The Mourinho Thread

Kind of strikes me as odd how a day after learning that Mancini might be dismissed, news surface that real madrid have approached PSG to acquire Ancelotti. Everyone seems to be taking this as some kind of indication that Mourinho is getting closer and closer to returning to the bridge, but I don't know. The timing of both pieces of news makes me think it might be possible that he and City have come to an agreement. I mean, think about it, If he was actually returning to chelsea, then why would he feel the need to be so public about it? If there's truly an agreement or talks in the pipeline between Mourinho and Roman, would he beat on and on about wanting to return? Why would he draw attention to it? Something just doesn't add up.

Besides, how many times have we seen media outlets linking so and so to so and so club only for that person to end up at another club that they were never even linked to in the news?

Also thought that and I thank you for writing perfectly what I was thinking, however, there are too much indicators this time for me, he'll come back.

Can see why he is a huge favourite with people down here and why they want him as new manager but I am concerned with the way he has lost many of the dressing room at Real. If you have personal conflicts that is one thing but when you let that get in the way and start benching key players who represent a key symbol of the club (Casillas) that is a concern. Then to publicly degrade Casillas and Pepe the way he done was quite shocking IMO. Not a good example.

Hope he does not encounter any of the problems if/when he comes here.

Saying Pellegrini is a better manager just because his Malaga side had a better chance of winning Dortmund in a mere two legged tie than Mourinho's team did is just pointless. Judging by your logic that's like saying QPR are better than Barcelona because they got 4 points from us this season in the league and we won Barcelona last year. Better to compare their times as Real Madrid manager and it's safe to say Mourinho did a better job there than Pellegrini did, although to be fair Pellegrini wasn't bad and his sacking was unfair back in 2010 but I guess you'll do what you got to do if the best manager in the world Jose Mourinho becomes available.

And how exactly are City miles ahead of us? Sure, they have better strikers than us but for the AM's I would take Mata, Hazard and Oscar ahead of Silva, Nasri, Milner any day of the week, no doubt in my mind about that. Yaya Toure is better than any of our central midfielders but that's about all and the rest of their CM's are beyond shit. In defense they have Kompany, Nastasic and Zabaleta who are all great but the rest of them are average at best. We have Luiz, Azpilicueta and maybe Cole, who are top class and the rest of our defenders are better than City's defenders after the best three individuals. Cech is better than Hart and we also have Courtois waiting in the sidelines so it's fair to say our GK department is way ahead of City's. So yeah, they maybe better than us at a couple of areas but with Mourinho coming back Chelsea will be an attractive option for many of the players in the summer transfer window and with once again a lot of money available it's pretty clear things will improve before the next season starts.

I honestly can't see a reason why Mourinho would be interested in Manchester City at all if there is a possibility of coming back to Chelsea.

Silva next year will have an amazing year with City. He will be back as the CAM and you guys can judge than if Mata is really better than Silva. Tevez is more like a second striker for Man City and honestly speaking, I rate him better than anyone on Chelsea right now. When teams are physical, Tevez won't back and give up, however, our three amigos, its a different thing. Milner is def. less talented than the three amigos, however, he's more direct and works the sidelines better.

Nasri is probably gone, however, when he was on Arsenal he was a top CM in the BPL. Kompany is miles better than anyone on Chelsea and Clichy/Zabs are far better attackers than cole/Azp.

Aguero is probably second best forward in BPL (RVP, Aguero, Suarez).

cech and Hart is a wash.

When they have a decent manager, you will see how good they are. For the past few years, with all that star power, they have been underperforming in Europe and in the league.

Mk Dons did better against QPR than us, your point?

My point is that Pelligrini is not a midtable manager. He took teams with financial obstacles and took them to great heights.

When they have a decent manager, you will see how good they are.

Silva most likely will be better than this season but that's hardly surprising seeing as how shit he was this season. Even when they won the title last year and Silva had his best ever season, he was not as good as Mata of this season. Going to be a close one between these guys though, if Mata kan keep up this form and Silva plays like he played last season. Then there are Hazard and Oscar who are certain to be even better next season when they're familiar with the team and the country from the very beginning of the season. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see Hazard scoring 20 league goals next season, much like Bale this year.

