Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Billy.

24 minutes ago, Peace. said:

We have been very, very, very lucky to suffer our decline while the whole English football was declining as well. It has allowed us to keep the head out of the water and to win two PL, otherwise we would be right now at the same level as Liverpool. Seeing our inability — or rather, our non-desire — to manage the squad and to renew it properly, in a few seasons we will be in a dangerously dire situation. I mean, ten years ago we had world-class (outfield) players in every position in the field : Terry, Lampard, Cole, Drogba, etc... Now, we have only one and it's Hazard.

Abramovich needs to understand that doing these cheap business will cost us greatly in the mid to long term. Not only it is crucially weakening our squad, but it does also hurt our ability to attract big names and/or futur stars. Young kids want to play with Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar, Mbappe, Robben, Pogba, etc...  The only one of our players that has this power of attraction is Hazard — and he is not eternal. That is also why, back in the days, we were able to sign good players for the bench : because they had great players before them and thus could deal with it. Now, we cannot even convince the likes of Chalobah to stay on the bench while years ago players queued for that. And if you throw in the mix that every two years we are in a shambles, then you have a club that is not very attractive at all. I fear the future is not very bright for this club...

Massive overreaction. 

1 minute ago, Iggy Doonican said:

I agree but it boils down to the Ox's personal choice nothing that the board can do about that. I'm slightly on the fence about this he's a good but not great player so I can't say I'm devastated about him not joining us. What I'm fucked off about is the Mickey Mouser's are going to start a chant about him turning us down like our Willian one. He's been compared to James Milner and I think that's a good comparison someone who's adequate in a lot of positions but not good enough to hold down a fixed spot.

Honestly right now we are in a state where we're crying out loud for a signing even it means the most average player in the league ... I dont think Ox is a world class level player he is just a decent player who is versatile, I wouldnt have given it a thought had this been at the start or middle of the window but with a day more to go I dont give a damn about Ox's personal choice ... Just needed the signing done specially when the clubs agreed, it is more disappointing that the champions get turned down by an average player. Grrrrrrrrrr!!!  

Anyways, was expecting we would make a mess in the window the way we performed in the Transfer window. 

BTW the comparison with Miller is apt. :) 

19 minutes ago, Rekin said:

I think something is happening behind the scenes. Some clubs (PSG, Manchester clubs) have made the decision to recruit the most well-known names no matter the cost. Others, such as us, Spurs and Arsenal have decided to try and maintain a self-sustainable revenue model. 
I am not saying that I find it the best choice in the current environment, but I find it hard otherwise to explain how we could lose three wing-backs to City, one to Inter, one to Spurs and another to Liverpool. 

I do think that the players we have recruited will be excellent, and if we had retained Ake, Chalobah and Costa then I would think that this was a great transfer window. However, is has been 100% clear for a while that we needed reinforcements, and the market has been open for several months now. The money is there, no doubt about it whatsoever, so what is keeping us from being more pro-active? This is crazy, I simply refuse to believe that our board is so incompetent. It absolutely must be directions coming from Roman himself, I cannot fathom any other reason for failing so spectacularly. 

There is still one day left. I know we can get Drinkwater, Barkley and Llorente. I think those would be good signings, but if we end up recruiting not a single WB on either side then heads should roll. It was priority number one, and there is exactly one day left to fix this. Talk about cutting it close.

What if we simply don't have as much money as people think we do ? Everyone keeps saying we've got plenty of money but i don't think we do.

Last season we spent 132.8 million euros on players and brought in 108.4 million euros on player sales.

That's a loss of 24.4 million euros. Which already includes Oscar's 60 million we made. 

Now looking at this transfer window. 

We've spent 140 million euros and brought in 122.8 million euros. That's a loss of 17.2 million euros. Now we still have Costa left to sell but we also are looking at strenghtening the squad with Drinkwater, Llorente.

say we sell Costa for £50 million all of it would have to be used to buy those 2 players. I don't think we can sustain 100 of millions in losses.

