Pedro Rodríguez

Pacquiao

So no one saw this?

and JM wanted 2 get new players in 4 pre-season Did that 2 weeks ago too. Remember..,Big week for CFC tweet? They tried for Stones and Pedro

Thanks man,

I've now seen some other interesting tweets from him:

ROB ‏@1RobBeasley
No Pogba, no Turan, no Griezmann, no Goetze, no Varanne, no Isco, no Bale, no Messi.
Despite what all the papers were saying!!!!!!!
ROB
‏@1RobBeasley
He's BEING ASKED to go again with essentially the same squad!!!
(Wrote that 2 weeks ago)

ROB ‏@1RobBeasley

and JM wanted 2 get new players in 4 pre-season Did that 2 weeks ago too. Remember..,Big week for CFC tweet? They tried for Stones and Pedro
ROB ‏@1RobBeasley
If players do come in...others will go out to balance it up
EG - Stones in, Luis out.
ROB ‏@1RobBeasley
#CFC now most keen on recruiting young talent and trying to develop them into top stars. Think Hazard Oscar Courtois Lukaku KDB Zouma Stones

how are people equating moses and pedro?

if we dont buy pedro, it will be because of cuadrado (who seems to have jose's vote of confidence). moses will be our 5th choice AM. mainly for cup games, CL dead rubbers and an odd PL game here and there. that is not why we would be getting pedro for. as a squad player, moses would be a very decent player to have.

I'm sure the acquisition of stones has nothing to do with luis. It would be luis out , baba and stones in. Or we would have one left back , who is supposed to be a right back.

how are people equating moses and pedro?

if we dont buy pedro, it will be because of cuadrado (who seems to have jose's vote of confidence). moses will be our 5th choice AM. mainly for cup games, CL dead rubbers and an odd PL game here and there. that is not why we would be getting pedro for. as a squad player, moses would be a very decent player to have.

That would be a total waste. Why bury him on the bench never to be seen in any meaningful match when we could surely get £10-12m from some midtable side?

Thanks man,

I've now seen some other interesting tweets from him:

ROB ‏@1RobBeasley
No Pogba, no Turan, no Griezmann, no Goetze, no Varanne, no Isco, no Bale, no Messi.
Despite what all the papers were saying!!!!!!!
ROB
‏@1RobBeasley
He's BEING ASKED to go again with essentially the same squad!!!
(Wrote that 2 weeks ago)

ROB ‏@1RobBeasley

ROB ‏@1RobBeasley
If players do come in...others will go out to balance it up
EG - Stones in, Luis out.
ROB ‏@1RobBeasley
#CFC now most keen on recruiting young talent and trying to develop them into top stars. Think Hazard Oscar Courtois Lukaku KDB Zouma Stones

Rob Beasley is a journalist but acts like a complete twat. Then again, he works for The Sun.

That would be a total waste. Why bury him on the bench never to be seen in any meaningful match when we could surely get £10-12m from some midtable side?

cos of FFP. we have already done our quota of selling with players like cech, kakuta, josh and most probably even salah.

also, who would take moses' spot? make another 15mil salah-ish buy?

mikel had 13 starts last season, 1320 minutes. if moses can reciprocate those numbers in the cup games and sub apperances, it would be some substantial work load off our 4 main AMs.

Taking the totality of what Jose has said about new recruits since before the end of last season, how can you possibly reach that conclusion? Can people not see that Jose is reacting to events and saying things which are dictated by the situation? Should he say we've been trying to sign good players but weren't able to so now we'll go for some second rate players instead?

All managers find themselves in these difficulties when it comes to public statements and I know everyone here is as aware of this as I am so why are people so hell bent on taking manager speak so literally all of a sudden? We all know the squad needs improvements, Jose knows it, and has said it. If circumstances dictate that he makes other statements now, well that's just one of the requirements of his job.

Trust me, my ambition for Chelsea is for us to get as strong and dominant in world football as we used to be from 2004-2007

We used to be favourites in the Champions League and no one in Europe wanted to face Chelsea.

Last season it was obvious in our desire for our team to improve during the summer transfer period. For some reason we have relaxed this time. Even after frustrating a lot of fans by selling cech to Arsenal, I thought they'd appease us by trying to bid for more quality players.

I'm just saying that this quietness is only acceptable if we get some youth team players promoted into the starting line-up.

Trust me, my ambition for Chelsea is for us to get as strong and dominant in world football as we used to be from 2004-2007

We used to be favourites in the Champions League and no one in Europe wanted to face Chelsea.

Last season it was obvious in our desire for our team to improve during the summer transfer period. For some reason we have relaxed this time. Even after frustrating a lot of fans by selling cech to Arsenal, I thought they'd appease us by trying to bid for more quality players.

