Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Billy.

6 minutes ago, bluephoenix said:

We have been absolutely the joke of the town this transfer season. Hands down jokers.

More than players we need new board members because the current lot is an embarrassment to the club.

Really? Try being an Arsenal fan; we could have done more but we're far from being a joke.

13 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

He turned down a new contract at Arsenal a few days ago so how is that a long time ?. It's only become apparent overnight that he didn't want to play wing back so again how can you blame the board ?. If someone doesn't want to join Chelsea that's their choice nothing that the board can do about it.

It has been dragging whole summer that he wants to leave. Also that he prefers to play midfield. Clear as day, there were concerns here two months ago that he might refuse to join us because he wants to be midfielder and not RWB. 

If Talkchelsea had sense of whats going on, I dont understand why chelsea board didnt check these things at least a month ago. We were interested in him long before he refused new contract. 

Yes we can do nothing when player doesnt want to join us, but we can do alot in how and when we handle transfers 

If we enquired about his situation and his demands earlier, it would give us enough time to find new target by now.

But now we are fucked, one day to go, it will be panic once again.

2 minutes ago, Rich De Hog said:

Really? Try being an Arsenal fan; we could have done more but we're far from being a joke.

If you are going to compare us with Arsenal then I have no words. Arsenal are joke because of Ox and Sanchez which is happening right now but we have been joke right from the start of the transfer.

He's fucking deluded if he thinks he going to be playing in that liverpool midfield he will end up out wide or a right back. Wenger may be a fucking clown, but if OX was any good in the CM position Wenger would of played him there properly.

Having him in addition to either Willian or Pedro rampaging down our right flank could've been something special. Instead he'll go to Liverpool and be a rotational midfield player and have his best attributes wasted. Shame.

I wouldn't be nearly as angry as I am right now if this had happened weeks ago. Now, unless we panic buy someone who's only decent and nothing more, we're shit out of luck as far as wing backs go. 

Only thing that really gives me hope is that we "panic bought" Marcos Alonso last deadline day, everyone thought he was average and laughed that he was ex-Sunderland, and he turned out to be a fantastic buy. Let's pray that we strike gold again.

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

Having him in addition to either Willian or Pedro rampaging down our right flank could've been something special. Instead he'll go to Liverpool and be a rotational midfield player and have his best attributes wasted. Shame.

I wouldn't be nearly as angry as I am right now if this had happened weeks ago. Now, unless we panic buy someone who's only decent and nothing more, we're shit out of luck as far as wing backs go. 

Only thing that really gives me hope is that we "panic bought" Marcos Alonso last deadline day, everyone thought he was average and laughed that he was ex-Sunderland, and he turned out to be a fantastic buy. Let's pray that we strike gold again.

Am hoping that we was never in for OX because neither clubs confirmed it. So maybe just maybe we have some one lined up..

3 minutes ago, bluephoenix said:

If you are going to compare us with Arsenal then I have no words. Arsenal are joke because of Ox and Sanchez which is happening right now but we have been joke right from the start of the transfer.

Same complaints every year; why aren't we spending £100 million etc etc.... yet we keep winning titles, were not a joke, we've signed three young players with bags of potential, two of which could easily make the jump into the Ballon catergory if they apply themselves.

We don't need a revolution we need to bolster the squad and players like drinkwater ( a PL winner) and the much travelled Llorente are perfect additions. The only shame is we've missed out on Sandro.

3 minutes ago, Rich De Hog said:

Same complaints every year; why aren't we spending £100 million etc etc.... yet we keep winning titles, were not a joke, we've signed three young players with bags of potential, two of which could easily make the jump into the Ballon catergory if they apply themselves.

Which 2 could make the Ballon d'or list? 

52 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

It has been dragging whole summer that he wants to leave. Also that he prefers to play midfield. Clear as day, there were concerns here two months ago that he might refuse to join us because he wants to be midfielder and not RWB. 

If Talkchelsea had sense of whats going on, I dont understand why chelsea board didnt check these things at least a month ago. We were interested in him long before he refused new contract. 

Yes we can do nothing when player doesnt want to join us, but we can do alot in how and when we handle transfers 

If we enquired about his situation and his demands earlier, it would give us enough time to find new target by now.

But now we are fucked, one day to go, it will be panic once again.

There's been rumours he wanted to leave but he refused to sign a new contract only a few days ago what exactly are Chelsea supposed to have done ?. If we approached him outside of the transfer window  we would get done for tapping up so your point about enquiring about his situation is invalid. Bottom line he was offered a deal by us he turned it down it happens.

We can't do anymore than bid, have it accepted and then he wants to go elsewhere. Club have done all they can to get him, I'm fine with that, what I'm not fine with how close to the close of the window we are and it took this fucking long to bid.

If we have a plan B we need to fucking hurry up.

6 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

We can't do anymore than bid, have it accepted and then he wants to go elsewhere. Club have done all they can to get him, I'm fine with that, what I'm not fine with how close to the close of the window we are and it took this fucking long to bid.

I think our board is the only ones in the world that didn't know Ox wanted to leave Arsenal due to playing at WB

9 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

That's it. If acted soon least we'd known for definite he didn't want to play in that position and nothing would change his mind. So was always gana be a no.

Not day before the window shuts surprise!! Or not surprise as it was seeing as he wants to leave Arsenal for that reason! Someone must have known and thought hmmm hang on.

Or just arrogant and thought cause it's who we are he'll think mehhh I'll come. Nope! Nothing to say Liverpool won't compete,in champions league as well so why not just risk it.

