The Conte Thread

Not even sure Spurs is a realistic option considering his track record for ensuring control over transfers, which Spurs do not allow. One season and gone, though I think he will at least take them back to top 4. 

Everton? Almost want to laugh but realistically, what other clubs are free?

3 minutes ago, DH1988 said:

Not even sure Spurs is a realistic option considering his track record for ensuring control over transfers, which Spurs do not allow. One season and gone, though I think he will at least take them back to top 4. 

Everton? Almost want to laugh but realistically, what other clubs are free?

Only other club I can see now is PSG if Pochettino leaves. But on the flip side, it's Ligue 1. Will Conte be excited by the lack of competition in that league? 

5 minutes ago, Jas said:

Only other club I can see now is PSG if Pochettino leaves. But on the flip side, it's Ligue 1. Will Conte be excited by the lack of competition in that league? 

At this stage, clubs who have a project in mind will stay well clear and the guy is a winner, so it’s not like he has to accept something deemed beneath his stature as a coach. I still rate him very highly, his personality won me over, but at the same time it was the same thing that had me tired of him in the end.

2 minutes ago, Fernando said:

After Mourinh Mark 1 he was the best we had until TT. 

I do not want to see him in the PL as it will be hell against him. 

He will most likely end up in the PL sooner or later, just a matter of time I think.

hace 31 minutos, Jas dijo:

So, with Ancelotti back at Real Madrid, where next for Conte then?

How has someone who has got Everton a 12th place and 10th place finish wound up back at Madrid after spending nearly 100m, honestly what the fuck..... I think hes done at top level and hes similar to Zidane as well. 

I thought Conte would of been nailed on there so where hes going to go now is weird, maybe back to Italy after the Euros depending how they do maybe?

Also maybe now Carlo going back to Madrid opens up opportunities for Frank to be considered for Everton job? 😂

16 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

How has someone who has got Everton a 12th place and 10th place finish wound up back at Madrid after spending nearly 100m, honestly what the fuck..... I think hes done at top level and hes similar to Zidane as well. 

I thought Conte would of been nailed on there so where hes going to go now is weird, maybe back to Italy after the Euros depending how they do maybe?

Also maybe now Carlo going back to Madrid opens up opportunities for Frank to be considered for Everton job? 😂

Hope we draw them next season to be honest, Tuchel will eat Carlo alive tactically.

Seeing a manager I love at a club I utterly despise. 🤢🤢🤢

Spuds are literally the opposite kind of club that suits Conte, though. How is he going to work with Levy, I wonder? No CL football to lure top players (not that they would’ve gone there anyways) and a very restrictive budget even in the best of times. This feels like the same sort of Mourinho-like desperation gamble from Spuds. Where they get themselves a top manager who is just not the correct fit for their club model. 

Suppose they’ll have a considerably better shot at keeping hold of Kane with Conte, though. And maybe Bale will stay another season.

I find it hard to believe that Conte would go to Spurs when the main reason he left Inter was because they have no money to spend and Spurs don't have money to spend either. Even if they do get the money by selling Kane, which top class player exactly are they gonna buy in return? 

13 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

Conte could make Spurs finish in top 4 if they can keep both Kane and Son.

Don't think anyone is after Son, which is kinda surprising but as for Kane, does he want to settle for another season challenging for the Top 4? 

8 minutes ago, Jas said:

Don't think anyone is after Son, which is kinda surprising but as for Kane, does he want to settle for another season challenging for the Top 4? 

Probably not, but it isn't like Kane has any choice if Levy doesn't want to sell him.

1 minute ago, Blues Forever said:

Probably not, but it isn't like Kane has any choice if Levy doesn't want to sell him.

What Spurs could do though is sell Kane to City and then get Lukaku from Inter for potentially less than what they sell Kane for and use the remaining money to bolster 1-2 positions.