Gonzalo Higuain

BlueTillIDie

Sure beats 75m for Wilson.  Hopefully he can get on the same page as the rest of the team quickly and just give us that impetus we've been lacking up front the past month or two.  That should allow us to consolidate a top 4 finish which I thought was the main priority going into the season. 

Anything beyond that is great but that's really all I want or need from this deal.  Things will look much differently in the summer with CL football next fall.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Unusual for a manger of ours to get the striker he wants - Sarri will be blamed if he doesn't perform but his linkup play looks good as well as poaching

This could be as important as Anelka joining in Jan all those years ago or Fergie essentially signing van Persie just for one season.

Well, Drogba was wanted by Mourinho back in the day, Scolari bought Quaresma, Diego Costa was also wanted by Mourinho, and even Morata himself was wanted by Conte (Morata even said he moved to Chelsea because Conte wanted him since the Italian was  at charge in Juventus).

9 minutes ago, Henrique said:

Well, Drogba was wanted by Mourinho back in the day, Scolari bought Quaresma, Diego Costa was also wanted by Mourinho, and even Morata himself was wanted by Conte (Morata even said he moved to Chelsea because Conte wanted him since the Italian was  at charge in Juventus).

Thank god we didn't get Adriano for Scolari. Otherwise, we would have ended up selling Drogba!

Finger crossed Higuain doesn't get that number 9 jersey 🙁🙁 that number been a jinx back when Chris Sutton wear it the only player did a good job wearing the number was Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink

Just now, the wes said:

Finger crossed Higuain doesn't get that number 9 jersey 🙁🙁 that number been a jinx back when Chris Sutton wear it the only player did a good job wearing the number was Jimmy Floyd

Yeah there have been some flops -exceptions Vialli, Stein, Senor Ossie 

1 minute ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Remember mark Stein 😂 remember the goal he scored at the bridge against Spurs to make it 4-3 win 

3 minutes ago, the wes said:

Remember mark Stein 😂 remember the goal he scored at the bridge against Spurs to make it 4-3 win 

Mark Stein and John Spencer - Glenn Hoddle was acknowledged for bringing a new brand and style of football to the Bridge but there's possibly an argument that he had no choice keeping the ball on the deck with those two midgets up front.

8 hours ago, mccg said:

MERSE DOUBTS HIGUAIN PL PEDIGREE

Paul Merson has questioned Gonzalo Higuain’s pedigree to play in a key role in the Premier League ahead of his proposed move to Chelsea.

“I'm not sure on him," Merson said. "He was a great player but looks below his best of late.

“He hasn't pulled up trees for a while and now he's coming to the hardest league in the world.

"He won't have any time to adapt either as he needs to hit the ground running as Chelsea need someone to play as their focal point.

"I'd rather someone that has played in the Premier League before and knows what this league demands."

My concerns also...Sarri has nobody to blame if this goes pete tong 

If Merson is right then this argument should have prevented clubs signing Van Nistelrooy, Van Persie, Aguero, Suarez, Drogba, Bergkamp and so many more. As with so much else that Merson says, this is simplistic, and stupid, nonsense.

39 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

I'd argue Crespo wasn't a flop. Also a 'cursed number shirt' is for the weak minded. Telling you now someone like cr7 or Ibra was here on number 9 there would be no issue. 

1 hour ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Mark Stein and John Spencer - Glenn Hoddle was acknowledged for bringing a new brand and style of football to the Bridge but there's possibly an argument that he had no choice keeping the ball on the deck with those two midgets up front.

Furlong, too.  Fleck who was dross. Durie.  

25 minutes ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

Furlong, too.  Fleck who was dross. Durie.  

The fans today that think the likes of Morata and Torres are bad want to watch a video of Paul Furlong and Robert Fleck!

These two made Stein and Spencer look like Aguero.

Where I think the difference that Higs will make for us is putting away chances.

Theres no doubting whatsoever that we have created MANY chances this season that have simply gone begging.

Morata has had so so many opportunities that he may well have been at that 20 goal level already this season.

If Higs even puts away half of the chances that comes his way he will more than be worth the wages he gets.

8 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

If Merson is right then this argument should have prevented clubs signing Van Nistelrooy, Van Persie, Aguero, Suarez, Drogba, Bergkamp and so many more. As with so much else that Merson says, this is simplistic, and stupid, nonsense.

I think Merson's point was angled towards his age and decline  , all the players you have mentioned were alot younger and more agile , no doubt Merson would find your comments simplistic,stupid &nonsense lol , i would hazard a guess you hav'nt played in the premiership or England , so i would have thought Merson's point would carry maybe weight than yours? No doubt he would have better chance of success when in his prime .

8 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

"He was a great player but looks below his best of late.

“He hasn't pulled up trees for a while and now he's coming to the hardest league in the world