Tevez is good, but he's a cunt and I wouldn't be surprised to see Pellegrini getting rid of this troublemaker. Monaco are interested.

And seriously, Gael Clichy? Now you're just taking the piss.

I agree that City under a 'decent manager' like Pellegrini will be a good side, at least better than they were this season. However, I am even more sure about the fact that Chelsea will be right up there as well with Mourinho in charge and a bunch of new signings coming in. It's going to be one of the most interesting seasons ever in the Premier League next year and at this point it's impossible to predect anything, you as a Real Madrid fan just seem to be so against the idea of Mourinho succeeding that you'll say pretty much anything to make him look bad and our rivals better than they in reality are.

Just curious why the Madridistas haven't been portrayed in a bad light like us Chelsea fans. Their club had beaten the tops sides of England & Spain in consecutive matches, but their fans want Jose out of town. Ok some of their fans. I have read some grumblings about how The Special One is not so special in RM.

Silva next year will have an amazing year with City. He will be back as the CAM and you guys can judge than if Mata is really better than Silva. Tevez is more like a second striker for Man City and honestly speaking, I rate him better than anyone on Chelsea right now. When teams are physical, Tevez won't back and give up, however, our three amigos, its a different thing. Milner is def. less talented than the three amigos, however, he's more direct and works the sidelines better.

Nasri is probably gone, however, when he was on Arsenal he was a top CM in the BPL. Kompany is miles better than anyone on Chelsea and Clichy/Zabs are far better attackers than cole/Azp.

Aguero is probably second best forward in BPL (RVP, Aguero, Suarez).

cech and Hart is a wash.

When they have a decent manager, you will see how good they are. For the past few years, with all that star power, they have been underperforming in Europe and in the league.

Cole is a much better LB than Clichy will ever be.

Cech is a world-class goalkeeper. Hart isn't at that level yet, he needs to perform consistently at UCL level.

But yea, overall...I do agree that City will be a better team next season.

Why the fuck would he choose City, who just lost to WIGAN in a final, over us? The same City who are now infamous chokers in Europe? Where is the logic? They can't exactly out-bid us on any players, we have more history and more specifically a history with Mourinho himself, and have you seen the points on the PL table? It's not exactly like there's a chasm between City and ourselves this season.

Honestly it's like all logic goes out the window here sometimes.

Edit: I also believe City's policy is similar to ours. The board buy the players, not the manager. This is a huge reason as to why Mancini was frustrated during his time there. They sound worse than our own.

There are zero positives in picking City over ourselves.

You have me convinced and you haven't even touched upon the London is greater than Manchester debate :clap:

Just curious why the Madridistas haven't been portrayed in a bad light like us Chelsea fans. Their club had beaten the tops sides of England & Spain in consecutive matches, but their fans want Jose out of town. Ok some of their fans. I have read some grumblings about how The Special One is not so special in RM.

some fans dont like him anymore because of his announcements towards casillas. futhermore, he just cant play possession-football. all real madrid can do is counter-attack. if they have to dictate the game by their own, they are mostly looking clueless. they have no tactics or style of play beside the counter-attack. he couldnt stabilise the defense. he did really good things (bringen them 3 times into the semis, beating barca etc) but he couldnt implement an identity, a style of football beside of counter-attacking. so he did fail with this and he coulnt bring in "la decima". futhermore he has fallen out with a lot of players in the squad and with the media which he hates.

So that si yet another player talking about him and the joy to work under him. Almost the whole squad now :D

Carlo Ancelotti has decided to leave#PSG, and will inform President Nasser Al-Khelaifi of his decision in the next 48 hours#CFC#RMCF(AS)

Carlo Ancelotti set to inform PSG of decision to leave

http://www.as.com/english/articulo/carlo-ancelotti-set-to-inform/20130514dasdenspo_2/Ten