Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Billy.

You think we'd sound out from the player + agent whether he wanted the move/role first before agreeing a deal with Arsenal. In the meantime we've run the clock down on the window and have no other wing back targets.

Really negligent from the board

37 minutes ago, Blusan Alamb said:

He always wanted to be like Gerrard.

I always wanted to be Hugh Hefner that's not going to happen anytime soon and There's more chance of me being Hugh Hefner than ox being Stevie g

7 minutes ago, Mana said:

They didn't hijack us...we had first dibs on the whole thing. Ox rejected us simply because we want him to play in the wing, simple as. Then he (and Arsenal) turned to Liverpool who are probably going to play him in central midfield.

Doesn't matter, it will be remembered as hijacking. And it was, he was probably going to sign for us until Pool came calling, whatever technical details changed his mind doesn't matter.

I'm not surprised to be honest, but I'm also not that mad he rejected us. He would have been a great addition, but if the reports are correct and he doesn't want to play as a WB then I don't really want him here. I certainly don't see him playing in central midfield or anywhere else despite his versatility unless the circumstances call for that.

Not sure why we are not just allowing Tomori to rotate with Moses. Yes he's young, but give him a shot. Sometimes throwing them in at the deep end is the best solution. I would love to see Juan Castillo get a squad place for LWB in the near future, he looks really talented at 17 y/o. I don't believe these youngsters are not capable. 

14 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

The real question is why the fuck were we in for Ox for so long and so late to play our RWB when he doesnt even want to play that position.

Such a rubbish decision by the board, unbelievable.

He turned down a new contract at Arsenal a few days ago so how is that a long time ?. It's only become apparent overnight that he didn't want to play wing back so again how can you blame the board ?. If someone doesn't want to join Chelsea that's their choice nothing that the board can do about it.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You