Alex Teixeira

the wes

6 hours ago, manpe said:

Recently I saw a VICE documentary about how Chinese hire white europeans to do whatever - hang out with them at parties, promotional campaigns.. hell, one hospital hired a random white guy to pretend to be a world renowned doctor, he recited an article from wikipedia to an auditory full of Chinese physicians. They want europeans basically anywhere where they want to appear prestigious. They are absolutely obsessed with Europe, the logic being that since European culture and economy is the leading one in the world, they want to adopt it and bringing in white people makes them look successful. You can live like a king in China just for being white, it's so weird.

My cousin lived in China for over six years manager a telecommunications country. He said it's possibly one of the most racist places he has ever lived. Well, in his experiences anyway. I also know people that taught English in China without having those issues one of them is even engaged to a local girl. So it probably depends on the province and city.

Vice is pretty shit, take their documentaries with a pinch of salt.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 4. 2. 2016 at 11:19 PM, Spike said:

It's rotten character to want to earn more money? Not everyone that plays the sport even enjoys it, some are in the game just purely they are talented at it and can earn a living through it. People have different ideals on what is 'success' and what is 'ambitious' just because you have different standards to them doesn't make them 'rotten'. How do you know that he doesn't want to maximise his earnings so he can do more charity work? Maybe he supports dozens of people back in his hometown? 

I'd gladly choose earning a lot in China over winning a few win cups in England. Why? So I can establish charities and fund missionary work in countries like the Philippines. 

Fair enough but I was talking about football ambitions only. Its great what these guys do when they donate to charities etc, but from football perspective his career has gone down now (unless he returns...). He wont have chance to play for NT side, he wont give try to play for one of top clubs. And he has all the ability and talent to play for PSG or United or Juve or Chelsea etc. He wanted to move to england, but eventualy picked china and thats only because money. That right there is zero football ambition. I understand players like Guarin, but someone like Teixeira should not waste talent in China. He wanted liverpool because they are better team than Shakhtar. Thats why he wanted to leave ukraine. To play for bigger club in better league. All nice and well but then goes to china...

Now dont get me wrong, he will have shitload of money down there and be superstar, why would he turn that down obviously. But then again, his football career as long he stays down there is as good as over. Players in past wanted to leave a mark in football history, nowdays too many pick clubs only for money. Where to get more money, not which club will they help write football history for.

On 4. 2. 2016 at 0:35 AM, LDN Blue said:

'Ruin' is a strong term.

Is he 'ruining' football but going to league that's far more unknown than any other by adding his own quality? The Chinese Super League is a long way before it's ever taken seriously and so they're going to sign the players they think they can brand as a marquee right now. Ramires, Teixeria, Guarin etc are the 'giant' names they're attracting so you see their problem already.

The player in question here has made it no question he wanted to leave Shakhtar. Unfortunately despite his constant media flirting with Chelsea and Liverpool, he was priced out by his own club. A club feeling the sense of being 'ripped off' on the Douglas Costa transfer now trying to make sure they don't make the same mistakes on their own income.

So yeah, while he might have his eyes on money so what lol? In China he has the potential to be a small fish in a big pond and who wouldn't enjoy playing in such a situation where you are idolised.

Anyway, most players who do go China often end up coming back. See Anelka and Drogba for example.

Yeah except Drogba and Anelka had whole career behind, achieved more or less everything and were in 30s when going there. No problem if someone wants to make more money before retirement, but someone like Teixeira should not go there. I believe with his great progress (and seeing how Douglas is doing well now), he could be one of better players in european top club.

Shakhtar fucked him over indeed, but the main reason he wanted to leave was to go to bigger club in better league, to prove himself. While liverpool and chelsea were cut off by shakhtar, thats hardly excuse to go to china because that league is quite worse than the one shakhtar plays in.

Like I said, no problem if one wants money. Its natural. If one offers you 10 mio contract, you would be stupid to turn it down. But then again, if you have amazing talent, if you are on peak of career, and with different mentality, you think differently. You will get more than enough money at any top european club and you would have chance to write history in football. Thats the difference. So many players lack that mentality and thinking nowdays.

21 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Fair enough but I was talking about football ambitions only. Its great what these guys do when they donate to charities etc, but from football perspective his career has gone down now (unless he returns...). He wont have chance to play for NT side, he wont give try to play for one of top clubs. And he has all the ability and talent to play for PSG or United or Juve or Chelsea etc. He wanted to move to england, but eventualy picked china and thats only because money. That right there is zero football ambition. I understand players like Guarin, but someone like Teixeira should not waste talent in China. He wanted liverpool because they are better team than Shakhtar. Thats why he wanted to leave ukraine. To play for bigger club in better league. All nice and well but then goes to china...

Now dont get me wrong, he will have shitload of money down there and be superstar, why would he turn that down obviously. But then again, his football career as long he stays down there is as good as over. Players in past wanted to leave a mark in football history, nowdays too many pick clubs only for money. Where to get more money, not which club will they help write football history for.

Yeah except Drogba and Anelka had whole career behind, achieved more or less everything and were in 30s when going there. No problem if someone wants to make more money before retirement, but someone like Teixeira should not go there. I believe with his great progress (and seeing how Douglas is doing well now), he could be one of better players in european top club.

Shakhtar fucked him over indeed, but the main reason he wanted to leave was to go to bigger club in better league, to prove himself. While liverpool and chelsea were cut off by shakhtar, thats hardly excuse to go to china because that league is quite worse than the one shakhtar plays in.

Like I said, no problem if one wants money. Its natural. If one offers you 10 mio contract, you would be stupid to turn it down. But then again, if you have amazing talent, if you are on peak of career, and with different mentality, you think differently. You will get more than enough money at any top european club and you would have chance to write history in football. Thats the difference. So many players lack that mentality and thinking nowdays.

Do you believe what people say ? Everyone says in their interview I want career growth because that is what people like to hear . End of the day $$$$ is what every one cares for. And why not ? you go to a league where you are already star you don't need to sweat it that much and you get paid crazily, seems like a deal to me. Very few people really want career growth as they claim to do.

9 minutes ago, bluephoenix said:

Do you believe what people say ? Everyone says in their interview I want career growth because that is what people like to hear . End of the day $$$$ is what every one cares for. And why not ? you go to a league where you are already star you don't need to sweat it that much and you get paid crazily, seems like a deal to me. Very few people really want career growth as they claim to do.

Take a look at Ighalo what he said recently. So yeah I believe some want to play for career growth not money. Or to explain you better; everyone plays for money. The difference however is either picking a competitive team you like and get paid 1mio, or a team from china and get paid 5mio. And my point was that the number of players that care only about money is getting higher and higher, which results in less quality and competition which ruins part of why we all love watching football.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You