It wouldn't make any sense that we'd be sticking as close to breakeven (financially) ,as we have these past few years ,if we had hundreds of millions lying around.

1 minute ago, Belgiannutt said:

What if we simply don't have as much money as people think we do ? Everyone keeps saying we've got plenty of money but i don't think we do.

Last season we spent 132.8 million euros on players and brought in 108.4 million euros on player sales.

That's a loss of 24.4 million euros. Which already includes Oscar's 60 million we made. 

Now looking at this transfer window. 

We've spent 140 million euros and brought in 122.8 million euros. That's a loss of 17.2 million euros. Now we still have Costa left to sell but we also are looking at strenghtening the squad with Drinkwater, Llorente.

say we sell Costa for £50 million all of it would have to be used to buy those 2 players. I don't think we can sustain 100 of millions in losses.

It wouldn't make any sense that we'd be sticking as close to breakeven (financially) ,as we have these past few years ,if we had hundreds of millions lying around.

Stadium isn't going to pay for itself.

1 hour ago, Peace. said:

We have been very, very, very lucky to suffer our decline while the whole English football was declining as well. It has allowed us to keep the head out of the water and to win two PL, otherwise we would be right now at the same level as Liverpool. Seeing our inability — or rather, our non-desire — to manage the squad and to renew it properly, in a few seasons we will be in a dangerously dire situation. I mean, ten years ago we had world-class (outfield) players in every position in the field : Terry, Lampard, Cole, Drogba, etc... Now, we have only one and it's Hazard.

Abramovich needs to understand that doing these cheap business will cost us greatly in the mid to long term. Not only it is crucially weakening our squad, but it does also hurt our ability to attract big names and/or futur stars. Young kids want to play with Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar, Mbappe, Robben, Pogba, etc...  The only one of our players that has this power of attraction is Hazard — and he is not eternal. That is also why, back in the days, we were able to sign good players for the bench : because they had great players before them and thus could deal with it. Now, we cannot even convince the likes of Chalobah to stay on the bench while years ago players queued for that. And if you throw in the mix that every two years we are in a shambles, then you have a club that is not very attractive at all. I fear the future is not very bright for this club...

I always said this 

and nobody agree with that. 

We are not a famous club anymore. 

2 hours ago, Iggy Doonican said:

There's been rumours he wanted to leave but he refused to sign a new contract only a few days ago what exactly are Chelsea supposed to have done ?. If we approached him outside of the transfer window  we would get done for tapping up so your point about enquiring about his situation is invalid. Bottom line he was offered a deal by us he turned it down it happens.

Well the window is open for two months now. If he was high on our list, we should bid for him month ago. If arsenal rejected us, move to next target. If Ox rejected us, move to next target. No need to tapping him. We would see exactly what is going on.

But the idea to try landing a player who clearly prefers to play CM (meaning high chance of refusing us) two days before deadline without any quality backup plan, thats idiotic.  

Im not even mad at Ox. He refused us, it happens. He wants to play midfield. But I blame our board for being naive and simply said fucked up our situation very nice. Tomorrow is last day and we still have one proper wingback on each side while going into 4 competitons. 

In the end Ox has nothing to do with this, the board are just incompetent to get shit done. 

Unless we sign Aurier or someone similar tomorrow, it will be panic buys over again. Decent quality, overpaid, but come next season and long term, not good enough players. And with few exceptions, thats going on more or less every year for a while now.

7 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Well the window is open for two months now. If he was high on our list, we should bid for him month ago. If arsenal rejected us, move to next target. If Ox rejected us, move to next target. No need to tapping him. We would see exactly what is going on.

But the idea to try landing a player who clearly prefers to play CM (meaning high chance of refusing us) two days before deadline without any quality backup plan, thats idiotic.  

Im not even mad at Ox. He refused us, it happens. He wants to play midfield. But I blame our board for being naive and simply said fucked up our situation very nice. Tomorrow is last day and we still have one proper wingback on each side while going into 4 competitons. 

