The Mourinho Thread

7 minutes ago, Essien19 said:

Has as many CL trophies as Guardiola. Wait till the end of the season, City were better, today wasn't good enough, but it's still a long way to go.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

I wasn't talking about that for Christ's sake. Look at City - Guardiola has put his stamp on the team already, they are attacking in numbers, creating lots of chances to score, favour a possession based football, play a super highline etc. You can see the changes. Look at Conte's Chelsea, we are in for something new. Not as much as City, but there is definitely some things that have changed (the intensity in our game, the pressing high up the pitch, the attacking patterns, the use of wingers). Liverpool are also playing something different with Klopp, Tottenham are a proactive team with Pochettino. You can definitely see the managers' influence on their respective teams.

What about Mourinho? Everybody blamed the Chelsea players for somehow "sabotaging" their manager, but is there any difference from last September's Chelsea and this United? Mourinho's United? Dodgy win against relegation fodder Hull, dog shite against City and now absolutely awful against Feyenoord. What's he really brought new to this team other than a 200m buying spree? He's as dull and spineless as Van Gaal. 

Mourinho's plan A is to rely on one of his player's individual brilliance (Hazard). If this does not work, then play hoof ball, throw one of your defenders (Ivanovic) into the opposite area to partner your centre forward (Diego Costa) and see what happens.

Tonight against Feyenoord it was Mourinho at his best again :lol: Relied on Martial or Pogba to do something. They were dog shite. He then asked Smalling to partner Ibrahimovic for the last 15 minutes. :lol:

He is a shadow of his former self and the his tactics are absolutely appalling. All that is left is a bitter ol' man with a fetish for tall players and hoof ball. I bet United board are beginning to question their decision to sign him.

8 minutes ago, Tautvix said:

I know you love Jose, I admire him too.

But the thing is Jose is just not the same guy who was with Porto, Chelsea (1st time) and Inter. Looks completely different. His time at Real Madrid ruined him and I feel there's no way back to his best for him. Jose will fix Man Utd this season anyway and they will finish in top 3. Jose might still win some trophies bus his teams will never be a dominant force again.

Played fantastic football for parts of the 2014/2015 season, though.

From their perspective the City game was so disappointing, results speaking it could have been a draw, but football wise people expected so much more. City created more chances, they knew what to do before they even had the ball, with this attitude you minimalize the chances of losing, simple as that.

Their midfield can't dictate play: Mourinho changed the line up for that game against City and got it wrong: too passive, too defensive.

• Pogba too far away from goal
  • Rooney still untouchable
  • Martial low on confidence and immediately been dropped; Mkhiraryan unfit for duty and inconsistent Lingard were fielded out instead.

I don't believe that Madrid took away his abilities, the game's changed. These days even a David Silva wins you 'enough' headers, height is overrated, imo. Crosses should only be part of the game, even with someone like Ibra upfront.

• More movement off the ball
  • More pace
  • More variability on the ball, passing with an idea, an idea to score a goal.

I agree that running away with the league back to back seasons looks nearly impossible.

• Early days, but Pep's football has been looking fantastically
  • Conte's attacking play is unpredictable, he changes stuff, dropping Fabregas has been a top decision, imo.
  • Klopp's team is very uncomfortable to play against.

And of course, all of three them have enough money to buy their targets. All three of them will win lots of games.

Mourinho is known for finding the weak spot in most of the teams around, but relying on a few opportunities is a risky call these days. If he can't come up with something quickly, he won't win the league this season. Opinions differ, i think he can do it, but i agree, it's not a sure thing. So far, people expected more!

16 minutes ago, Essien19 said:

Played fantastic football for parts of the 2014/2015 season, though.

From their perspective the City game was so disappointing, results speaking it could have been a draw, but football wise people expected so much more. City created more chances, they knew what to do before they even had the ball, with this attitude you minimalize the chances of losing, simple as that.

Their midfield can't dictate play: Mourinho changed the line up for that game against City and got it wrong: too passive, too defensive.

• Pogba too far away from goal
  • Rooney still untouchable
  • Martial low on confidence and immediately been dropped; Mkhiraryan unfit for duty and inconsistent Lingard were fielded out instead.

I don't believe that Madrid took away his abilities, the game's changed. These days even a David Silva wins you 'enough' headers, height is overrated, imo. Crosses should only be part of the game, even with someone like Ibra upfront.

• More movement off the ball
  • More pace
  • More variability on the ball, passing with an idea, an idea to score a goal.

I agree that running away with the league back to back seasons looks nearly impossible.

