The Mourinho Thread

On 13/11/2016 at 8:37 PM, manpe said:

This is why you need a sabbatical - to rest your mind and take time to reflect and put things into perspective. He is not old, it's too early for him to retire. He's not coping well with the pressure, his constant meltdowns show that. I think a bit of rest would do him good, maybe he'd come back with fresh ideas...

He's close to his mid 50s which is the age most managers begin to fall off.  the chances are he's simply not that good anymore and no amount of breaks will fix it. Like I said in my previous post, this is likely his last big managerial job at a super club. 

On 19/12/2015 at 5:02 PM, Styles said:

I can only hope that Mourinho ends up at Man Utd and he does exactly what he did here this season: lead them to one point above the relegation zone; embarrasses both himself and the club on a weekly basis; produces utterly joyless football and causes such a volatile environment that his players stop playing for him.

Ahh, I can only dream.

😉

José at the moment is like seeing your ex girl with some other guy, but you can't blame her for choosing someone else and you just can't hate her 'cuz off al the good memories you shared.

My love for this man will never fade. An if he beats that old fuck Wenger I'm happy for him. Not for Utd.

5 hours ago, BoyBlue96 said:

José at the moment is like seeing your ex girl with some other guy, but you can't blame her for choosing someone else and you just can't hate her 'cuz off al the good memories you shared.

My love for this man will never fade. An if he beats that old fuck Wenger I'm happy for him. Not for Utd.

Nah brah.. I would hate it regardless.. therefore hate her for making me feel that way which is how I feel with Jose lol.

Had this been April with the table looking as it looks now, then I'd probably wank all over a United win. But since it's so early in the season and Chelsea play Boro this round I think I'm going to settle for an Arsenal win. Or a draw. Tons of (negative) records have been broken since Fergie has left United - they are due a new one. So I guess it's time for Wenger to win his first PL match against the deluded one. Fucking hate them both but at this point it's more refreshing watching Mourinho and United fail.

7 hours ago, BoyBlue96 said:

I have a great dislike for Arsene "Wanker" so this made me smile :) 
But still, even though I love José, a draw please. 

:lol: Using league titles to demand respect? Delusional. Wenger may not have won the league in ages but at least he doesn't act like a twat and treat people without respect.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

:lol: Using league titles to demand respect? Delusional. Wenger may not have won the league in ages but at least he doesn't act like a twat and treat people without respect.

Agreed. I believe Wenger didn't really comment on Jose yesterday but Jose did. Gives me some laughs.

Fuck me for linking to an ArsenalFanTV video, but the big guy is pretty right about Mou. One of the biggest things I dislike(d) about him was the whole not developing youth thing. Hope Conte does. 

13 hours ago, Jason said:

Lets not pretend Wenger is without his horrible moment's, i mean remember the way he use to accuse teams who didn't open up to them of playing anti football, he was awful at it back in the late 00's especially, accusing not only Pulis, Allardyce and O Neil of it but Ancelotti and Fergie as well. Lets not forget the times he refused to shake hands with opposition managers and tried to pick a fight with Pardew and Jol.

I'm not defending Jose in any capacity here, just pointing out that Wenger's not this perfect gentleman that is made out.

4 hours ago, Tomo said:

Lets not pretend Wenger is without his horrible moment's, i mean remember the way he use to accuse teams who didn't open up to them of playing anti football, he was awful at it back in the late 00's especially, accusing not only Pulis, Allardyce and O Neil of it but Ancelotti and Fergie as well. Lets not forget the times he refused to shake hands with opposition managers and tried to pick a fight with Pardew and Jol.

I'm not defending Jose in any capacity here, just pointing out that Wenger's not this perfect gentleman that is made out.

Not saying Wenger is a saint but he certainly doesn't go to the extreme like Mourinho does. That's the point.

United fans are an absolute joke. As much as a joke Mourinho himself has become. Match made in heaven.

Just a year ago when we went to Old Trafford I can still hear them sing "F#ck off Mourinho" and now suddenly they act like they've always loved and liked him. 

And now, last saturday they sang "Chelsea rent boy" to Cech (an ex-CFC player sadly) while their own manager is also an ex-Chelsea person. They really DO have the most and the most idiotic fans in the world. 

On 11/18/2016 at 9:07 PM, Jason said:

Now we're defending Wenger? Lol. 

Come on, Mourinho is right. He's been called outdated and what not, maybe under the adaptation of English football in the last 18 months he has. However, he's absolutely right. He did win the title with Chelsea barely 2 year ago and he did that after returning from a lengthy absence in which Wenger won.. nothing.

If he said that at Chelsea, we'd all be praising. So you know, objectivity and all that :lol: 

45 minutes ago, LDN Blue said:

Now we're defending Wenger? Lol. 

Come on, Mourinho is right. He's been called outdated and what not, maybe under the adaptation of English football in the last 18 months he has. However, he's absolutely right. He did win the title with Chelsea barely 2 year ago and he did that after returning from a lengthy absence in which Wenger won.. nothing.

If he said that at Chelsea, we'd all be praising. So you know, objectivity and all that :lol: 

Who's defending Wenger? The point here isn't even about who won the title and when they last did it. And please, not all Chelsea fans were on the same page when it comes to praising Mourinho.

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

The point here isn't even about who won the title and when they last did it

But it should be respected lol. Mourinho's been slated, not just by Chelsea fans, for his last 2 years. Whether he's acted out or not, those are the facts (not to sound like Rafa here). 

I often compare Mou to Kanye West :lol:. Both outlandish as hell, but their results speak volumes and can be overlooked. (not accusing you of this btw)

26 minutes ago, LDN Blue said:

I often compare Mou to Kanye West :lol:. Both outlandish as hell, but their results speak volumes and can be overlooked. (not accusing you of this btw)

And both also make shit football/music, but win trophies/sell records while doing that. Pretty apt comparison.

1 minute ago, manpe said:

And both also make shit football/music, but win trophies/sell records while doing that. Pretty apt comparison.

Agree to disagree on the former because that's matter of opinion, not fact. But precisely the second, in a results industry its the only thing that should matter. Not how humble or how much humility that person shows.

1 hour ago, LDN Blue said:

But it should be respected lol. Mourinho's been slated, not just by Chelsea fans, for his last 2 years. Whether he's acted out or not, those are the facts (not to sound like Rafa here). 

1 hour ago, LDN Blue said:

Agree to disagree on the former because that's matter of opinion, not fact. But precisely the second, in a results industry its the only thing that should matter. Not how humble or how much humility that person shows.

I don't disagree but you should also know that it takes more than just success to get total respect from people. Mourinho deserves respect for what he's achieved yes but success only gets you respect to a certain extent.