The Mourinho Thread

Defensive football is the way to go.

I know it's pretty obvious that if we are sold at the back and not concede, we can't lose. With the sort of attacking talent in the side, we are bound to nick one in on the counter. Defense is not always about parking the bus and no one knows it better than Mour.

Easier said than done, though.

Nail, head.

I would love the sort of defensive consistency of 04-10 to return eventually. Consistent defense means consistent results, it's as simple as that.

I agree.

Still we can criticise him, his selections, his style of play etc. ...

We cant just say nothing because he's building a team around here.

Just shouldn't say shit like "Jose should be sucked", thats just stupid ..

Of course we can criticise him and his selections but we need to know that this is all new for him.He was in Italy and Spain last 5 years I think,ever since we have new squad with so much new players,stuff,many things changed...Obviously he is trying to find first team and trying to change some things.I'm sure every manager,every person from this forum would made the same thing.But it takes time.So give the man some time,don't judge him so easy,we're still in the running for the most important trophies and and through the race the game will be just better ;)

Come on guys, we have gone past the point where we defend to death to win trophies, we have won everything there is to win from CL, BPL to Capital One cup. What we want to do now IS WATCHING BEAUTIFUL FOOTBALL THAT GET US MORE TROPHIES. You guys want us to 1-0 our way to another CL win? Don't you feel ashamed that our team got DOMINATED? and in football term, undeservedly winning the trophy.

That is not the reason we sign all these young attacking players, that is not the reason Roman wants Jose back alone, that is not what we want. If we want to be seen as the best team in the world THEN START PLAYING BEST FOOTBALL IN THE WORLD. If Jose is one of the greatest manager in football history(which based on his record he is) then WHY CAN'T HE DO IT? WHY? WHY CAN PEP DO IT?

You can't even complain about the players anymore, it is not like we got Malouda walking around the wing or Kalouless starting on the right. We got Eden Hazard, we got Mata, we got Oscar. Top 10 players in their positions in the world.

The standard here is high, the players and whoever the manager is know it. You get pay the best wages in football at Chelsea, then why can't you perform like the best players?

THE WIN AT ALL COST TIME IS OVER. We needed that to make our claim in world football, now we have done that we need to consolidate it.

:tophat:

You completely missed my point by ignoring the continuation of the parts you quoted. Mourinho himself said it yesterday - it's the same story every game, we're making the same mistakes over and over. So what does that say about his and his coaching staff's work? They're paid mega bucks to sort it out. That the players repeat mistakes is a bigger indictment of the coaches - if they're being well coached they shouldn't make those mistakes; if they're being coached and they still do, drop them. Simple.

---------------------------------------------------

For me, when a team plays worse than the sum of of its parts, you have to look at the manager.

That's an interesting point which reminds me of something else....

P.S: (What I'm about to say is NOT FACT...just a musing) :

I did read somewhere (I think it was in an interview with Eddie Newton) that a lot of the tactics work (in fact maybe all of it) is down to the manager, but the player motivation and individual performances are largely influenced by the assistant coach.(Of course, would like it if someone could shed more light on the ASST. coach role)

We've been playing poor in the league for a long time..Back then some people blamed this on Ray Wilkin's departure ,with no real basis,...but look at how it has deteriorated... We've had Paul Clement since then for a short stint and now Holland

Steve Holland has been here for quite a while now, and has outlasted quite a few managers since his appointment...And during his time here, we have seen plenty of matches where the players don't seem to have turned up.

What I've just stated, sounds a lot like how people blame Michael Emenalo (not knowing exactly what his role is) but I just find it interesting to consider...Its because I think more than a failure in tactics, its more of a case of players failing to follow clear-cut instructions and keeping focus that has led to poor, inconsistent performances in the league.

Ouuuu give me a break,what you guys think that we will play amazing football immediately after Jose takes us? Chelsea had many problems since he left us,he doesn't have magic wand to clear all of our problems in less than 5 months.Team builds for months,seasons...Just look at Bayern,Borrusia,Liverpool.

For God sake I need 3 months to correct all my math grades.Ok that's because I'm a little silly for math but still,just think about it.I'm sure that we will be just better and better.

And when you questioning Jose just think about MAN.UTD and their fans

there is no potential to build with the actual team we have. ivanovic wont start playing great crosses, lampard/mikel/other DM wont start playing how we need to and our strikers wont start scoring. we need SERIOUS changes in a lot of positions..we have spend money on areas where we dont needed to and now we have the problem, that we dont want tos pent to strengthen the areas where we actually need players. should have spent 60 m on cavani/falcao and have a proper striker instead of searching for mediocre alternatives. or should have not sold Sturridge -.-

and you can also build a team quite fast. look at PSG or at City. or at Pool with Rodgers (in his 2nd season)

My statement: Mourinho was and never will be the coach who will play beautiful, possesion, attacking football- because that includes PRESSING. and mourinho hasnt got a clue how to get his team pressing properly. it was even the same with Madrid, when they got destroyed by Dortmund.

I saw moyes smirking like Cheshire Cat and sky sports says he is on his way to silverware.

