The Conte Thread

19 minutes ago, Jas said:

What Spurs could do though is sell Kane to City and then get Lukaku from Inter for potentially less than what they sell Kane for and use the remaining money to bolster 1-2 positions. 

Yeah, if Levy is smart enough. 

Conte will definitely get them back into top 4, that is a guarantee, he is a winner. What comes after that ie. once he has achieved his INITIAL target? We all know that, Inter knows that, his ego takes over and we will watch it burn.

10 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

What the fuck man, Conte dont you dare ffs......other than that I can 100% say this aint gonna end well for everybody.

The man has no loyalty, that’s been shown before, so no need to anybody. Serial winner. Hopefully prices himself out of the move.

13 minutes ago, DH1988 said:

The man has no loyalty, that’s been shown before, so no need to anybody. Serial winner. Hopefully prices himself out of the move.

The man is not in need of money, he would much rather want money for players etc

1 hour ago, DH1988 said:

Conte will definitely get them back into top 4, that is a guarantee, he is a winner. What comes after that ie. once he has achieved his INITIAL target? We all know that, Inter knows that, his ego takes over and we will watch it burn.

Yeah he will make them compete again in the short term but I still smell 0 titles for them under Conte.They won't go far in Europe, apart from 2018 he usually fucks up the cups and most importantly he will make them buy some average washed out players, maybe bringing along vidal and Perisic and leave them with a burned out old squad on a huge wage bill for another decade of mediocrity when he leaves 2 years later.

hace 1 hora, DH1988 dijo:

To be fair, its not as if he has the pick of jobs. If you want to work these days without waiting forever you have to break allegiances, simple as that. 

Its not a lack of loyalty for instance as much as it is a lack of other opportunities as well. Plus we sacked him so its not as if he left on good terms is it? Thats maybe a motivation. As it would of been for Jose to go to United and Spurs also to try one up us and then United no? 

Players are the same now but in general, loyalty is hard to come by because clubs will bin a player/manager as quickly as something goes wrong/it doesn’t quite go well in some instances. I mean I have no doubts that the “Kevin de Bruyne and Mo Salah Chelsea reject talk” or whatever people wanted to use would of influenced their decisions to sign for big rivals of ours perhaps as well as wanting to prove them wrong. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

Conte will happily go to Spurs I reckon. His relationship with Chelsea broke down so much I'm sure a rivalry wouldn't bother him

No denying it would be a big statement appointment but without adequate funding Conte is going to find far more frustration ahead than he did at Inter and Chelsea.

hace 8 minutos, milka dijo:

Conte will happily go to Spurs I reckon. His relationship with Chelsea broke down so much I'm sure a rivalry wouldn't bother him

No denying it would be a big statement appointment but without adequate funding Conte is going to find far more frustration ahead than he did at Inter and Chelsea.

Yes and no for me. 

If we are honest, he didn’t really want David Luiz (Bonucci was first choice wasnt he?), Marcos Alonso (Alex Sandro), Michy Batshuayi (surely couldn’t of been first choice) and Ngolo Kante (he wanted someone else but at least we got him 😉) as first choices but got them and won a league title with them as he had good players in other positions also.

Say Spurs keep Kane they’ve got him, Son, Ndombele, Regullion, Lo Celso and Hoijberg which isn’t the worst basis to start with. In fact probably playing with a 343 or 352 is what might unlock a way for them to get all those players in the same team.

I do agree re finances though, unless Spurs change their model and get a few big players in he isn’t do anything as amazing as what he did here or at Inter that but top 4 should be achievable. He is probably one of the best coaches at stamping his identity on a team in a short period of time though but again there is a lot of deadwood and they need a new GK, 2 new CBs and a RB at least.

Edited by OneMoSalah

10 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Conte always wants big signings, match that with tightwad Levy. No chance of this happening.

I'm not sure about this he got the likes of Ashley Young, Moses, Kolarov wanted the likes of Giroud, Vidal, Alonso he usually wants whatever he thinks fits his team no matter if they are expensive or cheap.

Edited by R2D2

Are people really surprised/shocked that Conte could go to Spurs even though he managed us?

This is the same person who had/has an allegiance with Juventus, having played there for almost his entire career as a player and managed them as well, but then went to manage their arch rivals Inter Milan. 

9 minutes ago, R2D2 said:

I'm not sure about this he got the likes of Ashley Young, Moses, Kolarov wanted the likes of Giroud, Vidal, Alonso he usually wants whatever he thinks fits his team no matter if they are expensive or cheap.

Or old for that matter. He is mostly bothered about the short term only. 

2 minutes ago, Jas said:

Are people really surprised/shocked that Conte could go to Spurs even though he managed us?

This is the same person who had/has an allegiance with Juventus, having played there for almost his entire career as a player and managed them as well, but then went to manage their arch rivals Inter Milan. 

I don't even understand why people are bitter he could manage another PL team, he managed us for just 2 seasons it's not like was here for 10 years, I'm ok with him going to Spurs better there than United.