In the end Ox has nothing to do with this, the board are just incompetent to get shit done. 

Unless we sign Aurier or someone similar tomorrow, it will be panic buys over again. Decent quality, overpaid, but come next season and long term, not good enough players. And with few exceptions, thats going on more or less every year for a while now.

Can't blame the board for this imo. ( not that i think the board hasn't made mistakes this window it's just that specifically for the AOC transfer i don't think they did anything wrong)

Arsenal weren't gonna let him go until the very end and it's not like we've been waiting just for AOC.

I don't know what type of contact is allowed and what contact is considered "tapping up". Chances are we didn't know he wanted to only play CM. 

Maybe we did know but thought we could convince him. Not that crazy considering we're in a better position to win trophies then Arsenal and Liverpool and would be able to offer him better wages.

Unfortunately he really wants to play CM. Not much to be done.

6 minutes ago, Belgiannutt said:

Can't blame the board for this imo. ( not that i think the board hasn't made mistakes this window it's just that specifically for the AOC transfer i don't think they did anything wrong)

Arsenal weren't gonna let him go until the very end and it's not like we've been waiting just for AOC.

I don't know what type of contact is allowed and what contact is considered "tapping up". Chances are we didn't know he wanted to only play CM. 

Maybe we did know but thought we could convince him. Not that crazy considering we're in a better position to win trophies then Arsenal and Liverpool and would be able to offer him better wages.

Unfortunately he really wants to play CM. Not much to be done.

Well we had whole summer to get the job done. There were and still are multiple quality players for both left and right flank. 

Zero excuse we didnt buy competition for Moses and Alonso yet.

If we buy someone good on final day and it works out, I will eat my humble pie, but if not, the board realy has no credit left if you ask me. Heading into 50-60 games season with this small squad is not acceptable. There is no excuse out there to explain it. Morata, Baka, Rudiger all good buys must say, but here I point on positons we didnt strenghten and we definately should. Its like they are taking a piss with all those sales and loans, and not bringing replacements in. Whole summer links left and right, for Sandro, for Lukaku, for Ox,...and I was defending the board we will eventualy sign Sandro and Lukaku probably wasnt even in our plans, but seeing its last day and transfers have not been made yet, more so we are failing to land even more players, thats big big failure. Dont get me wrong, Im happy we got Morata in the end, but principle was we were in for Lukaku, Sandro and failed to land them. Who knows who else we wanted and didnt get (Walker, Sanchez,...)

Can't believe what a wank this boy turned out to be, can't understand why he would choose pool over Chelsea and it's reported that he will earn less there than in Chelsea or arsenal. Hope he will regret this move a couple of years later.

23 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

If he was high on our list, we should bid for him month ago

He hadn't turned down a contract at Arsenal until a couple of days ago so what could anyone do ?, Chelsea get linked with loads of players all the time. He could quite easily have seen his contract out for another year or signed a new one we put in a bid Arsenal agreed the fee he turned us down end of.

6 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Well we had whole summer to get the job done. There were and still are multiple quality players for both left and right flank. 

Zero excuse we didnt buy competition for Moses and Alonso yet.

Fully agree with that it's just that i don't believe the board can be blamed for the AOC deal not going through. Regardless of what they did it was never gonna happen.

2 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

He hadn't turned down a contract at Arsenal until a couple of days ago so what could anyone do ?, Chelsea get linked with loads of players all the time. He could quite easily have seen his contract out for another year or signed a new one we put in a bid Arsenal agreed the fee he turned us down end of.

Sorry, but is it necessary he has to refuse the new contract first or ? We couldnt bid for him before? 

How did we buy Morata or Bakayoko then? They didnt turn down new contracts before we bid for them?

As far I know tapping up means talking with player before talking with club. Official bid to the club for xx player can come any time. But officialy player is registered in new club during transfer windows.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You