Gonzalo Higuain

BlueTillIDie

24 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I cannot believe we are not the ones buying Piatek

We are totally helping out a team (Juve) who has CONSTANTLY assfucked us for years

as well as empowering AC Milan

madness:rant:

We were never going to bring in a long term #9 in the winter window. Also, this is the first season that Piatek has burst on to the scene and has done so for a small club in a weak league. He could turn t to be a flash in the pan, one season wonder like so many have before. I doubt our club want to make another big mistake on a striker.

Higuain has proven himself over the years and has worked with our manager before to great success. The club wanted what is hopefully a "sure thing" now as a stop gap. Then, once Morata and probably Giroud are moved out by summer we'll go after the long term solution which is hopefully Icardi.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I cannot believe we are not the ones buying Piatek

We are totally helping out a team (Juve) who has CONSTANTLY assfucked us for years

as well as empowering AC Milan

madness:rant:

Personally I think it's a huge risk paying 10 times the transfer fee someone moved for only 6 months ago.

He literally had a hot streak for about 10-12 games and has cooled off somewhat since. Plenty of players, but especially strikers, end up being one season wonders.

If he moves to Milan and pulls up trees, fair play to him. But I would view it as a big risk and would much rather see a player do it for a couple of seasons to prove it's not just a one off before sinking big money into them.

It all goes to show too that no player is perfect and everyone has their own ideas and positives/negatives to any transfer, so the club will never please everyone.

1 minute ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Personally I think it's a huge risk paying 10 times the transfer fee someone moved for only 6 months ago.

He literally had a hot streak for about 10-12 games and has cooled off somewhat since. Plenty of players, but especially strikers, end up being one season wonders.

If he moves to Milan and pulls up trees, fair play to him. But I would view it as a big risk and would much rather see a player do it for a couple of seasons to prove it's not just a one off before sinking big money into them.

It all goes to show too that no player is perfect and everyone has their own ideas and positives/negatives to any transfer, so the club will never please everyone.

Piatek was only actually my 5th choice, just still far more than Higuain (who, at least is only here on a loan I am led to believe)

Icardi

Dybala

Timo Werner

Jovic

Piatek

Haller

10 minutes ago, Pizy said:

We were never going to bring in a long term #9 in the winter window. Also, this is the first season that Piatek has burst on to the scene and has done so for a small club in a weak league. He could turn t to be a flash in the pan, one season wonder like so many have before. I doubt our club want to make another big mistake on a striker.

Higuain has proven himself over the years and has worked with our manager before to great success. The club wanted what is hopefully a "sure thing" now as a stop gap. Then, once Morata and probably Giroud are moved out by summer we'll go after the long term solution which is hopefully Icardi.

I can understand that, but still, I hate seeing AC Milan and Juve get let off the hook to a point. I guess Juve are still on it if we dont end up buying Higs after the loan period.

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

I can understand that, but still, I hate seeing AC Milan and Juve get let off the hook to a point. I guess Juve are still on it if we dont end up buying Higs after the loan period.

From what I have read (obviously cannot confirm) his loan deal will cost us £1.5m per month, which does seem to tie in with Milan's original loan for this season being about £18m.

I'm pretty sure Higuain's contract expires in the summer of 2020 so I would assume unless there is some sort of deal brokered, if he was a success and we wanted him to stay we'd just loan him again next season and play things then a season at a time.

9 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Piatek was only actually my 5th choice, just still far more than Higuain (who, at least is only here on a loan I am led to believe)

Icardi

Dybala

Timo Werner

Jovic

Piatek

Haller

Icardi, Dybala and to a lesser extent Werner are big name players. Unless something crazy happened they aren't going to move in January. 

I would be surprised if Icardi or Dybala moved full stop to be honest. Icardi's current situation just feels like a way to get a fatter contract and he isn't really interested in moving. And if I was Dybala would I want to move from Juventus??

Jovic and Haller I would say are a bit further along than Piatek, I'd like to see them finish the second half of this season and see how they keep going. But Jovic is on loan anyway so that's also a move that wouldn't happen until his future is resolved with Frankfurt. From the fairly limited amount I've seen of them, Jovic I rate a lot higher than Haller.

For me Werner would be the ace this summer. He's a perfect mixture of young but with a lot of experience playing at the highest level in Europe, Bundesliga and internationally. And to top it off, he'll move below his market value with his contract winding down. If he is prepared to move outside his comfort zone of Germany (and the clutches of Bayern) I'd like to think Chelsea would view him as a really attractive target for the summer.

For now though, in terms of low risk with the experience and previous pedigree where he could very easily come in and make an instant impact (and his world standing and reputation will immediately make opponents take notice), I don't see a better option this month than Higuain on loan and assuming it all goes through without hitches, I think the club will have done well to negotiate such a deal.

2 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Icardi, Dybala and to a lesser extent Werner are big name players. Unless something crazy happened they aren't going to move in January. 

I would be surprised if Icardi or Dybala moved full stop to be honest. Icardi's current situation just feels like a way to get a fatter contract and he isn't really interested in moving. And if I was Dybala would I want to move from Juventus??

Jovic and Haller I would say are a bit further along than Piatek, I'd like to see them finish the second half of this season and see how they keep going. But Jovic is on loan anyway so that's also a move that wouldn't happen until his future is resolved with Frankfurt. From the fairly limited amount I've seen of them, Jovic I rate a lot higher than Haller.

For me Werner would be the ace this summer. He's a perfect mixture of young but with a lot of experience playing at the highest level in Europe, Bundesliga and internationally. And to top it off, he'll move below his market value with his contract winding down. If he is prepared to move outside his comfort zone of Germany (and the clutches of Bayern) I'd like to think Chelsea would view him as a really attractive target for the summer.

