The Mourinho Thread

1 hour ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Truth be told with this Conte/Mourinho spat    -the only winner is Guardiola who is sat there grinning with a cigar between his teeth

Not sure about Pep smoking but I remember that weird photo of Mou smoking that imaginary cigar I think against Swansea?? I know they were winning 3 or 4-0.

Thought then he was classless.

2 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Not sure about Pep smoking but I remember that weird photo of Mou smoking that imaginary cigar I think against Swansea?? I know they were winning 3 or 4-0.

He was just joking with Paul Clement (they both worked together here at Chelsea) before the game, not during or after they won 4-0.

50 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Ah yes ! The whole spat with Conte is classless. Maybe its appealing to younger fans and of course the media who will pour petrol on the multimillionaires bitching, but lets get on with the football

I'm afraid I'd phone him to have a meet in some deserted parking lot

Jose Mourinho continues spat with Antonio Conte as Man United boss says he has "contempt" for Chelsea manager

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jose-mourinho-continues-spat-antonio-11842368

Another load of spiel from the vile one

Speaking on Friday afternoon, the United boss said he has “contempt” for his Chelsea rival.

“I think when a person insults another, you can expect a response,” said Mourinho. “Or you can expect contempt.

“The first time he insulted me I had a response, a response that I know that touched the point where he really feels hurt.

“Then he insulted me for a second time but now I change and now contempt and for me contempt means end of the story.”

If Ive got to crawl over broken gall I'll be at Old Trafford the end of Feb!! We really do need to fuck them up. Show them we dont roll over.

He wouldn't let it lie!!!

7 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Jose Mourinho continues spat with Antonio Conte as Man United boss says he has "contempt" for Chelsea manager

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jose-mourinho-continues-spat-antonio-11842368

Speaking on Friday afternoon, the United boss said he has “contempt” for his Chelsea rival.

“I think when a person insults another, you can expect a response,” said Mourinho. “Or you can expect contempt.

“The first time he insulted me I had a response, a response that I know that touched the point where he really feels hurt.

“Then he insulted me for a second time but now I change and now contempt and for me contempt means end of the story.”

If Ive got to crawl over broken gall I'll be at Old Trafford the end of Feb!! We really do need to fuck them up. Show them we dont roll over.

He wouldn't let it lie!!!

Hopefully this is the end...at least until the Old Trafford match.

Press will be gleefully waiting for another salvo.

They'll be asking Conte about this in his next conf. Hope he shuts them up.

15 hours ago, Unionjack said:

He wouldn't let it lie!!

Mourinho taking the moral high ground against Conte here is just :lol:. He could have stopped previously when he said Conte misunderstood the 'clown' comments but he had to go talk about the match fixing. He knew what he was doing back then and he does not get to play the victim card after Conte responded the second time.

18 minutes ago, Jason said:

Mourinho taking the moral high ground against Conte here is just :lol:. He could have stopped previously when he said Conte misunderstood the 'clown' comments but he had to go talk about the match fixing. He knew what he was doing back then and he does not get to play the victim card after Conte responded the second time.

My thoughts exactly. Even when trying to take the moral high ground, it comes equipped with a back handed comment.

4 hours ago, Unionjack said:

7 Best Players Sold By Jose Mourinho

This is why you can't give the manager too much power.

Having said that, it wouldn't be an issue if the club had a vision for the team and hired the right manager that fit that vision.  Which was not Jose, the second time around.  We were buying young skillful, promising players, which are of absolutely no use to Jose.

This is why it will hurt when Conte goes.  Our vision right now is the new stadium, IMO.  The mandate for the manager seems to be "Here are some various players.  Some of them are very good, some of them are very shit.  See what you can do".  Don't know who would do better than Conte with that.

Just now, Sideshow Luiz said:

and hired the right manager

Never a truer word!

Our problem is that we dont have an identity (style) now. We have had such alot of managers that all change the team to their style instead of us having a style we already have implemented and to then hire a manager that fits the bill!!

Unfortunately that will only happen when we have a manager who is trusted by Roman who thinks 'I like his style and want us to play that way' so he can then buy,sell players and knows he has the same vision as the owner.

Thats all well n good but Roman EXPECTS!!!I And if he doesn't get then we wont see that managers arse for dust! As we know!!!

8 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

This is why you can't give the manager too much power.

Having said that, it wouldn't be an issue if the club had a vision for the team and hired the right manager that fit that vision.  Which was not Jose, the second time around.  We were buying young skillful, promising players, which are of absolutely no use to Jose.

Honestly I'm over all of it but not De Bruyne. What a HUGE mistake that turned out to be. The best player in the most rampant PL team in history. We needed that buy-back clause, needed it. That part wasn't Jose's fault in fairness.

1 minute ago, Unionjack said:

Never a truer word!

Our problem is that we dont have an identity (style) now. We have had such alot of managers that all change the team to their style instead of us having a style we already have implemented and to then hire a manager that fits the bill!!

Unfortunately that will only happen when we have a manager who is trusted by Roman who thinks 'I like his style and want us to play that way' so he can then buy,sell players and knows he has the same vision as the owner.

Thats all well n good but Roman EXPECTS!!!I And if he doesn't get then we wont see that managers arse for dust! As we know!!!

When Barcelona need a new manager, they will come from a background of playing a possession style, attacking brand of football.  Ajax, the same.  Liverpool will always get in someone who will put an entertaining product on the pitch.  Our new manager could be anyone.

1 minute ago, The Chels said:

Honestly I'm over all of it but not De Bruyne. What a HUGE mistake that turned out to be. The best player in the most rampant PL team in history. We needed that buy-back clause, needed it. That part wasn't Jose's fault in fairness.

No it wasn't.  In fact, you could really say it wasn't his fault ultimately.  He's the manager, he works for the club, so does the technical director.  Jose says, "I can't use him, get me such and such instead".  You just say "No, he did brilliantly while out on loan, he's our player, play him, we're not selling him nor are we buying someone who will play instead of him".

The way the board are acting with Conte is what they should have done with Jose.  Problem is, that experience scarred the club so badly, that they've gone completely the opposite way, IMO.

It all comes back to having a footballing identity as a club, it would make these things much less of an issue.  If you want to build up an exciting young team like Monaco (we had the right technical director for that) and we were doing our business in that manner, that's fine, I wouldn't mind be entertained when I get up early to watch Chelsea play.  But, you can't then hire a win now manager and tell them that they have to win something or they will get sacked.  Can't have it both ways.

Every couple of years we go through the same questions.  And it always comes back to "What is it that we are trying to do?"  Maybe this is the plan.  Win/challenge for the title every 2-3 seasons.  Implode.  Get in a new manager.

6d7a4d480c138b189af425dfd26aa366.gif

Man Utd fans go berserk as former striker Michael Owen claims Mourinho ruins forwards

MICHAEL OWEN enraged Man Utd fans after claiming that boss Jose Mourinho’s style of play was responsible for stifling many attacking players’ careers

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/674643/Man-Utd-Michael-Owen-Jose-Mourinho-ruins-player-careers-video

• 2 weeks later...