5 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

There's been rumours he wanted to leave but he refused to sign a new contract only a few days ago what exactly are Chelsea supposed to have done ?. If we approached him outside of the transfer window  we would get done for tapping up so your point about enquiring about his situation is invalid. Bottom line he was offered a deal by us he turned it down it happens.

I m sure that Ox is not the only option available out there ... what everyone is pissed (I believe) is that we didnt act much earlier in the window, surely Ox was not the first choice, would be 3rd/4th maybe 5th... Club should have identified the targets and have plan A,B,C,D ready ... I know plan A was Sandro and it didnt go as plan (i think we didnt try hard, just an opinion) but then what about plan B, C?

It is how we acted in the window is what is disappointing when clearly we knew that we need to strengthen the team!!! 

20 hours ago, The Skipper said:

I'm done man. We can't even secure Oxlade. He'd rather stay at that mess of a club (Arsenal) or go to Liverpool than join the champions of England. A weak transfer window, yet again. 

We have been very, very, very lucky to suffer our decline while the whole English football was declining as well. It has allowed us to keep the head out of the water and to win two PL, otherwise we would be right now at the same level as Liverpool. Seeing our inability — or rather, our non-desire — to manage the squad and to renew it properly, in a few seasons we will be in a dangerously dire situation. I mean, ten years ago we had world-class (outfield) players in every position in the field : Terry, Lampard, Cole, Drogba, etc... Now, we have only one and it's Hazard.

Abramovich needs to understand that doing these cheap business will cost us greatly in the mid to long term. Not only it is crucially weakening our squad, but it does also hurt our ability to attract big names and/or futur stars. Young kids want to play with Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar, Mbappe, Robben, Pogba, etc...  The only one of our players that has this power of attraction is Hazard — and he is not eternal. That is also why, back in the days, we were able to sign good players for the bench : because they had great players before them and thus could deal with it. Now, we cannot even convince the likes of Chalobah to stay on the bench while years ago players queued for that. And if you throw in the mix that every two years we are in a shambles, then you have a club that is not very attractive at all. I fear the future is not very bright for this club...

3 minutes ago, Peace. said:

We have been very, very, very lucky to suffer our decline while the whole English football was declining as well. It has allowed us to keep the head out of the water and to win two PL, otherwise we would be right now at the same level as Liverpool. Seeing our inability — or rather, our non-desire — to manage the squad and to renew it properly, in a few seasons we will be in a dangerously dire situation. I mean, ten years ago we had world-class (outfield) players in every position in the field : Terry, Lampard, Cole, Drogba, etc... Now, we have only one and it's Hazard.

Abramovich needs to understand that doing these cheap business will cost us greatly in the mid to long term. Not only it is crucially weakening our squad, but it does also hurt our ability to attract big names and/or futur stars. Young kids want to play with Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar, Mbappe, Robben, Pogba, etc...  The only one of our players that has this power of attraction is Hazard — and he is not eternal. That is also why, back in the days, we were able to sign good players for the bench : because they had great players before them and thus could deal with it. Now, we cannot even convince the likes of Chalobah to stay on the bench while years ago players queued for that. And if you throw in the mix that every two years we are in a shambles, then you have a club that is not very attractive at all. I fear the future is not very bright for this club...

I think something is happening behind the scenes. Some clubs (PSG, Manchester clubs) have made the decision to recruit the most well-known names no matter the cost. Others, such as us, Spurs and Arsenal have decided to try and maintain a self-sustainable revenue model. 
I am not saying that I find it the best choice in the current environment, but I find it hard otherwise to explain how we could lose three wing-backs to City, one to Inter, one to Spurs and another to Liverpool. 

I do think that the players we have recruited will be excellent, and if we had retained Ake, Chalobah and Costa then I would think that this was a great transfer window. However, is has been 100% clear for a while that we needed reinforcements, and the market has been open for several months now. The money is there, no doubt about it whatsoever, so what is keeping us from being more pro-active? This is crazy, I simply refuse to believe that our board is so incompetent. It absolutely must be directions coming from Roman himself, I cannot fathom any other reason for failing so spectacularly. 

There is still one day left. I know we can get Drinkwater, Barkley and Llorente. I think those would be good signings, but if we end up recruiting not a single WB on either side then heads should roll. It was priority number one, and there is exactly one day left to fix this. Talk about cutting it close.

8 minutes ago, coolhead23 said:

I m sure that Ox is not the only option available out there ... what everyone is pissed (I believe) is that we didnt act much earlier in the window, surely Ox was not the first choice, would be 3rd/4th maybe 5th... Club should have identified the targets and have plan A,B,C,D ready ... I know plan A was Sandro and it didnt go as plan (i think we didnt try hard, just an opinion) but then what about plan B, C?

It is how we acted in the window is what is disappointing when clearly we knew that we need to strengthen the team!!! 

I agree but it boils down to the Ox's personal choice nothing that the board can do about that. I'm slightly on the fence about this he's a good but not great player so I can't say I'm devastated about him not joining us. What I'm fucked off about is the Mickey Mouser's are going to start a chant about him turning us down like our Willian one. He's been compared to James Milner and I think that's a good comparison someone who's adequate in a lot of positions but not good enough to hold down a fixed spot.

6 minutes ago, Peace. said:

We don't have a good enough board anymore, that's it. Clearly we're not relying on cheap business hence the Morata transfer.

I'm sorry but you sound like a grumpy fortune teller. I think building a foundation and a team identity is far more important than just signing big names. What Conte has been doing can take us to the next level with the right circumstances which aren't necessarily all about signing spoiled superstars.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You