I'm just saying that this quietness is only acceptable if we get some youth team players promoted into the starting line-up.

No.

Kellz,

Of course I believe you but, as I see it, this statement registers you as less ambitious for our team than I am.

I do not think the '04 - '07 era team was dominant. Not dominant enough anyway. I remember listening to a phone in where an Everton fan reacted to us winning at Goodison by describing us as, the worst Champions he had ever seen. I think I remember the call because I pretty much agreed with him. We were clunky a lot of the time, frequently had poor passing days and the most common media wrap up on our games was, Chelsea weren't at their best today. A euphemism for crap a lot of the time. Of course, Jose being Jose, those teams collected points as fast as we could count 'em but that doesn't satisfy all my hopes for this club.

I've been alive a long time and have supported sides that really were the best; Lancashire's one day teams of 69-75, the Big Red Machine of '75 & '76, the Washington squad that won Superbowl XXVI, and even the Chelsea U19 sides that should have won the inaugural UEFA Youth League and which corrected that foul up last season. I know what it's like when your team is the best, I know the confidence it brings and I know the attitude which comes with that confidence. I have never once experienced that feeling as a supporter of Chelsea's first team.

My point here is that I bow to no man, or woman, in my ambition for this club or the demands I make of its teams.

Forgive me, I try very hard to communicate respectfully at all times yet I'm going to drop my guard for a moment because the point being made here seems to me to be nonsense. The only difference between last summer and this one is that we succeeded in signing two of our main targets in 2014 whereas this time around we are clearly finding it more difficult. That does not mean that we do not see the need to improve or that we are not trying to do it.

Of course, given the lack of movement so far, Jose has to play it cool with his comments but more fool anyone who believes them. Managers always lie, they have to. They never want to sell players, until they do. Their squads only ever need slight adjustments then they go and sign half a dozen players. It's a game and we all know how it works.

Let's examine last summer; there are at least two sides closer to Cesc's heart than Chelsea but neither wanted him. We got him because he was available. Diego has a fantastic scoring record but he does not have the technical finesse which clubs higher up the food chain like to acquire. He is not a Barca or Madrid type and none of; Van Gaal, Guardiola, Pelligrini or Wenger would go for him either. We got him because he was available.

Of course we had/have targets this summer, Jose has made that clear both explicitly and implicitly. Last year's targets just turned out to be easier gets than this summer's. That is all. It's plain ridiculous to assume that because we haven't yet succeeded in this market that it must mean we are relaxed about it.

Why? Have we become a finishing school?

I watch all development games broadcast by CTV and am a big fan of some of our young footballers. I'd love to see as many of them as deserve to, make a breakthrough here but this is not a goal in itself. This is not the aim of the football club. Our aim is competing at the level demanded by our resources. Who is in the team while we do that matters a whole lot less than how good the team is. Now if some youngsters step up and prove to be good enough to strengthen our side, then that's one thing, but a youngster for a youngster's sake is just vanity and gets us nowhere.

Kellz,

Of course I believe you but, as I see it, this statement registers you as less ambitious for our team than I am.

I do not think the '04 - '07 era team was dominant. Not dominant enough anyway. I remember listening to a phone in where an Everton fan reacted to our visit by describing us as, the worst Champions he had ever seen. I think I remember the call because I pretty much agreed with him. We were clunky a lot of the time, frequently had poor passing days and the most common media wrap up on our games was, Chelsea weren't at their best today. A euphemism for crap a lot of the time. Of course, Jose being Jose, those teams collected points as fast as we could count 'em but that doesn't satisfy all my hopes for this club.

I've been alive a long time and have supported sides that really were the best; Lancashire's one day teams of 69-75, the Big Red Machine of '75 & '76, the Washington squad that won Superbowl XXVI, and even the Chelsea U19 sides that should have won the inaugural UEFA Youth League and which corrected that foul up last season. I know what it's like when your team is the best, I know the confidence it brings and I know the attitude which comes with that confidence. I have never once experienced that feeling as a supporter of Chelsea's first team.

My point here is that I bow to no man, or woman, in my ambition for this club.

Although I can see were your coming from I do believe we were completely dominant from 04-06, in 07 we let United back in it, but in the two season's of 04-05 and 05-06 we were as dominAnt as it can get.

Of course we had some poor games were we didn't really show up, but domestically I truly believe those teams would beat any other in PL history to the title, they were that good. The sheer amount of records we broke in one fled swoop was insane.

What felt summed up the feeling off invincibility we had in the calendar year of 2005 especially was I remember quite a few strikers being on form at the beggining of that season, Bent, Defoe, Henry yet all were cut completely out of the game when we got hold of them.

