The Conte Thread

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

You seem to never sleep. What's your secret? I'm going to need that skill very soon. 

I am sure I have discussed this before on here, just not lately

🦾

since I was a a baby I have barely slept more than  a couple hours a day (usually an hour or less, and I can go days with no sleep)

my complete REM cycle is vastly faster than a normal person's

I have been to so many doctors, including world-class neurologists in London and Paris and Hong Kong over the 28 and a half (almost exactly) years I have been on the planet

general consensus is there is nothing adverse coming from it, and nothing they can do about it anyway

It is why I get so much done, I have an extra 6, 7 or so hours a day

only downside is I also have (very rare) narcoleptic events

have not had one in ages thank fuck

there are more like me out there, many more

wifey is quite used to it, and leaves me lists of shit to do whilst she sleeps, ffs (and she can SLEEP, lolol, holy fuck)

Edited by Vesper

6 hours ago, Vesper said:

I am sure I have discussed this before on here, just not lately

🦾

since I was a a baby I have barely slept more than  a couple hours a day (usually an hour or less, and I can go days with no sleep)

my complete REM cycle is vastly faster than a normal person's

I have been to so many doctors, including world-class neurologists in London and Paris and Hong Kong over the 28 and a half (almost exactly) years I have been on the planet

general consensus is there is nothing adverse coming from it, and nothing they can do about it anyway

It is why I get so much done, I have an extra 6, 7 or so hours a day

only downside is I also have (very rare) narcoleptic events

have not had one in ages thank fuck

there are more like me out there, many more

wifey is quite used to it, and leaves me lists of shit to do whilst she sleeps, ffs (and she can SLEEP, lolol, holy fuck)

Wow.  You are like some of the greats. 

Leonardo da Vinci's sleep schedule included 20-minute naps every four hours.

Da Vinci followed an extreme form of a polyphasic sleep schedule called the Uberman sleep cycle, which consists of 20-minute naps every four hours.

This unconventional sleep cycle may have given the artist/inventor/scientist more awake time during his days, but could have also made it difficult for him to work on long-term projects.

Inventor Nikola Tesla never slept for more than two hours a day.

Tesla got more out of the day with his limited sleep schedule. Like Da Vinci, Telsa also followed the Uberman sleep cycle and claimed to never sleep for more than two hours a day and reportedly once worked for 84 hours in a lab without any rest or sleep.

"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success ... Such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything," he said.

DOF will be hit or miss, ultimately, smart by Levy as it takes the flak away from him on transfers. Don’t get me wrong, the guy made some good calls on transfers, but also some awful ones. Give me 10 transfers and I’m sure I’d get some right.......right? 😆

Anyway, I back TT to outsmart any manager now. Realistically Spurs will play back 3, be more solid and play effective football.. but that’s not the Spurs way right? 🤣 

7 minutes ago, DH1988 said:

DOF will be hit or miss, ultimately, smart by Levy as it takes the flak away from him on transfers. Don’t get me wrong, the guy made some good calls on transfers, but also some awful ones. Give me 10 transfers and I’m sure I’d get some right.......right? 😆

Anyway, I back TT to outsmart any manager now. Realistically Spurs will play back 3, be more solid and play effective football.. but that’s not the Spurs way right? 🤣 

Spurs are so barren I dont think they give a fuck, they wanna play with the big boys and they see themselves as elite now, twats.

13 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Spurs are so barren I dont think they give a fuck, they wanna play with the big boys and they see themselves as elite now, twats.

I just think they don’t ‘tolerate’ a non attacking brand, that’s the excuse they used with Jose toward the end, it’s fine when you’re winning, but as soon as things go south everybody jumps on the bandwagon and I think it’ll be Conte’s downfall mixed with his ego.

19 minutes ago, DH1988 said:

I just think they don’t ‘tolerate’ a non attacking brand, that’s the excuse they used with Jose toward the end, it’s fine when you’re winning, but as soon as things go south everybody jumps on the bandwagon and I think it’ll be Conte’s downfall mixed with his ego.

Yup at some point its gonna end in tears, Conte will do well for them, probably win a cup here and there but it will end badly.

If Conte does end up at Spurs, think there are few things that won't work in his favor, even if he does galvanize the players:

1. He won't have much money to spend at all (and Spurs do have some dross in their squad) and if his history is anything to go by, we know he'll kick up a fuss and end up leaving or getting the sack while potentially dragging Spurs down. Also doubt he would suddenly look into using youth players when he only wants immediate success.

