The Hiddink Thread

MefiX19

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last time around when he took over from Scolari he switched the 4-3-3 to a 4-2-3-1 so its likely there wont be a formation switch.

says here, he used 433 with us

http://www.squawka.com/news/talking-tactics-four-tweaks-chelsea-can-expect-to-see-under-guus-hiddink/550158

Guus is the only acceptable choice and bringing Didier back is a smart move. Fuck knows if he has any ounce of coaching nous but it'll bring the mood around the club up.

But I have no idea what this means in the short and long term. Whose targets are we buying in January? Hiddink's? The manager we want in the summer? Emenalo's? What type of style of football are we building towards?

Emenalo said we're in trouble and he's right. He's a massive part of it.

We need a proper technical director.. Maybe Guus could move into that role?

Honestly, just changing the formation and mindset would help a lot. Then he can slowly build on top of it.

If Roman got us a markee ST and a CB we could try to reach for a FA Cup or something. Even if we dont finish top4.

our chelsea fc is pretty much fucked.

nobody wants to be a manager of chelsea and those who accept to be a manager for chelsea is the excitement of getting a nice paycheck and then getting sacked and getting a bigger paycheck when getting fired/sacked.

i really do love and like roman a, but i just want change and roman to leave and take his money.

i just want to see massive changes at the club.

i don't understand why rich billionaires and millionaires want to risk and waste their money on a sports team/sports club and losing money.

football/soccer is fucking dead. i am at my lowest point and i have lost so much interest in football/futbal/futbol/soccer/sackker/sockker.

edit : oops my bad i meant to post this in the who will be the next chelsea manager thread.

Guus Hiddink averaged 2.6 points-a-game in the Premier League as Chelsea boss in 2009 (34 pts out of 39 available).

If hiddink can do it again that point total I can't see why we cant get in the top 4 fingers crossed lads

Terry, Ballack, Cole, Lampard, Drogba.

Bring them back too and maybe.

It's worth noting that despite us being dogshit all season we are only six points behind Liverpool now (thanks Ake).

Leicester are doing amazing but its also worth mentioning Saints (although not as good as Leicester) were almost 20 points ahead of Liverpool at some point last season and finished below them, as great a story as it would be I can't see Leicester keeping it up even now.

Liverpool are easily catable, and if Spurs have an anual collapse and/or United keep LVG, if Hiddink can get the feel good factor going and the results coming we might, just might, be able to sneek 4th out of this, long shot but won't hurt to try.

This current group of players finished with more points last season than that 2008-2010 team. They are capable.

I'd argue that not only was the 2008 team better than this one, but the top English teams were too. We need significant investment in this squad but we also need to be moving in the right direction. With Jose we had a guy who knew where he wanted to go, even if some didn't like that. Unfortunately he was failed by the board this summer.

Now we don't have anyone leading this club in terms of its footballing philosophy. That is for me the biggest issue.

You figure Abramovich has a deep, manly voice or a soft, girly voice? I always imagined he has a Michael Jackson voice.

There used to be a video on Youtube where he was giving a speech in Chukotka - just looked so I could link it here but it's gone.

He was speaking in Russian, he sounded extremely nervous and yeah, his voice was nothing like I expected - a bit high pitched and squeaky. :lol: