The Mourinho Thread

Just need a win or two then be more woo lol.Good the support is still there and always will be just weird/annoying/stupid how results less wooooo.

We're staying up that's positive hahha.said take my mum to the Porto game as a treat.don't think she sees it that way at the moment

Lol do her good.

28 games, 9 points off the top 4, we'll piss it.

10:40 - 10:59

Exactly mean go now and then anyway and plus she used to go in 70/80s and they were poor then so be like old time :D least can be annoyed with more people lol.Just funny how a loss is meh at the moment.Not a omg moment just ah it happened again

Yeah it will be like old times for her :D

We got our old Chelsea back.

Yeah it will be like old times for her :D

We got our old Chelsea back.

Hahaha remember after we won the league talking about whatever.She said how be interesting to see what would happen if we weren't top again and struggled a bit...think regrets those words lol.

Gotta laugh.The whole thing is daft but hey!Fun and games all round.We're not in the bottom 3 :D so all good

As I've stated on here before...........The great Liverpool manager Bill Shankley once said "Football is not just a matter of life and death...It's much more important than that"

That says it all for me :blue scalf:

That quote was tongue in cheek and not to be taken seriously. The families of those who died at Hillsborough probably wouldn't see it that way.

Chelsea in crisis: Is Jose Mourinho to blame for champions' failings? Stamford Bridge has been beset by difficulties this season, but how many of them can be attributed to their under-pressure manager?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/managers/jose-mourinho/11959580/Chelsea-in-crisis-Is-Jose-Mourinho-to-blame-for-champions-failings.html

Interesting article.Would like to know if thats true:

"POOR RECRUITMENT

(...)

Yet these are not problems caused by Mourinho; instead, the focus must fall on Michael Emenalo and Marina Granovskaia, who assume overall control of transfers at Stamford Bridge. Mourinho's willful blanking of players such as Rahman and Papy Djilobodji would appear to betray his true feelings."

I firmly believe this Gravoskaya lass doesn't know what football is about (and please, it has nothing to do with the fact she is a woman), but according to many reports she is the most powerful character at the moment, she was the one that hired Mourinho back and gave him the contract extension. The contract extention only could come from someone who doesn't know what she is doing at all,

If she is also assuming overall control of transers, something is really wrong, despite the sucess last season the truth is the current squad is pretty average, when you consider Cahill, Terry, Ivanovic and Azpilicueta is our "best" back four.

When he was manager they were unbeatable.........Give credit where it's due mate. Shankley transformed Liverpool from a second division club to European Champions. You and I may not like them but the manager did one hell of a job. Nothing delusional there...just fact

you need to check 'facts'

Liverpool

Football League First Division (3): 1963–64, 1965–66, 1972–73

FA Cup (2): 1964–65, 1973–74

UEFA Cup (1): 1972–73

For 15 years plus as manager.....a decent record but not outstanding or certainly unbeatable as you think.

It was Bob Paisley who took Liverpool to new heights.

like I said....that quote of Shankleys is not to be taken seriously as its a load of bollix.

There are far far more important things than football and in our case Chelsea FC

Hahaha remember after we won the league talking about whatever.She said how be interesting to see what would happen if we weren't top again and struggled a bit...think regrets those words lol.

Gotta laugh.The whole thing is daft but hey!Fun and games all round.We're not in the bottom 3 :D so all good

We're lulling the other teams into a trap. Gonna storm the league now. Anyway, its boring being top and winning all the time, gotta give the others a chance now and again

wooohooooo..at last Gollam Ballbag has got involved. That idiots history of getting things right is very poor

Balague spews so much shit.

Don't listen to a word that man has to say.

I firmly believe this Gravoskaya lass doesn't know what football is about (and please, it has nothing to do with the fact she is a woman), but according to many reports she is the most powerful character at the moment, she was the one that hired Mourinho back and gave him the contract extension. The contract extention only could come from someone who doesn't know what she is doing at all,

If she is also assuming overall control of transers, something is really wrong, despite the sucess last season the truth is the current squad is pretty average, when you consider Cahill, Terry, Ivanovic and Azpilicueta is our "best" back four.