For now though, in terms of low risk with the experience and previous pedigree where he could very easily come in and make an instant impact (and his world standing and reputation will immediately make opponents take notice), I don't see a better option this month than Higuain on loan and assuming it all goes through without hitches, I think the club will have done well to negotiate such a deal.

I agree on all of this. I was just pissed ro see a major option come off the summer board in Piątek, when supposedly he was not going to be allowed to move till then.

Juve were the ones (stupidly I think) who were sending out trial balloons over Dybala.

This summer will be go time for Werner and Icardi. I was never under any delusions we could grab beither one now, in January. If we dont get Icardi, I just hope against hope he renews with Inter. I would hate to see him at Manure (disaster) or Real or PSG or Barca or the worst, Victimpool.

5 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I agree on all of this. I was just pissed ro see a major option come off the summer board in Piątek, when supposedly he was not going to be allowed to move till then.

Juve were the ones (stupidly I think) who were sending out trial balloons over Dybala.

This summer will be go time for Werner and Icardi. I was never under any delusions we could grab beither one now, in January. If we dont get Icardi, I just hope against hope he renews with Inter. I would hate to see him at Manure (disaster) or Real or PSG or Barca or the worst, Victimpool.

I wouldn't be against Icardi moving to Madrid if he wasn't interested in coming here.

Real Madrid aren't going to buy everyone and for every big, expensive signing they make, it increases the chances of them not prioritising Hazard and thus us keeping hold of him.

11 hours ago, !Hazard! said:

We really have to tho. Chilwell could be the perfect fit (talented+skilful+good defender+young+HG English)

The board and Sarri both think we have close to the best LB in Europe. We will bring in some scrub who the punters will demand to be played and Sarri will laugh and light up a fag.

2defe2cf0893f9de37dca4dbb0403d9e.png

Higuain is a much better dribbler than Piatek and also the better passer.And bear in mind Genoa is a counter-attacking team which is the complete opposite of the way we play.

Piatek should first prove himself at a team like Milan before moving to a top team.Couple of years ago Belotti was scoring for fun but he never hit the same form.

You guys know this Alfredo Pedula is just trolling?

The other day he took pic of two random guys from the back and said Higuain and Sarri in london :D

He knows jackshit about Paredes or Higuain, althrough it looks Higuain is very possible.

3 hours ago, Vesper said:

I doubt we will buy him, depending on what the agreed fee is.  If it's small, and he's scoring, then maybe as a back-up (by then).  Juve paid 100M for him (or close to, whatever it was), got 2 seasons out of him, and now we have him on loan for up to 18 months (and it's up to us if we want to keep him).  I'm not sure how much we're actually letting Juve off the hook, but I don't know the fee we are paying for his loan.  I do like that if it's not in our best interests to do so, he's gone after 6 months.  

10 hours ago, Pizy said:

Mate I'm pretty sure 95% of us do plus most supporters at every other team in Europe.

I would give anything to get him even Eden but do you really think we have a chance at him? IF we were THINKING of going for Icardi why not get him or at least show intent now - even give him back like we did Pully?

Theres a very slim chance of us ever buying a world class striker.

We are currently TRYING to loan a 31 year old with a very good background. Yet the team that have loaned him currently are going to replace him (upgrade>) with a young striker in red hot form with what so many love to say on here 'POTENTIAL' to get even better.

We just cant attract that top class player unless we pay over the top - we do that for our deadwood. Our best option is to go for these hot young up n coming players. IMO anyways.

Give us a few names you think we should go for when we have tried for most of the summer window for Icardi?

37 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Mate I'm pretty sure 95% of us do plus most supporters at every other team in Europe.

I would give anything to get him even Eden but do you really think we have a chance at him? IF we were THINKING of going for Icardi why not get him or at least show intent now - even give him back like we did Pully?

Theres a very slim chance of us ever buying a world class striker.

We are currently TRYING to loan a 31 year old with a very good background. Yet the team that have loaned him currently are going to replace him (upgrade>) with a young striker in red hot form with what so many love to say on here 'POTENTIAL' to get even better.

We just cant attract that top class player unless we pay over the top - we do that for our deadwood. Our best option is to go for these hot young up n coming players. IMO anyways.

Give us a few names you think we should go for when we have tried for most of the summer window for Icardi?

oh come on, piatek is not comparable to higuain

the so-called potential of a player is not always corresponding to his actual value

different is the question about icardi, he is at top level for many years, but then again: his squad reaches a 4th place in the last 5 years as best result, so he is not a changing-squad player  

7 hours ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

I doubt we will buy him, depending on what the agreed fee is.  If it's small, and he's scoring, then maybe as a back-up (by then).  Juve paid 100M for him (or close to, whatever it was), got 2 seasons out of him, and now we have him on loan for up to 18 months (and it's up to us if we want to keep him).  I'm not sure how much we're actually letting Juve off the hook, but I don't know the fee we are paying for his loan.  I do like that if it's not in our best interests to do so, he's gone after 6 months.  

Thing I am finding strange is just why the deal has not gone thru yet after every Tom Dick and Harry supposedly with their ear to the ground said we were just waiting for his medical.

Now we get reports of Juve wanting Emerson in the deal and nothing has been finalized.

Juve are trying to take the piss. They know how desperate we are for a striker and just smell weakness and going to try to get as much as poss out of us they can. Infuriating.

Milan are even playing him.

Surely it has nothing to do with AC M. We are doing the deal with Juve. What would happen if Higs was to get injured today?

Just seems a very strange way to do business.

7 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

If he signs and scores the winner against Spurs i will completely lose my shit.

Beer around the living room the lot.

i wouldn't be surprised if he can't play, as he wasn't registered before the 1st leg. They often have these kind of rules