I would love us to build a team that could reach that bar (which still to this day hasn't been raised by any one in England), I would say we were one of the best teams off all time in those two year's, we didn't get the credit we deserved because we didn't play the "purists football", but in terms of the teams quality, i would put no other team in PL history above us circa 04-06.

Although I can see were your coming from I do believe we were completely dominant from 04-06, in 07 we let United back in it, but in the two season's of 04-05 and 05-06 we were as dominAnt as it can get.

Of course we had some poor games were we didn't really show up, but domestically I truly believe those teams would beat any other in PL history to the title, they were that good. The sheer amount of records we broke in one fled swoop was insane.

What felt summed up the feeling off invincibility we had in the calendar year of 2005 especially was I remember quite a few strikers being on form at the beggining of that season, Bent, Defoe, Henry yet all were cut completely out of the game when we got hold of them.

I would love us to build a team that could reach that bar (which still to this day hasn't been raised by any one in England), I would say we were one of the best teams off all time in those two year's, we didn't get the credit we deserved because we didn't play the "purists football", but in terms of the teams quality, i would put no other team in PL history above us circa 04-06.

Yes, as Jose put it the '04-'06 sides were points machines but, in my opinion, that was due largely to Jose's structure and the unbelievable magnificence of Terry, Gallas, Carvalho & Cech at the base of the team. As an attacking force were frequently disjointed or worse. I never felt as confident in the ability of those sides to deliver trophies as I did about any of the other sides I've listed above. Not for one day.

Kellz,

I do not think the '04 - '07 era team was dominant. Not dominant enough anyway. I remember listening to a phone in where an Everton fan reacted to us winning at Goodison by describing us as, the worst Champions he had ever seen. I think I remember the call because I pretty much agreed with him. We were clunky a lot of the time, frequently had poor passing days and the most common media wrap up on our games was, Chelsea weren't at their best today. A euphemism for crap a lot of the time. Of course, Jose being Jose, those teams collected points as fast as we could count 'em but that doesn't satisfy all my hopes for this club.

My point here is that I bow to no man, or woman, in my ambition for this club or the demands I make of its teams.

Forgive me, I try very hard to communicate respectfully at all times yet I'm going to drop my guard for a moment because the point being made here seems to me to be nonsense. The only difference between last summer and this one is that we succeeded in signing two of our main targets in 2014 whereas this time around we are clearly finding it more difficult. That does not mean that we do not see the need to improve or that we are not trying to do it.

Of course, given the lack of movement so far, Jose has to play it cool with his comments but more fool anyone who believes them. Managers always lie, they have to. They never want to sell players, until they do. Their squads only ever need slight adjustments then they go and sign half a dozen players. It's a game and we all know how it works.

Let's examine last summer; there are at least two sides closer to Cesc's heart than Chelsea but neither wanted him. We got him because he was available. Diego has a fantastic scoring record but he does not have the technical finesse which clubs higher up the food chain like to acquire. He is not a Barca or Madrid type and none of; Van Gaal, Guardiola, Pelligrini or Wenger would go for him either. We got him because he was available.

Of course we had/have targets this summer, Jose has made that clear both explicitly and implicitly. Last year's targets just turned out to be easier gets than this summer's. That is all. It's plain ridiculous to assume that because we haven't yet succeeded in this market that it must mean we are relaxed about it.

You underestimate that our team. No team from last season will beat that team easily, if at all. We turned world class strikers to rubbish against us.

I know targets are not easy this season but we can try harder. We need another goalscorer to complement for when Hazard and Costa are marked. Why not bid for reus /Griezmaan??

Last season we went without hazard getting injured. Just imagine if hazard or fabregas gets injured for long spells, who in our team can replace any of the chances/goals/assists they create from midfield???

In the Champions League, PSG just put Verratti on Hazard and the rest of our team couldn't create chances for shit or stop them from creating their own. We need another high level winger and we're still playing financial fair play games while our rivals are throwing millions on their targets.

It may be difficult to get players this window but we're certainly not doing enough. We're too relaxed imo.

Why? Have we become a finishing school?

I watch all development games broadcast by CTV and am a big fan of some of our young footballers. I'd love to see as many of them as deserve to, make a breakthrough here but this is not a goal in itself. This is not the aim of the football club. Our aim is competing at the level demanded by our resources. Who is in the team while we do that matters a whole lot less than how good the team is. Now if some youngsters step up and prove to be good enough to strengthen our side, then that's one thing, but a youngster for a youngster's sake is just vanity and gets us nowhere

I said I'll be fine if we promote our youth players if we are not buying again, but this will come at a price of our improvement in the Champions League (especially from Mourinho's speech) it doesn't mean I don't know what we need to be a force in Europe again. Having some youth like traore and RLC take up cuadrado and mikel minutes isn't bad in this scenario...