2. He won't have the surprise factor anymore with his back 3 system like he did in 2016/17. His success with us then has led to more teams using the back 3 and a lot of teams now are capable of coping with the back 3. We also saw what happened in 2017/18 when his back 3 became too predictable to play against.

3. He might not be able to get the consistency out of Spurs and work on his tactics etc as much as he wants with them being in Europe next season. Apart from his Juventus, he has not been great in the league when he has had midweek European fixtures to contend with. We saw it in 2017/18, the first season with Inter and in the first half of this past season with them. They also don't really have the squad quality/depth to compete on multiple fronts. 

hace 5 minutos, Jas dijo:

If Conte does end up at Spurs, think there are few things that won't work in his favor, even if he does galvanize the players:

1. He won't have much money to spend at all (and Spurs do have some dross in their squad) and if his history is anything to go by, we know he'll kick up a fuss and end up leaving or getting the sack while potentially dragging Spurs down. Also doubt he would suddenly look into using youth players when he only wants immediate success.

2. He won't have the surprise factor anymore with his back 3 system like he did in 2016/17. His success with us then has led to more teams using the back 3 and a lot of teams now are capable of coping with the back 3. We also saw what happened in 2017/18 when his back 3 became too predictable to play against.

3. He might not be able to get the consistency out of Spurs and work on his tactics etc as much as he wants with them being in Europe next season. Apart from his Juventus, he has not been great in the league when he has had midweek European fixtures to contend with. We saw it in 2017/18, the first season with Inter and in the first half of this past season with them. They also don't really have the squad quality/depth to compete on multiple fronts. 

Yep have to agree. Will last 18 months or 2 seasons max, which isn’t the worst if he manages to do something there as they are dying out for a trophy of some sort. I can’t disagree with Spurs trying to chase some sort of short term achievement considering the tome they spent doing the long term building with Poch and nothing really came bar a CL runners up.

I think at the same time Spurs and Conte will be a potentially very good match for a season or 18 months though, especially if he keeps Kane. I really think if he plays 352 and can get guys like Lo Celso, Ndombele and the boy  they signed from Southampton to gel they’ve got a really solid base in there with a lot of physicality, power and very decent technical attributes. I mean I have been a fan of Lo Celso from his spell at Real Betis and I am shocked its not gone to plan for him yet at Spurs. Ndombele as well has struggled with consistency but has certainly shown this season at times he has real quality, I think he would be a Rolls-Royce in a 433/352 with 2 players next to him that can really get around the pitch in that zone in front of the middle of the pitch and maybe give him that little bit more freedom to go and hurt teams. But again this is Conte so probably wont happen there will be lots of “suffering” 😂

It will be interesting thats for sure. I reckon he has got a lot yet to give even if other clubs/teams will know what to expect. Even here, his back 3, he played it with Italy and with Juventus, it wasn’t exactly alien for anyone who knew of him. Plus the good managers even if people know what to expect, the coaching makes the difference. I think its fair to say Conte is of the calibre. Whether or not Spurs will be able to provide him the squad or at least 3/4 top players to reinvigorate that squad this summer, is difficult to say.

Conte's way of playing 343 is much different than how TT does it, but he will still do damage with Spurs though they have a horse shit of a squad and as Jason said he wont have much cash to play with.....still I rather not see him in Eng to be honest, he was special to us.

26 minutes ago, Jas said:

Assuming this is true, I don't know what both parties were expecting really, especially Spurs...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/06/04/antonio-contes-move-tottenham-hits-stumbling-block-italian-concerned/

Tottenham Hotspur have called off their interest in Antonio Conte over concerns from both parties about him succeeding Jose Mourinho as head coach.

Telegraph Sport understands that as Conte stalled over his fear that Tottenham could not match his ambition, the club became concerned about his demands and whether or not he would commit to offering chances to young players.

Spurs are now not following up on their interest in Conte, despite having made him their preferred target earlier this week and held two days of intensive talks with the Italian.

It is unclear whether or not Tottenham would change their stance if Conte altered his demands, but that was rated as unlikely on Friday night given his desire to restart his managerial career at a club where he believes he can win more trophies.