PSG v Chelsea

Jase

I wonder if Cuadrado will start? He has never played Champions League football (he has played Europa League albeit) and only 1 full game for us. It'd be a mistake for us to chuck him in here imo.

I hope I get to see him but share your worries a little. Either they could start with him and take him off if he doesn't do well. Or bring him on in the 2nd half if we've got the game controlled.

If there are doubts about him it's better to start with him or not use him at all. It's more important to end the game well than to start it well. You shouldn't put too much pressure on him too soon.

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if Cuadrado will start? He has never played Champions League football (he has played Europa League albeit) and only 1 full game for us. It'd be a mistake for us to chuck him in here imo.

I'd be pretty surprised if he does.

It will be a cagey and dull game but probably a nervous one at the same time. I hope we go for it intelligently.

They killed barca through counter attacking, when they play possession based their threat is different and way more manageable. I hope we set out to be a really fierce counter attacking team rather than simply defensive. I think we could win the tie tonight with a 2/3-0 win

If Cesc and Oscar are out, I can see Jose choose the kind of squad below.

Costa

Hazard Willian Remy

Matic Ramires

Azpi Ivan

Terry Zouma

Cech

I do not believe Jose will pick Cuadrado to the XI so what other choices do we really have? That team would definitely be set up for the counter. We played good football against Everton with a squad full of speedsters. Only problem we had was that Cesc was out so creativity in midfield was non-existent. With Remy and Costa, we could seriously challenge their backline with intelligent runs, knowing that certain Luiz is there to cause all kinds of problems (for Thiago Silva).