The Mourinho Thread

I wonder if many off the people who were whining about player power for years are also moaning about the Mata situation.

The irony is hilarious, they finally get their wish player power is gone now they are moaning about that :lol:

I wonder if many off the people who were whining about player power for years are also moaning about the Mata situation.

The irony is hilarious, they finally get their wish player power is gone now they are moaning about that :lol:

I really don't know about this.

Mata has not done anything to be put into that player power.

If anything it where in the past Drogba, Terry and Lampard. Yet they stayed in the club.

I don't mean Mata per se, in previous years the one thing most off us has wanted is the manager having the main say and building his squad.

Now that's happening and some now don't want that after all.

Imagine if Jose left and the next manager still choose Hazard-Oscar-Willian?

It would be exactly like when half the planet constantly slated Mou for dropping Cassilas then in came Ancelotti who kept him on the bench, awkward.

I don't mean Mata per se, in previous years the one thing most off us has wanted is the manager having the main say and building his squad.

Okay yes I agree.

Was just saying that using Mata was a bad example.

I still think this is a good deal. Although i wish it was not United but we couldn't have gotten a better value somewhere else.

We can use that money to buy Salah and maybe a striker like Costa. Would be a good transfer business.

Mourinho is a very smart manager.

I think most have come to the realisation that Mata is (/was) not going to be part of Mourinho's plans, and that selling him would be inevitable. But selling him to United, our biggest domestic rival this past decade, may very well awake the 'sleeping giant' which could be to our detriment in the forthcoming seasons. Selling him abroad would have been much more tolerable for the majority of fans, I suspect.

I predict tomorrow when Manchester United announce Mata, there will be a lot of turmoil in this thread.

Before that happens, I will say this: when Guardiola was first announced manager of Barcelona, he sent the entire club's fan base into a frenzy when he declared Deco, Etoo, and Ronaldinho's time was over at the club and they weren't part of his plans. Those were still the 3 best players of Barcelona and everyone thought the manager had gone mad. It turned out that such a bold and defiant move eventually opened room for other less known players of the squad by the names of Xavi, Iniesta and Messi to come into light.

Even though this is a completely different situation, my point is that some managers know exactly what they're doing.

Personally I will wait and see.

Except those players were all past their prime when he sold them especially deco and ronaldinho. mata is still in his prime. some would even argue that he's just approaching his prime and can only get better. apples and oranges.

Except those players were all past their prime when he sold them

You're saying that in hindsight. At that time the average Barcelona fan didn't agree with that one bit.

Also, the "apples and oranges" part tells me you didn't even bother to read my post entirely.

You're saying that in hindsight. At that time the average Barcelona fan didn't agree with that one bit.

Also, the "apples and oranges" part tells me you didn't even bother to read my post entirely.

Deco was already 30 when he left barca and Ronaldinho, even though, younger than deco, had become distracted by non footballing activities such as partying and drinking, battled with weight issues which saw a dramatic decline in his performance way before pep even took over and Eto'o was widely reported to be a poisonous influence in the dressing room who constantly undermined Guardiola (even if he wasn't totally past his prime, that's a very good grounds for dismissal).

Mata's case is completely different here.

Selling Mata isnt 'wrong'. I am sad because I like him and its terrible to see him leaving. But its obvious when such great player isnt given play time.

But selling Mata to United, fucking rival?!?!

That is fucked up. Wrong wrong wrong. We are not getting Rooney or £50mio in return. When you sell to rival, the price is heavily inflated.

But you say its good because we get 35mio? Well then do something with that money; maybe buy a striker? Or is it so hard to wait till summer? I dont care if we sell him for 5mio less to non-rival...

Amazing how Mourinho fucked him up and now about to sell him to United.

One think I will say about Mourinho regarding mata is that I wish he can find a way to make it work but because we are Chelsea and we can buy almost anybody, he can replace him with player that fit his system better.

If he is managing teams like Milan or Arsenal, I am not sure it is going to be the same.

I predict tomorrow when Manchester United announce Mata, there will be a lot of turmoil in this thread.

Before that happens, I will say this: when Guardiola was first announced manager of Barcelona, he sent the entire club's fan base into a frenzy when he declared Deco, Etoo, and Ronaldinho's time was over at the club and they weren't part of his plans. Those were still the 3 best players of Barcelona and everyone thought the manager had gone mad. It turned out that such a bold and defiant move eventually opened room for other less known players of the squad by the names of Xavi, Iniesta and Messi to come into light.

Even though this is a completely different situation, my point is that some managers know exactly what they're doing.

Personally I will wait and see.

but he didn't sell them to RealMadrid, now did he?