The Mourinho Thread

Never expect anything from pressers in relation to signings, players being sold etc. They are a standardised media event, and not a All Cards On The Table situation. I didn't expect José dancing on the tables, ripping every old foe a new one (except Iniesta - classic Mou!), giving away all the transfer actions and what not. Just good to see him back at the Bridge and holding up the shirt. Looking soooo forward to the pre season even, this time :)

Stupid journos. Stupid questions. 95% about Mourinho and stuff we already knew. It's like they didn't even bother to watch the Chelsea interview. I honestly don't know what they're paid for. Bunch of mugs.

As Artinho mentioned, the only with piece of information is that José thinks Lukaku and de Bruyne are good enough for the team. Other than that, it was nice to see him in a Chelsea press conference again, but it was pretty much a waste of time because of idiot journos! Was there a question even raised about Torres? Nothing mentioned about Courtois either. I know he can't give away much, but a little clarification along the lines of what he said about Romelu and Kevin is always nice.

I suppose it was also nice that he said he's not afraid to bench underperforming big names when he talked about Casillas...here's looking at you ladyboy...I guess this is what he said to Romelu to convince him to return for next season!

The more annoying thing IMO is the fact that no one asked about Luiz, Mata etc. Could have quashed the BS rumours completely by saying things like what he did with Lukaku and KDB, as you pointed out. But no. No one asked him and we'll continue to hear and read more of these BS stories in the media. :doh:

Mourinho: "Imagine if you bring back Lukaku, KDB, Kalas- that's 0 spent because the investment was made before. We want this direction" #CFC

Jose Mourinho: "The one or two we may buy are complements because the structure and philosophy is this one" #CFC (Telegraph)

Mourinho: "Imagine if you bring back Lukaku, KDB, Kalas- that's 0 spent because the investment was made before. We want this direction" #CFC

Jose Mourinho: "The one or two we may buy are complements because the structure and philosophy is this one" #CFC (Telegraph)

You know, I'm starting to question if this Mourinho is an imposter. :lol: Just look and feel so different completely from the last time. He's just so calm, somewhat restrained and suddenly getting into the idea of developing young talents.

The more annoying thing IMO is the fact that no one asked about Luiz, Mata etc. Could have quashed the BS rumours completely by saying things like what he did with Lukaku and KDB, as you pointed out. But no. No one asked him and we'll continue to hear and read more of these BS stories in the media. :doh:

Exactly.

The journos were too busy fishing for juicy quotes by bringing up 'The Special One' (which felt like a billion times), Abramovich, Iniesta, Casillas, etc. instead of caring about FOOTBALL matters. And then there were just stupid ones, like the Paulo question? Wtf like?

That's why I'm thankful that Belgian journalist was there; a media that is actually concerned about it's players.

Mourinho on... Chelsea's £50m striker Fernando Torres "He’s one of the guys I’ve not spoken to. I’ve had contact with some. Not with Fernando, who’s with the national team along with Juan Mata and Cesar Azpilicueta.

"I won’t contact them while they’re away. I don’t want to be misinterpreted. I will wait until the end of the Confederations Cup, then I will speak with him.

"He’s a Chelsea player with a contract. I’ve seen him quoted to say he’s more than happy to stay and work hard, and I think he deserves that respect from me, especially, and also the club.

"That respect starts by speaking with him face to face and deciding what is the best for all of us. If the best for all of us is for Fernando to stay, let’s help him and try and get the best out of him.

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/chelsea-jose-mourinhos-views-david-1944603#ixzz2VqMm4LxE

You know, I'm starting to question if this Mourinho is an imposter. :lol: Just look and feel so different completely from the last time. He's just so calm, somewhat restrained and suddenly getting into the idea of developing young talents.

Tbh he was open to that last time, but the problem was the youth were injured constantly (Hutchinson) or shit (Huth).