1. There is no guarantee they will win

2. What part did he play if they did win??

Absolutely nothing he inherited a wining team with good strikers, Jose inherited two duds and brought another :(

Certain rumors are coming out today.

Hazard attitude to training. Apparently he is first off the training pitches & first to get away after lunch.

Tension between Jose & Cole are reported. Although Cole started at Sunderland, he has fallen out of favor with Jose.

As I said, Jose is a great coach, but a shitty character who is on power trip.

Playing Azpi on the left & letting Cole to sit on the bench is not what is desired, I feel.

Suddenly, stories about discordance are appearing.

The team needs countenance & not arguments. I just hope, these stories are not true.

I agree.

Still we can criticise him, his selections, his style of play etc. ...

We cant just say nothing because he's building a team around here.

Just shouldn't say shit like "Jose should be sucked", thats just stupid ..

Jose should be sucked ? By whom ?

Jose don't know how to play pressing football. While he is a master at defensive football, which is not necessary a bad thing but really not enough at a club like Chelsea. The only time his team play pressing football is when he had Ronaldo, Ozil and all those attacking players at Madrid, playing against crappy BBVA sides weekly. Or he only play attacking football against top teams when his team MUST SCORE like the 2nd leg of Semi final each year. Argue all you like but you know this is the truth, keeping the ball for the majority of the game DOES NOT EQUAL PRESSING JOSE. Maybe he believes those 2 things are the same which is why he believed our performance last night was 'amazing'.

Master mind at pressing football atm? Ancelotti, Klopp, Guardiola, Wenger, Rodger, Pellegrini, Martino(well he got Barca but still) and it is not a coincidence that all of these sides are among top 10 goal scoring teams in Europe atm. See the amazing magic of pressing?

You just don't know what you're talking about man. Do you think you can play a pressing football in 3 months ? Look at Villas Boas when he had us... It takes times unless you want us to lose to Arsenal 3-5 at home every week.

Ancelotti took a pressing team, Klopp has been given time, Guardiola took a pressing team, Rodgers has been given time, Martino took a pressing team, same for Pellegrini (only at home though). And this Arsenal isn't a oustanding pressing team, they often go back when they play the big boys. Ask theirs supporters, they will even say that their pressing is the problem when they play against the big boys because they don't press well.

And just to say, our pressing is good. it's just our finishing when we recover the ball high-up who is not good enough.

You just don't know what you're talking about man. Do you think you can play a pressing football in 3 months ? Look at Villas Boas when he had us... It takes times unless you want us to lose to Arsenal 3-5 at home every week.

Ancelotti took a pressing team, Klopp has been given time, Guardiola took a pressing team, Rodgers has been given time, Martino took a pressing team, same for Pellegrini (only at home though). And this Arsenal isn't a oustanding pressing team, they often go back when they play the big boys. Ask theirs supporters, they will even say that their pressing is the problem when they play against the big boys because they don't press well.

And just to say, our pressing is good. it's just our finishing when we recover the ball high-up who is not good enough.

To play pressing, that´s something Jose is not very familiar with as pointed above. To give Jose more time, perhaps. However, how much more time does he need or will he ever apply it, does he know how ?

Jose should be sucked ? By whom ?

His wife :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: but I am sure they should be done with that by now considering their age lol

Yes it is not possible in 3 months but there HAVE TO BE CHANGES SLOWLY, there are none at all, in fact he just said yesterday he might go back to his old ways if we don't improve, effectively ending the process he tried to start. Dude pressing does not = possession. We keep the ball better now for most of our games but we don't make it count and when the opposition do finally win the procession back, they manage to make it effective by scoring like we see against Stoke and Sunderland recently, games where we dominated for 2/3 of the game but end up losing.

His wife :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: but I am sure they should be done with that by now considering their age lol

Yes it is not possible in 3 months but there HAVE TO BE CHANGES SLOWLY, there are none at all, in fact he just said yesterday he might go back to his old ways if we don't improve, effectively ending the process he tried to start. Dude pressing does not = possession. We keep the ball better now for most of our games but we don't make it count and when the opposition do finally win the procession back, they manage to make it effective by scoring like we see against Stoke and Sunderland recently, games where we dominated for 2/3 of the game but end up losing.

So for you, nothing has changed ? Are you blind ? Just look at the games against City from last year and this year, tell me there are no changes.

So for you, nothing has changed ? Are you blind ? Just look at the games against City from last year and this year, tell me there are no changes.

Yeah last year we drew 0-0, this time we won 2-1 thanks to a last min cock up from their GK. You know what changed? We was scoring more than 3 goals at least more than 5 times this time last year, this year the only noticeable are the Cardiff game and 2 matches against Schalker and Seteua. Oh and losing points to bad teams, that hasn't changed even though we brought him in to change that.

But it is OK like I said, AS LONG AS PROGRESS IS MADE. Now he is threatening to end THE WHOLE PROCESS because it hasn't work out as well as he wanted apparently. So now would you be happy if he just abandon the whole project and go back to his old way?

Perhaps, the kid above might oblige too ?

As for Jose pressing game. What I have seen, the team plays in the middle of the pitch uselessly. No quick attack as Citeh for example. Possession does not win games, unless you get your ass up front & score.