She just does the contract negotiations and the fees for buying and selling.

She doesnt get involved in identifying players to buy or sell...the others involved in that side of things just recommend a player and she conducts the business with other clubs/agents or in the case of extensions with the players agent.

With the Mourinho extension, the talks had been ongoing many many months before he agreed and signed and as we won the trophies last season, it seemed perfectly reasonable at the time it was announced

If we dont get european football next year, can he do the simple things.

can he do the required youth integration?

can he make RLC, baba, zouma, kenedy a permament or an important feature of our team/squad.

the likes of oscar, cesc need to be thrown out. mikel, rambo are okay options but we need a strong bench. a bench which can actually be used to be rotated. JT and iva most probably wont get an extension. so our mid and defence both needs an overhaul.

our attack has been poor and non-existent. infact we have looked out of ideas. can he gives us an identity. these are the questions we must be thinking about. and right now, i just dont know if he can do what would be required off him.

Yes he can.

Although if Oscar isn't good enough then neither are Rambo/Mikel

I think he will bring in Pasalic next year (we brought him as the next Frank, and he is doing well at Monaco, who I believe are in EL right now?) and sell one of our midfielders.

Who knows? I honestly believe the club will go without CL football to keep Jose around.

the fans shout "jose mourinho", because they don't have any other songs...

Not coming up with good reasoning tells you all you wanna know; people are getting desperate.

Their backs are up against the wall and their aren't able to break the goddamn thing down. (Harvey Specter)

:D

That quote was tongue in cheek and not to be taken seriously. The families of those who died at Hillsborough probably wouldn't see it that way.

That quote was made 20 years before Hillsborough. I might agree with you if it was said 20 years after. How sure are you that at the time it was said tongue in cheek? Liverpool were very passionate about their football back then, and at that time a lot of fans agreed with Shankly's sentiment.

As for tongue in cheek........When I posted it here that's exactly what it was supposed to be mate !!!!!

you need to check 'facts'

Liverpool

Football League First Division (3): 1963–64, 1965–66, 1972–73

FA Cup (2): 1964–65, 1973–74

UEFA Cup (1): 1972–73

For 15 years plus as manager.....a decent record but not outstanding or certainly unbeatable as you think.

It was Bob Paisley who took Liverpool to new heights.

like I said....that quote of Shankleys is not to be taken seriously as its a load of bollix.

There are far far more important things than football and in our case Chelsea FC

It was Shankly who put in place the corner stones of the great Liverpool teams for the likes of Paisley to carry on. I don't let on to be an expert on Liverpool history, but I do remember seeing them play at the time on many occasions, and they were very good. And at that time, in Liverpool, football was very important to the people.The city was fairly run down with a lot of unemployment, so football was a passion up there. I quoted what Shankly said at the time, whether he said it tongue in cheek is up to you to work out. As for me?? I put up the quote as a "light hearted " comment...So take it as such..Don't take life or comments sooooo seriously......Life's too short

As for Chelsea ?? I've supported them since 1970, seen us relegated, practically go out of business, get sold for a pound, lose to clubs like Orient, sell our best players season after season to make ends meet, get hammered by Yid fans Birmingham fans Derby fans and the coppers in Coventry on a cold wet Saturday. So after supporting them for 45 years they are a big part of my life and as such are important to me. But do you really think I'm losing any sleep over our current predicament?? Not bloody likely.. It's been a rollercoaster ride and it ain't over yet and I enjoy all the highs.....and the lows too.

The thing is both Traore and Kennedy showed their worth last night, but i doubt we'll see them again for a while (unless he throws them on out of desperation in the last few minutes to get a goal). The same with RLC, after the Southampton loss Jose said he's going to give him a run of games, but no, RLC only lasted 45 minutes which is funny because he was one of our better players against Aston Villa. Jose doesn't turn to youth when we're winning (too much pressure he says) and he doesn't turn to them when we're losing, so whens the right time?