Liverpool 1-1 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

Dude he's 24 not 5!

He's almost a quarter of a century old!

This is when he should be pulling up trees - he never went past the defence in the second half and that is unacceptable.

He dithered around and lost the ball. LUIS was more of a threat

Hazard played shit - just admit it and stop with the excuses. He has a couple of decent games and has been average the last couple

I want to see 100% every game and I'm not, so I feel justified with my complaint

I thought Eden was okay. He wasn't terrible, but yeah, he wasn't good either. His touch was pretty poor and he gave the ball away too many times.

But I think he's just tired.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All Right. After this little big disappointment ... I prefer to think that Jose has thought about a match of 180 minutes, and not a match of 90 minutes where we could have sentenced the semifinal.

It's a little big disappointment because many (myself) we trusted a great result tonight in the face of The Reds.

I think we've proposed a slow game without much chance to attack. A match slowed thinking of getting a goal to have a small advantage for better managing the result in the return in The Bridge.

But thinking calmlyis not a catastrophe, even be a disappointment. Today Liverpool fans are celebrating a tie with us at Anfield Road. But they already think with a losing mentality.

Trying to think of the positive outcome of today, we still have a game in El Puente, against Liverpool and with our best team.

Jose also will do a more spectacular approach with our usual performance, Oscar and Jose remain a teacher for this type of games where he can play with the result.

All quiet. It's just a little big disappointment. But our team are not going to fail us, sure. Now is when we need to be more united.

We are

Top of the league with +5

Classifieds in Champions League against PSG.

In FA CUP

In a match (only a draw to 0) of the final of the League Cup

Together we are more stronger

giphy.gif

So, which results we need to avoid in second leg to go through because Im really confused with carling cup rules

13.5 In the Semi-Final ties, if the aggregate score is level at the end of the second game an extra half-hour shall be played. If the aggregate scores are still level at the end of extra time the tie shall be decided by goals scored away from home counting twice. If the teams remain equal after this procedure the tie shall be determined by the taking of kicks from the penalty mark in accordance with the Laws of Association Football.

Read more at http://www.capitalonecup.co.uk/competition/rules/#rSfw2ffS3bUiR8tS.99

Dude he's 24 not 5!

He's almost a quarter of a century old!

This is when he should be pulling up trees - he never went past the defence in the second half and that is unacceptable.

He dithered around and lost the ball. LUIS was more of a threat

Hazard played shit - just admit it and stop with the excuses. He has a couple of decent games and has been average the last couple

I want to see 100% every game and I'm not, so I feel justified with my complaint

So what now? Sell Hazard and go back to having no spark in our team?

You don't quite realize just how lucky we are to have him, mate. No player will give you 100% every game, ever. Except in video games. Therefore, it's not about making excuses. It's about understanding the nature of the game.

So, which results we need to avoid in second leg to go through because Im really confused with carling cup rules

Losing - if it's a draw 1-1 / 2-2 after 90, another 30 mins - if it stayed 2-2 Lpool would go through

So we really should have tried for a second

If it stays 1-1 then after 120 mins = penalties

So what now? Sell Hazard and go back to having no spark in our team?

You don't quite realize just how lucky we are to have him, mate. No player will give you 100% every game, ever. Except in video games. Therefore, it's not about making excuses. It's about understanding the nature of the game.

Really... This is what it has come to...

So you're telling me Ronaldo on the left tonight would have had just as bad a game? Or Messi?

He needs to man up and be counted in the big games - he's starting to resemble Thierry Henry a bit of a choker...

No player is bigger than the club and whilst everyone might worship the fucking ground he walks on - I wasn't impressed one bit, lazy, sloppy and disinterested. not a good attitude at all.

So you're telling me Ronaldo on the left tonight would have had just as bad a game? Or Messi?

He needs to man up and be counted in the big games - he's starting to resemble Thierry Henry a bit of a choker...

No player is bigger than the club and whilst everyone might worship the fucking ground he walks on - I wasn't impressed one bit, lazy, sloppy and disinterested. not a good attitude at all.

he has been at a funeral before the game. this things also effect people. isnt easy to go out playing while you just have been at a funeral of somebody you have known and probably played with...

So Arsenal this season wasn't a big game? United in FA? Liverpool last season? Many times we have been in the shit and he has got us out of it?

Not elated about the result but we got the 2nd best result possible.

I thought the game plan was okay but we didn't have the legs to execute it. I agree with another poster who said Cesc in the 10 is an awful tactic and takes away from the overall effectiveness of the squad. In a game where Liverpool had 6 midfielders I thought we needed more legs in the game and Matic, Fab and Mikel is much too slow to cope with the pace. I thought Jose would've brought in Oscar and Ramires once they got tired and basically played around them... I didn't happen and there are three positive ways to look at this result.

1. Liverpool will never be better than they were today and they got a draw at home. We have so much more to bring...

2. We have effectively made this a one off at the Bridge where we haven't lost all season.

3. Although I would've rather we take the game to them and win comfortably this result means we have two game next week that we have to be turned on for. The team have it all to play for now and had we won today and played like we did today next week it wouldn't have boded well for our form heading into city.

Courtois had his best game for us, everybody else was stuck in first gear. I still have no idea why Jose didn't switch it up at all... It was clear we didn't have the legs in the side to cope.

Ronaldo has plenty of bad games including the two legs against atletico in the Copa Del Rey.

Yes they could have! Ronaldo lost to a team like Real Sociedad, and choked at the WC several times, and just recently couldn't do much against Atletico. Messi choked multiple times with Argentina and even with Barca against smaller teams.

That aside, they are the last 2 players to win the golden ball, we don't have either of them, we can't buy either of them. So how about we just appreciate our special and promising talent while we can?

Seriously...stfu. You're emberassing yourself. Hazard has arguably been our best player in the big games.( City, Arsenal, United, Southampton, Tottenham, Liverpool)

Any big game we've played this season he's been one of the best if not the best performer and coming up with an important goal or assist.

No idea why Jose went for the "safe" alternative and played Mikel. First thing, playing Mikel is never safe. It means limiting our attcking options whilst giving us one error prone player more. Just next to Ivanovic and Cahill. Secondly it is only Liverpool. Just a midtable team between swansea and West ham which is exactly where they belong and what they are. We pay those lots far too much respect. We made them strong by giving them so much space. They played a 3-6-1 so were always gonna exploit it any space we got them with continuous posession.

We gave up our new-born identity of fast, intricate, technical and goal-bound combination play to play some dodgy 19th century farmers football. I am no idealist and i have no problem with parking the bus, but when you do it you should do it right. Our defence porous and our attempts to counter pathetic. We created almost no chances.

Tbf Liverpool really worked hard and played their system perfectly. But we simply should not concede playing all defense against such a joke of a team.