The Hiddink Thread

MefiX19

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First game after sacking Scolari in 2009, Chelsea 3-1 Watford. Then Hiddink took over.

First game after sacking Mourinho in 2015, Chelsea 3-1 Sunderland. Then Hiddink took over.

Let's hope the end result will be the same as the first time around.

Holland matches Wilkins record of 100% wins

Aam I really the only one here who thinks these jokes are fucking shit

Watched some of Hiddink's presser, really likeable guy.

Stop being a buzz killington.

You want us to mourn and be miserable all the time?

Good sports these guys and their Emanolo pictures.

First game after sacking Scolari in 2009, Chelsea 3-1 Watford. Then Hiddink took over.

First game after sacking Mourinho in 2015, Chelsea 3-1 Sunderland. Then Hiddink took over.

Bro I dont want to relieve that Barcelona nightmare, up to now I still havent got over Overebo and that Iniesta last minute goal. Everything else besides that kind of heart break.

Nope. Let's get a decent ref against Barca this time around. :)

Longer than the season? Will Hiddink stay on: “As long as I feel desire, passion...I must feel inside my heart that I’m passionate to work with the guys.”

So there is a chance he stays for more than until the summer. If he does good and the teams gets decent results, I can't see why we shouldn't try keeping him. He's a likeable guy and I really like his pressers.

If I am recalling it correctly he said, "and hopefully a little bit longer than that [meaning beyond the last day of the league season]". In context I think he was just saying that he hopes we do well and still have football to play, i.e. a final, once the league is over. I'm pretty confident that is what he was saying.

If I am recalling it correctly he said, "and hopefully a little bit longer than that [meaning beyond the last day of the league season]". In context I think he was just saying that he hopes we do well and still have football to play, i.e. a final, once the league is over. I'm pretty confident that is what he was saying.

Oh, I didn't watch the conference, just read the statements in the media. I still hope that maybe he'll stay for more time here :)

For all the hope and expectations people have towards the Academy players this answer sounds diplomatic to say the least. I wouldn't hold my breath, it clearly doesn't look like one of his priorities based on this answer, but maybe the context and the full answer are more reassuring...

I can only imagine what will happen around here if we see the same team that played Sunderland against Watford, with Iva, Fabregas, Oscar amongst the starters. Scenes.

My translation of what he said is that he's going to assess his squad, including the youngsters, and that the kids will first have to prove to him that they have the qualities before they will get any minutes. Nothing more than the blindingly obvious truth really but it was good to hear him say it all the same. He resisted the myth pushing thrust of the question which attempted to get him to offer an implied criticism of our policy towards kids.

See the video I posted above - that question about youth players starts from 20:48.

He said in a nice, polite and respectful way many of the things Mourinho did - which is always welcoming, tact is always nice. It's clear that everyone - including a manager who's been there for only three days - knows that the current team lacks leadership. When Mourinho said after the sacking that they players were weak mentally he was just right.

I continue not to trust those players to turn anything around. They're indeed weak mentally and it looks like many of them weren't even trying. Now they think all they need is want it, but if bad form depended only on will to change, we wouldn't see so many professional athletes in all kind of sports struggling so much to overcome slumps. Best of the luck for Guus and the players, but this team - as a group - doesn't inspire me any confidence. Mourinho's fierce leadership and their motivation from going years without winning the league made them overachieve last season. To perform and compete for titles, we showed that with this team we need a nearly perfect scenario of physical and technical form, lack of mistakes, luck, flawless positioning and solid defending - while those things can be created and replicated, some of them are not that easy to achieve and some of them such as luck and lack of mistakes are unpredictable and many times not something one can voluntarily have (even when you try hard not to make a mistake, sometimes luck gets in the way). I think we seriously need to start rethinking the group. It doesn't matter if we're doing a lot of transfers or promoting kids from the Academy (although they'll hardly be the mentality leaders we need due to little experience and even small age), but we need new Ballacks, Lampards, Drogbas. Just like Hiddink heavily implied. We have all but John Terry on that department...

As for the youngsters after seeing his whole comment, I feel even more encouraged to believe he'll play exactly the same players we've been seeing. Maybe a change or two in the lineup, but the 18 squad will be the same, I have no doubts.

Actually I believe Cesc, Oscar, Iva will all continue to be starters - maybe when Eden is ready, Oscar might be dropped in favor of Pedro, but the feeling I got is that he won't try any experiment with players from the academy now and they must prove themselves really worthy of receiving any chances in the future. Hopefully he will show to be fairer than José towards under performing and in-form players, but I don't see more than 1-2 changes - if any at all - coming in the starters and no youngster being brought in the next few weeks. If that turns out to be the truth, I'll be dying to read the comments here.

My translation of what he said is that he's going to assess his squad, including the youngsters, and that the kids will first have to prove to him that they have the qualities before they will get any minutes. Nothing more than the blindingly obvious truth really but it was good to hear him say it all the same. He resisted the myth pushing thrust of the question which attempted to get him to offer an implied criticism of our policy towards kids.

At least,Hiddink did not compare our academy player with young eggs or something similar like that lol.

That would be some kind of Mourinho comparison lol

Aam I really the only one here who thinks these jokes are fucking shit

Watched some of Hiddink's presser, really likeable guy.

Actually 5 other people (and counting) think the same, mate. You are not alone, don't worry.

Watched Hiddink presser as well, its nice to see likeable guy again as the manager.

Couldn't like him more after his first presser.

Back in 2009 I didn't watch such things like press conference. I didn't know how's Guus Hiddink like. So for me it is first impression and very, very good one.

Always thought that Guus is the only one that can match my warm feelings towards Chelsea manager that I used to have with Jose. So I'm extremely delighted that we have him at the helm for the whole 6 months ! How good is that ?! I'm very positive. Want to run, jump again with joy. I start to feel passion again. I'm looking forward to the next game and the next game. I missed it so much.