The Mourinho Thread

We win Europa league, secure 3rd and on that very night we announce Lampard signs a new deal and that Mourinho is our new manager... wishful thinking but it could happen :lol:

My pants would get a little wet if that happen! :P

Didn't Jose say his family don't want to move to Manchester? Or was that bollocks someone made up?

I heard that somewhere as well. But so much BS flying about, no idea if its true or not.

Yes. His family apparently wants to live in London, as opposed to Manchester.

Similar to Moyes, the fact that all media around Europe (in this circumstance particularly England and Spain) and the betting odds strongly indicate Pelligrini to Man City and Mourinho to us is a good sign.

All the media outlets seem to be in agreement which is a very good thing. I cannot see any other outcome now.

Also remember City are now being run by the two ex-Barca directors - I cannot see them getting along with Mourinho.

Imagine the boost in morale and excitement there would be if we won the Europa League final and the very next day appointed Mou.

What had previously had been a nightmare season would wind up having a storybook ending.

"Chelsea Football Club is delighted to announce the appointment of Jose Mourinho from Real Madrid. He will take control of the squad for the club's post season tour against Manchester City in the United States."

Followed in quick secession by

"Chelsea Football Club are delighted to announce that our all time leading goal scorer Frank Lampard has signed a 2 year extension to remain with the club through the 2016 season."

I can fucking dream! :)

Kind of strikes me as odd how a day after learning that Mancini might be dismissed, news surface that real madrid have approached PSG to acquire Ancelotti. Everyone seems to be taking this as some kind of indication that Mourinho is getting closer and closer to returning to the bridge, but I don't know. The timing of both pieces of news makes me think it might be possible that he and City have come to an agreement. I mean, think about it, If he was actually returning to chelsea, then why would he feel the need to be so public about it? If there's truly an agreement or talks in the pipeline between Mourinho and Roman, would he beat on and on about wanting to return? Why would he draw attention to it? Something just doesn't add up.

Besides, how many times have we seen media outlets linking so and so to so and so club only for that person to end up at another club that they were never even linked to in the news?

Moyes to Manchester United is done. Pellegrini looks set to go to City while Mourinho set to come to us.

We get a serial winner while the two clubs we are looking to gazump appoint two managers who lets be honest are small fry compared to the special one.

We get Waitrose while those two get Somerfield and Asda.

If this comes off than we will be in a hugely great position to win the league next season and for years to come after that, the only thing that can threaten that is Ronaldo returning to United.

What a fantastic summer this is looking like being even already.

Why the fuck would he choose City, who just lost to WIGAN in a final, over us? The same City who are now infamous chokers in Europe? Where is the logic? They can't exactly out-bid us on any players, we have more history and more specifically a history with Mourinho himself, and have you seen the points on the PL table? It's not exactly like there's a chasm between City and ourselves this season.

Honestly it's like all logic goes out the window here sometimes.

Edit: I also believe City's policy is similar to ours. The board buy the players, not the manager. This is a huge reason as to why Mancini was frustrated during his time there. They sound worse than our own.

There are zero positives in picking City over ourselves.

Why the fuck would he choose City, who just lost to WIGAN in a final, over us? The same City who are now infamous chokers in Europe? Where is the logic? They can't exactly out-bid us on any players, we have more history and more specifically a history with Mourinho himself, and have you seen the points on the PL table? It's not exactly like there's a chasm between City and ourselves this season.

Honestly it's like all logic goes out the window here sometimes.

Edit: I also believe City's policy is similar to ours. The board buy the players, not the manager. This is a huge reason as to why Mancini was frustrated during his time there. They sound worse than our own.

There are zero positives in picking City over ourselves.

He bought Mario, their young CB, and probably more players.

the copa finale is on friday. i think after it, there will be real news about his future. there wont be any official announcement or something like this before the final. maybe he will already annoucne his departure and new club on friday

Moyes to Manchester United is done. Pellegrini looks set to go to City while Mourinho set to come to us.

We get a serial winner while the two clubs we are looking to gazump appoint two managers who lets be honest are small fry compared to the special one.

Yep, can't really see either of them outsmarting Mourinho in matches between us and the Manchester clubs and that's already a huge advantage as far as the title race goes.

Won't get that excited until we actually get Jose back though. :lol:

Yep, can't really see either of them outsmarting Mourinho in matches between us and the Manchester clubs and that's already a huge advantage as far as the title race goes.

Won't get that excited until we actually get Jose back though. :lol:

Malaga did better vs BVB than Madrid.

Also, as of now, City individually is miles ahead of Chelsea and most of their players are at their peaks.

Malaga did better vs BVB than Madrid.

Also, as of now, City individually is miles ahead of Chelsea and most of their players are at their peaks.

Saying Pellegrini is a better manager just because his Malaga side had a better chance of winning Dortmund in a mere two legged tie than Mourinho's team did is just pointless. Judging by your logic that's like saying QPR are better than Barcelona because they got 4 points from us this season in the league and we won Barcelona last year. Better to compare their times as Real Madrid manager and it's safe to say Mourinho did a better job there than Pellegrini did, although to be fair Pellegrini wasn't bad and his sacking was unfair back in 2010 but I guess you'll do what you got to do if the best manager in the world Jose Mourinho becomes available.

And how exactly are City miles ahead of us? Sure, they have better strikers than us but for the AM's I would take Mata, Hazard and Oscar ahead of Silva, Nasri, Milner any day of the week, no doubt in my mind about that. Yaya Toure is better than any of our central midfielders but that's about all and the rest of their CM's are beyond shit. In defense they have Kompany, Nastasic and Zabaleta who are all great but the rest of them are average at best. We have Luiz, Azpilicueta and maybe Cole, who are top class and the rest of our defenders are better than City's defenders after the best three individuals. Cech is better than Hart and we also have Courtois waiting in the sidelines so it's fair to say our GK department is way ahead of City's. So yeah, they maybe better than us at a couple of areas but with Mourinho coming back Chelsea will be an attractive option for many of the players in the summer transfer window and with once again a lot of money available it's pretty clear things will improve before the next season starts.

I honestly can't see a reason why Mourinho would be interested in Manchester City at all if there is a possibility of coming back to Chelsea.