we're interested? These sources are pure nonsense too, so I'm not believing anything any more until it's 100% guaranteed and a legit source reports these things. The Mirror, Sun, Metro, FootballItalia, Mail, Guardian, Telegraph, they're all unreliable as far as i'm concerned. 

Am the same until they sign on that dotted line I don't believe any off the Crap these newspapers post. One min morata has agreed personal terms then 2 hours later same paper says he's happy and is staying 

38 minutes ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

And I thought two weeks ago that this deal is wrapped up. There's no single one deal in the world that Chelsea could close early instead of dragging it close to deadline.

City are making quick business because they face a transfer-ban from the FIFA...

16 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Why arent we pursuing Toby Alderweireld, if the rumors of him having a 25 release clause is true.

Because the rumour is not true? If it was, you would have expected many sides to jumps on him from the start.

2 hours ago, Dahnald said:

City are making quick business because they face a transfer-ban from the FIFA...

Where did you hear that from?

3 hours ago, Stats said:

Where did you hear that from?

A journalist reported it on Twitter. Because they perpetrated the rules about signing youth players or something. 

Also,

Fucking hell. 

Arguably the best CB in the league when fit. Has all the tools to become a world class player. Their captain and talisman Kompany was finally fit and in great form at the end of this season so I don't know where the possible signing of VVD leaves him. Or Otamendi who is pretty good. They won't be very happy being bit part players.

It's mind boggling to think of the amount of money City have spent just on CB's in recent years. If they sign Van Dijk, Walker, and Mendy they'll have a fucking scary team.

39 minutes ago, Dahnald said:

A journalist reported it on Twitter. Because they perpetrated the rules about signing youth players or something. 

Also,

Fucking hell. 

They are banned from signing U18 players. Not first team players.

3 hours ago, Stats said:

They are banned from signing U18 players. Not first team players.

Okay. I swear I read that they could get the same penalty Atletico Madrid got. (Hopefully that happens)

2 minutes ago, the wes said:

Chelsea look set to miss out on Virgil van Dijk to Liverpool with betting suspended

http://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/transfer-news/chelsea-look-set-miss-out-13141179

I like him as a player, but the costs being reported are out of control. Hopefully this leads to us looking at Christensen and giving him a real chance. 

Looks like all the journalists have been briefed. Liverpool of all clubs paying £60m for a player, nevermind a CB, is something I never thought I'd see.

I can only hope that we were never truly interested because losing what was rumored to be our primary CB target to fucking Liverpool is embarrassing otherwise.

Sky sources understand that Liverpool are committed to completing a move for Southampton defender Virgil van Dijk.

19 hours ago, Dahnald said:

Okay. I swear I read that they could get the same penalty Atletico Madrid got. (Hopefully that happens)

It's a different case.

City, along with The FA and FIFA, have been taken to The Court of Arbitration for Sport over the transfer of a 16 year old Argentinian. The case is due to be heard on July 3rd. If any punishment follows from the proceedings then I doubt it will come into effect for many months. Even then, I suppose it is far more likely to be financial, rather than sporting. Anyway, I suspect the Manchester club, The FA, and FIFA, will be found to have applied the regulations correctly.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-soccer-england-mci-cas-idUKKBN18T0FI

Manchester City will face a hearing at the Court of Arbitration of Sport (CAS) on July 3 over the English club's signing of teenager Benjamin Garre from Argentine side Velez Sarsfield.

Velez filed a complaint with FIFA in September alleging that City broke transfer rules and approached Garre in Argentina while he was 15 years old and signed him soon after his 16th birthday.

The complaint was dismissed as Garre has an Italian passport and FIFA allows the transfer of minors between clubs in European Union countries but Velez officials claim that the rule was invalid as Garre played for an Argentine club.

"We're angry because City came after our player, we said no and they took him anyway. That's not good behaviour between two clubs," Bernardo Bertelloni, club secretary of Velez told The Times.

"He (Garre) left here a couple of days before his 16th birthday, he spent a few days in Germany and he entered England one day after his 16th birthday.

"Man City argued that there is an exception in the FIFA rules... But the FIFA rule does not say that, it says he can move only within the EU, between EU clubs."

The English Football Association (FA) and FIFA are also listed in the dispute Velez are taking to the Swiss authority.

Should City be found guilty, they are likely to face a standard transfer ban that prohibits them from registering new players for a certain number of transfer windows.

Spanish side Atletico Madrid had their two-window transfer ban for signing minors upheld by CAS on Thursday, while their Spanish rivals Barcelona and Real Madrid also served bans for transfer violations.

36 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Looks like all the journalists have been briefed. Liverpool of all clubs paying £60m for a player, nevermind a CB, is something I never thought I'd see.

I can only hope that we were never truly interested because losing what was rumored to be our primary CB target to fucking Liverpool is embarrassing otherwise.

I actually think we were because sources like The Telegraph (Matt Law) has been linking him to us for months. 

It's not happening. And so is Sanchez, Tolisso (Bayern want him) etc. I have to say, I become increasingly frustrated by our transfer policy for the past 4 years. From the moment we lost the FA Cup final, I thought the club was going to make moves for new players ASAP, because of all the rumors about the club wanting to reward Conte with transfers and a new contract. Might even be the reason he hasn't signed a new contract yet. 

Our current squad is absolutely not good enough to get past the UCL group stages. 

If Liverpool complete this signing, we have to be done waiting. 

• Jase locked this topic
  • Jase unlocked this topic