The Hiddink Thread

MefiX19

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not improving the squad is dropping back in any competitive league. As for the plastic comment, come on mate. Really? Leave that to the Arsenal and Liverpool fans, use a bit more imagination in future.

The squad is good enough for a CL position. Only cheque book fans like you would insist on spending a hundred million quid every season. There's something called smart purchases and the youth team to provide players.

By the way, you better get used to the club spending much less that your desired 100 million quid for the foreseeable future as ground development has taken priority.

The squad is good enough for a CL position. Only cheque book fans like you would insist on spending a hundred million quid every season. There's something called smart purchases and the youth team to provide players.

By the way, you better get used to the club spending much less that your desired 100 million quid for the foreseeable future as ground development has taken priority.

Cheque book fan? I use a credit card to pay for my season tickets but....wait, I see what you've done there. That's more like it.

We spend one third of what Cityy did in the summer and didn't make any world class additions to the squad. Any pundit will tell you that's not good enough to retain the league, even you say that.

I'm not asking for a specific amount simply a show of ambition and competence in our summer purchases.

Now try not to use insults because we're all Chelsea supporters aren't we?

Cheque book fan? I use a credit card to pay for my season tickets but....wait, I see what you've done there. That's more like it.

We spend one third of what Cityy did in the summer and didn't make any world class additions to the squad. Any pundit will tell you that's not good enough to retain the league, even you say that.

I'm not asking for a specific amount simply a show of ambition and competence in our summer purchases.

Now try not to use insults because we're all Chelsea supporters aren't we?

The club is operating with a stricter Budget than Man City and won't be making world class buys every summer.

Using Man City's spending as a benchmark is BS.

I am fed up of fans like you who insist on waving the cheque book every summer. So what if we don't win the title every season?

The club is operating with a stricter Budget than Man City and won't be making world class buys every summer.

Using Man City's spending as a benchmark is BS.

I am fed up of fans like you who insist on waving the cheque book every summer. So what if we don't win the title every season?

None of that changes the fact that we conceded the title in the summer when we allowed our rivals to strengthen without attempting to match them and even selling them key assets in Cech's case.

You can't are for progress and then not back it up with money. But I'm sorry you're getting fed up of fans like me. That makes me awfully sad this close to Christmas. Can we not make up?

There used to be a video on Youtube where he was giving a speech in Chukotka - just looked so I could link it here but it's gone.

He was speaking in Russian, he sounded extremely nervous and yeah, his voice was nothing like I expected - a bit high pitched and squeaky. :lol:

None of that changes the fact that we conceded the title in the summer when we allowed our rivals to strengthen without attempting to match them and even selling them key assets in Cech's case.

You can't are for progress and then not back it up with money. But I'm sorry you're getting fed up of fans like me. That makes me awfully sad this close to Christmas. Can we not make up?

You better get used to the fact that Chelsea will be spending a LOT less money than the likes of the Manchester clubs from now onwards. The transfer budget will be more akin to Arsenal's and Bayern Munich's.

Finances and the stadium is the priority now instead of expensive new players.

Which in itself is a great thing as it will force the club to do smarter scouting in unearthing up and coming players as well as integrate more of our promising youth players.

I don't need Chelsea to win the title, cups and the CL every season. All I wish to see is that they play positive football with a good blend of experience and youth players.

You better get used to the fact that Chelsea will be spending a LOT less money than the likes of the Manchester clubs from now onwards. The transfer budget will be more akin to Arsenal's and Bayern Munich's.

Which in itself is a great thing as it will force the club to do smarter scouting in unearthing up and coming players as well as integrate more of our promising youth players.

I don't need Chelsea to win the title, cups and the CL every season. All I wish to see is that they play positive football with a good blend of experience and youth players.

If the board starts expecting only this then the club is in danger of becoming like Arsenal. Arsenal wasn't able to find the balance between youth and experience though, that's why they are always floating around the top 4 spot, playing attractive football with alot of youth integration but never amounting to anything important. I think it's possible to do all of this and win titles, though the number of youths we integrate might not be as much. But really, players like RLC should seriously get a chance, that's a good place to start.

Except the money does seem to be there. The TV rights and sponsorship have gone through the roof yet we didn't seem to go for it in the summer. You might be happy with just competing but that's not the attitude we should have as a 'big' club. We should be looking to be the best we can be and you can call people chequebook fans even though you know nothing about them because they'll just laugh at you, but the expectations at this club are very high.

Yet the board didn't back the coach in the summer. That's the minimum we should be expecting, no?

If Hiddink gets us winning and brings through some youth I'm happy. I really, really, really, really want RLC, Aina, Kenedy, Ake, Christensen to come through.

Got to be Simeone post Hiddink. I hope he brings his scouting network with him too, Atleti would be a fucking powerhouse if they'd kept their players.

It's only insulting if you're looking to be insulted and want to misconstrue what I said. I compared their appointments, not their character, playing styles or anything else.

And yes I agree he's a natural leader, but I asked if he was coaching material. There have been many great leaders throughout our history and football in general but coaching requires more than that.

But thank you for explaining that Drogba is proper Chels. It's not like there's a banner pointing that out to me directly in front of my seats.

I don't think their appointments are very comparable tbh. At all. Simply because this group of players actually worked with Didier last season and that he's actually a CFC legend. Bolo is not.

Also, there was talk that Jose wanted him as a coach as well. I'm certain your reaction was different in that case.

I don't think their appointments are very comparable tbh. At all. Simply because this group of players actually worked with Didier last season and that he's actually a CFC legend. Bolo is not.

As I said earlier, this is a better version of that but I think that's probably there's all to be said about that. It's Christmas in a few day and obtuseness isn't on my list to Santa.

Also, there was talk that Jose wanted him as a coach as well. I'm certain your reaction was different in that case.

No, my reaction would've still been to question whether or not he actually had the tools to be a great coach or not. I honestly never thought he'd move into that area because I thought he'd go into politics or humanitarian work. He struck me more as a Beckham or Weah than a Neville or Guardiola.

I have very good memories of him and I think it was by far the best call to be the interim.

My question is how good have been his recent work? I didn't follow the Euro qualifiers, but to fail to qualify the Netherlands that finished 3rd in the WC last year seems a little underwhelming, but as I said, I didn't follow, don't even know who were in their group, so can you guys enlighten me in his 2 or 3 last works?

I have very good memories of him and I think it was by far the best call to be the interim.

My question is how good have been his recent work? I didn't follow the Euro qualifiers, but to fail to qualify the Netherlands that finished 3rd in the WC last year seems a little underwhelming, but as I said, I didn't follow, don't even know who were in their group, so can you guys enlighten me in his 2 or 3 last works?

Failed to qualify with Turkey and Netherlands for the Euro's of 2012 and 2016. Anzhi was so-so, below expectations .

But at Chelsea he will be a success, he's a relax guy + people manager and that's what players need after feeling so much pressure under Jose. Himself will also feel no pressure because it's only an interim role and he can't do any worse in the league. The January window is also coming, so he can fix some things that were needed to be fixed in the summer.

Also, the players feel they have something to prove after all the media stories and the last comments from Mourinho. And if the club can get Drogba as assistant, I can see this season finish surprisingly good, maybe a second FA cup for Hiddink, top 4 and far in the UCL?

If Hiddink gets us winning and brings through some youth I'm happy. I really, really, really, really want RLC, Aina, Kenedy, Ake, Christensen to come through.

Got to be Simeone post Hiddink. I hope he brings his scouting network with him too, Atleti would be a fucking powerhouse if they'd kept their players.

Agree but if Guus does really well then I don't see a reason why he couldn't stay.