Alex Teixeira

the wes

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Financially, it would be stupid not to move to China. In China(or anywhere in Asia for that matter) when you are rich, you live like a king and can even live above the law. But from a footballing point of view, his national team dream is probably shot. Wouldn't surprised if he moved back to Europe in about a year or so.

We should offer our deadwoods to chinese teams. Oscar for 50m anyone? Ivanovic for a cut price of 20m. Or both for a minor fee of 60m! Heck we might even throw in a free Falcao for you guys! What a deal.

Looks as if he was just desperate to leave Shakhtar. I mean, first, he was constantly talking about how he would loved to join us. Then when we sort of pulled out and Liverpool became interested, he talked about how great they are etc. Now, a club from China come in and he's off to there.

Just now, BlueLyon said:

Meh some players today have 0 ambitions...money doesnt ruin football, people with rotten character and no ambitions ruin it.

It's rotten character to want to earn more money? Not everyone that plays the sport even enjoys it, some are in the game just purely they are talented at it and can earn a living through it. People have different ideals on what is 'success' and what is 'ambitious' just because you have different standards to them doesn't make them 'rotten'. How do you know that he doesn't want to maximise his earnings so he can do more charity work? Maybe he supports dozens of people back in his hometown? 

I'd gladly choose earning a lot in China over winning a few win cups in England. Why? So I can establish charities and fund missionary work in countries like the Philippines. 

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

Meh some players today have 0 ambitions...money doesnt ruin football, people with rotten character and no ambitions ruin it.

'Ruin' is a strong term.

Is he 'ruining' football but going to league that's far more unknown than any other by adding his own quality? The Chinese Super League is a long way before it's ever taken seriously and so they're going to sign the players they think they can brand as a marquee right now. Ramires, Teixeria, Guarin etc are the 'giant' names they're attracting so you see their problem already.

The player in question here has made it no question he wanted to leave Shakhtar. Unfortunately despite his constant media flirting with Chelsea and Liverpool, he was priced out by his own club. A club feeling the sense of being 'ripped off' on the Douglas Costa transfer now trying to make sure they don't make the same mistakes on their own income.

So yeah, while he might have his eyes on money so what lol? In China he has the potential to be a small fish in a big pond and who wouldn't enjoy playing in such a situation where you are idolised.

Anyway, most players who do go China often end up coming back. See Anelka and Drogba for example.

I imagine that the players who do want to come back from China eventually, will find it difficult. The likes of Anelka and Drogba went there for free. Why would the Chinese clubs sell their players for a loss? I doubt any club in Europe would want to buy a player from the Chinese league for for example £40m that they spent on Teixeira (or even at a 'cut price' £30m or smth like that), who in addition is unproven anyway, moreso now that he collects rust in a shit league. He may want to earn more money for a short period of time before wanting to return, but in the process he fucked his footballing career over.

1 hour ago, Cosmin said:

If I was a Chinese rich guy, I would've rather bought a European club and invested in it. Why the hell would you spend so much money there? 

Proud people who want to make their own league great. They don't care about Europe, they want top football right next door.

3 minutes ago, johnnythefirst said:

They don't care about Europe

Recently I saw a VICE documentary about how Chinese hire white europeans to do whatever - hang out with them at parties, promotional campaigns.. hell, one hospital hired a random white guy to pretend to be a world renowned doctor, he recited an article from wikipedia to an auditory full of Chinese physicians. They want europeans basically anywhere where they want to appear prestigious. They are absolutely obsessed with Europe, the logic being that since European culture and economy is the leading one in the world, they want to adopt it and bringing in white people makes them look successful. You can live like a king in China just for being white, it's so weird.

Wow, once they stay there more than a year I will say it's very serious. For now it still looks like caprice of millionaires. The best player of Polish League moved there last winter and now is free agent after agreeing to break the contract. Drogba was back in Europe within 6 months. Let's see.

Their project is hugely ambitious. Wouldn't be surprised if top coaches in their good ages will move there soon.

And I mean 50 thousand football schools within the next decade are going to be build there, that's mad. Lots of changes keeps this thing interesting.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You