• Early days, but Pep's football has been looking fantastically
  • Conte's attacking play is unpredictable, he changes stuff, dropping Fabregas has been a top decision, imo.
  • Klopp's team is very uncomfortable to play against.

And of course, all of three them have enough money to buy their targets. All three of them will win lots of games.

Mourinho is known for finding the weak spot in most of the teams around, but relying on a few opportunities is a risky call these days. If he can't come up with something quickly, he won't win the league this season. Opinions differ, i think he can do it, but i agree, it's not a sure thing. So far, people expected more!

55 minutes ago, petre.ispirescu said:

I wasn't talking about that for Christ's sake. Look at City - Guardiola has put his stamp on the team already, they are attacking in numbers, creating lots of chances to score, favour a possession based football, play a super highline etc. You can see the changes. Look at Conte's Chelsea, we are in for something new. Not as much as City, but there is definitely some things that have changed (the intensity in our game, the pressing high up the pitch, the attacking patterns, the use of wingers). Liverpool are also playing something different with Klopp, Tottenham are a proactive team with Pochettino. You can definitely see the managers' influence on their respective teams.

What about Mourinho? Everybody blamed the Chelsea players for somehow "sabotaging" their manager, but is there any difference from last September's Chelsea and this United? Mourinho's United? Dodgy win against relegation fodder Hull, dog shite against City and now absolutely awful against Feyenoord. What's he really brought new to this team other than a 200m buying spree? He's as dull and spineless as Van Gaal. 

Mourinho's plan A is to rely on one of his player's individual brilliance (Hazard). If this does not work, then play hoof ball, throw one of your defenders (Ivanovic) into the opposite area to partner your centre forward (Diego Costa) and see what happens.

Tonight against Feyenoord it was Mourinho at his best again :lol: Relied on Martial or Pogba to do something. They were dog shite. He then asked Smalling to partner Ibrahimovic for the last 15 minutes. :lol:

You made some good points. Nice comparison with other managers.

But overall i wouldn't call it dull. They really went for it against Hull, kept going.  Against a much better opposition (City) their good spells were way too short, though.

You'd expect more from him and his team, not debating it.

Early days, but their opponents are up for it, i guess that's clear.

3 hours ago, Essien19 said:

Has as many CL trophies as Guardiola. Wait till the end of the season, City were better, today wasn't good enough, but it's still a long way to go.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

One thing I agree with you, wait till the end of the season. 

I do think he will figure it out and turn around. 

If he doesn't, this is going to be ugly. 

If his latest quote isn't another dig at certain players again I don't know what is.

"I will pick a normal team for the weekend"

He's been there weeks and has already rocked the boat.....Who the fuck does he think he is.

23 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

If his latest quote isn't another dig at certain players again I don't know what is.

"I will pick a normal team for the weekend"

He's been there weeks and has already rocked the boat.....Who the fuck does he think he is.

"I would have been worried if that was our first team.  As it was, it was a Europa League match, with 7 changes... "

Coming from a Manchester United fan. Hmm, let's see:

Smalling instead of Blind, the change all United fans were screaming for after the City game.

Both fullbacks changed, in this department clearly the second-string playing. 

Herrera and Schneiderlin instead of Fellaini and Rooney. Herrera is the guy all their fans were so happy to come on at HT last weekend and claimed he almost changed the game. Pogba finally getting to play the Rooney role is what they've all been wishing too. Here only Schneiderlin in place of Fellaini can be really considered fielding a weakened side, other changes just shuffling up first teamers.

Lingard and Mkhitaryan haven't been starters for them and for Mourinho to play them in the derby was just bizarre, so bringing on Martial and Mata was a move back to the lineup fielded in three league games before City.

Rashford instead of Zlatan. Playing Rashford from the start is obviously weaker than playing Zlatan but isn't he supposed to be the wonder boy so why was he all of a sudden not good enough to play against an Eredivisie side?

Conclusion: of the eight changes only four were actually from the second-string and the rest just Mourinho shuffling up his team after their disappointing performance against City. If their squad without Zlatan, Shaw and Valencia is not good enough to beat Feyenoord it just means the squad is shit and Mourinho doesn't know how to get the best out of players like Mkhitaryan and Pogba.

Actually all those hating on Pep and calling him a fraud are eating their words right now. 

Continues to prove why he is the best in the world. 

And simple as fact that we wanted Pep and when he didn't came we went for Mourinho. Which was all wrong since he left us completely devoid of creative talent we once had ready for Pep.