Radamel Falcao

BlueLion.

Theres no way torres is going anywhere,

You got a tip from someone reliable? I am not saying I'm expecting him to leave, it's just that he could. He is a 28 year old striker who's main attribute was his pace and his unique skill creating something out of nothing. Both have degraded, especially the 2nd one. He is earning 150k per week. I would cut my losses.

What I posted above was just a rumor...perhaps completely made up, perhaps not...fuck if I know but it would be something I would try to do if I was the man making the decisions...

Before you get excited about this Torres+15mio for Falcao stuff, did you saw how happy Roman was when Nino scored hattrick?

He would be even happier when Falcao would score a lot more hat tricks than Torres. :ph34r:

Without going into what can happen (Chelsea's past activity in this regard render any speculations meaningless), my view on the way I see things with regards to our frontman next season :

- Didier is on his way out and it's probably for the best for all concerned.

- We cannot have another year of trying to accomodate two strikers together somehow.

- I see another big name coming in only if Torres leaves, otherwise the manager would be left with a choice of putting either a £50m investment on the bench or a £40m one.

-If Torres does stay, the most we need to do upfront then would be to bring in someone as backup in case of injury/ loss of form etc. Lukaku will be going on loan and Sturridge alone does not strike me as 'able' backup at this moment in time.

- As regards Torres himself, the time has come for him to step up or fuck off. 18 months have lapsed since the move and while his form has improved, it's not saying much considering the past. Nice guy and all and I obviously wish him to fire on all cylinders, but diregarding emotion in favour of logic, it's show time as far as he's concerned.

- As regards Torres himself, the time has come for him to step up or fuck off. 18 months have lapsed since the move and while his form has improved, it's not saying much considering the past. Nice guy and all and I obviously wish him to fire on all cylinders, but diregarding emotion in favour of logic, it's show time as far as he's concerned.

But the question is, do we take a punt on that by not approaching a striker like Falcao this summer? Because if he doesn't step up, we're fucked again till Jan.

But the question is, do we take a punt on that by not approaching a striker like Falcao this summer? Because if he doesn't step up, we're fucked again till Jan.

It's not an easy one to answer. I believe we can get the best out of him with a system like the current 4231 with added quality on the flanks (maybe with Hulk). I'd give him those 6 months till Jan, half a season where he can truly operate as our main man without living in the Drog's shadow.

I think torres needs to be the main man to get the best out of him. However we need very reliable back up to him. Has anyone noticed he hasn't been injured whilst at us - that may change if there was suddenly an over-reliance on him.

It's not an easy one to answer. I believe we can get the best out of him with a system like the current 4231 with added quality on the flanks (maybe with Hulk). I'd give him those 6 months till Jan, half a season where he can truly operate as our main man without living in the Drog's shadow.

Bang on! Completely second it.

Spending 30M odd on Falcao, I would rather spend it on a quality midfielder right now because i believe if we have a good midfield Torres would be very dangerous. He doesnt have to track back like he keeps doing now rather be in and around the box to finish it. If we are not going to invest in our midfield and get in clinical strikers, it would be the same old Torres story.

What about Sturridge and Lukaku? I think between the three of them there's just enough goals to get us through to January in a position to still be competing for trophies. If needed, we could buy Falcao then.

Get him.

As much as i like Torres and want him to become prolific again, I don't think we can rely on him for next season. We want to win the Prem or at the very least cement a CL spot next season so we are going to need an in form striker who's flying high!