The Mourinho Thread

The Liverpool game will show us THE TRUE JOSE MOURINHO. I expect him to tell the team to park it because he is afraid Liverpool will destroy us, but if he doesn't then it prove he has CHANGED and that Arsenal game was just one of those game that we need to approach differently-like he said himself. But if we park it, we all know he hasn't changed much and all the progress of play transition we tried in the last 2 months are over and he is back to the old days, which mean we need to look at how Roman will respond.

Mate, I have respect for you but why u are always same?

It is depressing, i would love to say we will go and beat them, but it is unlikely with our strikers. We will have to if we dont want a humilation and noone needs it, the players, jose or the fans, i dont want to see us get beat like 4-0 :(

Hahah. You're making Liverpool out to be Barcelona or Bayern. Sure they have a decent team this season but seriously? They're below Chelsea in the table now!

They may be a good side at the moment but we arent exactly a bunch of nobodies.Yeah we've been crap at times this season but so have they!For all the good they've been they arent running away with the league at the moment.We have a shot and have to make the best of it

Wonder if Mourinho still wants ti counter like he did with Real, but mix it with more possession based play?

He would probably like to do that at a certain point of most games, but we don't have enough players with pace and mobility like Ronaldo's, Ozil's or Di Maria's.

Willian, Oscar, Hazard, Schurrle - they're pretty mobile and pacey?

Willian and Hazard are not as decisive as Ozil, Di Maria and non of them are as fast as Ronaldo, admittedly Hazard is pretty fast but no where near, Schurrle too is too indecisive and often his shooting isn't that good. Oscar is not slow but doesn't exactly have that kind of pace either, but he is the closest thing we got to Ozil bar Mata who Mou clearly doesn't fancy atm. .

And counter attacks like that usually start with a pass from defender - even in this video how many times it was Ramos that started a flow forward?

I'm pretty sure Jose will manage to install something of this sort - we've seen bits of this counter attacking sty;e already this season, even if only briefly. It's truly a dangerous weapon, but it takes time for players to get into it.

Though as our play is looking now (I repeat - now) I'd take parking the bus and killing on the counter against Liver even at SB. But to have a killing counter attack we need someone who will be able to put ball in the net. Which brings us back to square 1...

All these parking the buss and counter attacking Posts make me sick!

We are Chelsea and we are playing at home against a mid-table team that accidently have bought a worldclass striker.

We gonne destroy them!

Suarez?gonne be in Terry's pocket whole game long and we have superior players in any other positions on the field.

Have some faith, we got this!!

Sunday night we Will be the winners!

He would probably like to do that at a certain point of most games, but we don't have enough players with pace and mobility like Ronaldo's, Ozil's or Di Maria's.

It's not about the pace and mobility of the attacking players, it's about the lack of a player capable of starting counter-attacks quickly enough. Players like Hazard, Schürrle, Willian and Ramires are all more than fast enough to see the attacks through if only we had a deep lying playmaker in midfield to make the decisive pass but instead we have players like Lampard and Mikel who hold on to the ball for too long and by the time they pass it on it's already too late and the opponent has had the time to organise their defense.

Also, for successful counter-attacks it wouldn't hurt to have a striker who makes the runs at the right time and is clinical enough to actually finish off the attacks. A good striker will draw the attention of the defenders towards him with intelligent movement, thus creating space for the attacking midfielders to do their magic but our current lot of strikers just stand around there like trees, allowing the defenders to focus on keeping the attacking midfielders out of the danger areas.

It's not about the pace and mobility of the attacking players, it's about the lack of a player capable of starting counter-attacks quickly enough. Players like Hazard, Schürrle, Willian and Ramires are all more than fast enough to see the attacks through if only we had a deep lying playmaker in midfield to make the decisive pass but instead we have players like Lampard and Mikel who hold on to the ball for too long and by the time they pass it on it's already too late and the opponent has had the time to organise their defense.

Also, for successful counter-attacks it wouldn't hurt to have a striker who makes the runs at the right time and is clinical enough to actually finish off the attacks. A good striker will draw the attention of the defenders towards him with intelligent movement, thus creating space for the attacking midfielders to do their magic but our current lot of strikers just stand around there like trees, allowing the defenders to focus on keeping the attacking midfielders out of the danger areas.

Rubbish we had several counter attack against Arsenal but failed to take advantage of them and we did not see them through .

Rubbish we had several counter attack against Arsenal but failed to take advantage of them and we did not see them through .

Did you even read what I said? I replied to the other guy saying our wingers aren't fast enough to play counter-attacks like Real Madrid and the Arsenal match you just brought up only further proves my point. Lack of pace certainly isn't the issue, the only problem is not having a playmaker to start to start those moves more quickly and more often and not having a clinical striker to finish them off.

I sincerely Hope you all fuck off, hopefully mou stays for 24 years. I will Take a draw against the current leaders away from home, with our out of form backfour and non existent striker any Day of The weak. Thats why YOU are posting here and he is regarded as one of footballs finest... Thank God

They'll come back with something along the lines ''criticism is warranted'', when all they have done is spread negativity around the forum. Good on you man, atleast there are a few of the sane ones around.

I sincerely Hope you all fuck off, hopefully mou stays for 24 years. I will Take a draw against the current leaders away from home, with our out of form backfour and non existent striker any Day of The weak. Thats why YOU are posting here and he is regarded as one of footballs finest... Thank God

well in terms of the last sentence..if you take this argument, we shouldnt be able to criticisize ANYONE. every football player out there is better than we are and every cocach probably too. thats the sort of argument someone brings up, when he hasnt got other ones or cant discuss properly.

Not everybody on this board follows Mourinho blindly and is on his nuts. accept it, its normal. Nearly everybody on here supports Mourinho, but supporting doesnt mean to accept everything blindly.